Atlantic Seaview Apartments
  • Breakfast included
POD Camps Bay(Camps Bay)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
The Marly Hotel(Camps Bay)
Primi Royal(Camps Bay)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscape townpleasant staysafe areastayed nightsenjoyed our stayplace to staythe penthousebedroomfacilitiesmaidoceanviewsbay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We were six people from Atlanta,ga . USA . Lucky to find this place in Cape Town . Sea view and mountain view stunning. Owner operated so service was world class.. Definately recommend and will repeat should we visit Cape Town again

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My family and I were visiting Cape Town for the first time and I have to say I was extremely nervous about booking accommodation. I found Atlantic Seaview Apartments on an online search and booked it straight away! From the very first point of contact via e-mail with Sindre I knew we were in good hands. We were not dissappointed! It was AMAZING! From reading other reviews I can safely say that they do not know what they are talking about. The bedrooms were super comfy and VERY clean. The bathrooms were IMMACULATE. The living room was just perfect for us, we ate our dinners at home every night we were there! The kitchen does the job, if my mum (who is a professional chef and who has worked in celebrity chef restaurants) can cook a curry in that kitchen then that kitchen is big enough and good enough for anyone! I cannot thank Sindre enough for making this holiday so memorable. He is so hospitable and accommodating (we were quite a demanding bunch!). The next time I visit Cape Town I will definitely be staying at Atlantic Seaview Apartments! The biggest compliment I can give Sindre is to recommend this as THE place to stay at while in CT!

Best wishes,
Seyurie and family
London

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Seyurie N
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I enjoyed the stay at Atlantic Seaview apartments, it had all the facilities i needed and more. It is spacious and the decoration is of a high standard. As it was winter the under floor heating was very good and made the whole apartment nice and warm. The view from the bedrooms and living areas are great and exactly what we wanted from our stay in camps bay the sunsets are amazing and we took loads of pictures. The cleaning service was also very good and we returned everyday to a nice clean house and with two small kids this makes a big difference.

Room Tip: The apratment on the top left is the best in my view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 6GerhardV
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed at this facility during the beginning of 2013. What a disappointment when we arrived! It was noting like the photos on the internet. One could see that this place has not been a four star facility for a very long time. I would love to see if there are any recent four star grading from the SA grading council!! The furniture is very basic and not homely at all. The carpet in the living area was very dirty and the kitchen so small and basic. Not even a table and chairs to sit at when inside. The weather can be very bad at times and one needs to be able to have a meal inside as well.
The towels was so hard - it hurts one skin! Never experienced this before. The one shower did not work properly.
We asked for a cot for our baby and was even asked to pay for this if it was supplied!? We have stayed at many places with our children before and was never asked to pay extra for a cot.
With all the amazing places to stay at in Cape Town I would definately not recommende this place to any one. You can find soooo much better value for your money in Cape Town.
Unfortunaely for us we really got the impression that the owner needed to to make as much money as possible, with hardly any money flowing back into the apartments to make it the 4 star facility it boasts to be.

Room Tip: Wait for this facility to be upgraded before you visit again!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Hestie M
ASACT, Owner at Atlantic Seaview Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Hi Hestie,

Thanks for taking your time to write a review. We exchanged some mails after you left the apartment in January. I thought we had a good communication about the different issues at that time. You also ended your last mail "We will definitely remember to book the Ocean view apartment next time as it seems more suitable for our needs."

In January did we talk about the dirty carpet, and I wrote to you: "I told the maid that she had to clean the carpet on Monday (after you left). It was a family with 3 small children that moved out the same day you arrived. The carpet did not look nice, since we did not have the time to rinse it." We did rinse the carpet later as soon as we had the chance.

You pointed out earlier that the towels are hard. I informed you then that we changed our routine. We don't hang the towels outside in the sun as we used to, and we increased the use of fabric softener. This made the towels softer. We have also bought a tumble dryer to make the towels more soft.

Before you finally booked the apartment did I ask if you wanted to rent an extra cot with linen for your infant, and I wrote to you: "I would normally give you the cot for free, but no one get this apartment so cheap during this 5 months, so I have to think about the business". For your information did you pay R950 less per night compared to the guests that came after your family. This explain why we charged you extra for the cot. You responded - "Sorry – I forgot to mention about the cot. We have a small day bed and will bring that along for him to sleep in".

I am sorry that you did not find the furniture homely. This has probably to do with style and design. We have black Le CorBusier Style at our sofas and chair, which is a design icon. Our European customer likes it very much together with all the design glass tables. This is much about taste and what we like/dislike.

I have invested much money into the apartment. The bed you slept in cost R23 000 and the night tables cost about R3000 each, and the beds in the other rooms and glass tables are also of high quality and contemporary in design. The bathrooms are almost new and holds a high standard. We have fixed the one shower head. The Star Grading Assessor was here in April to do the guest house assessment like previous years. They had no problem giving this apartment a 4 star this year either. Two years earlier did the assessor say that she could make this apartment a 5 star if it had air condition. The apartment was painted in November 2012, so it is not more we can do without changing the style.

I am sorry that we could not refund you for the last night you left one night to early, even if the wind was strong. We cannot refund our customers because of bad weather, since it will be risky for our business. I support your view in your last mail to book the Ocean view apartment next time as it seems more suitable for your needs

Best regards

Sindre

Reviewed 15 April 2013

My daughter and I were staying at Atlantic Seaview Apartments in March. Sindre made us feel really welcome. We loved our apartment - it had everything we needed. The property is located in upper Camps Bay in a quite road and offers the most amazing sea view. The pool is great as well and the garden well maintained. I really wish we could have stayed longer. We will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family