The Bay Hotel
The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$499
US$392
Hotels.com
The Marly Hotel(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$297
Camps Bay Retreat(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$155
POD Camps Bay(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$228
The Place on the Bay(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$81
Agoda.com
Primi Seacastle Guest House(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$89
Primi Royal(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$95
Agoda.com
South Beach Camps Bay(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$172
Orbitz.com
Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$200
  • Breakfast included
Priceline
  • Pool
1,224 results
All reviewscabana roomtraders barpremier sea viewcigar barcape townlovely hotelopposite the beachtable mountaina mountain view roombreakfast servicebreakfast roomour honeymoonsuperb locationsun loungerspool decklovely roombars and restaurants
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We went to visit guests at the hotel for breakfast and it was just appalling , I have never experienced such a lack of service ,interest and passion......you would have thought I owed the staff a favor.

The hotels position is great, one of the best in Cape Town but make no mistake also very ,very expensive,but in today's world there are many options and in my world a great position with poor service is a place is just not worth the stay.

Jack king rating 3/10

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jack K
TheBayHotel, Manager at The Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Jack K. Thank you for you honest review of your experience at the hotel, we are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this ocassion. On 1 May 2014 we implimented our new winter breakfast concept and were unfortunately still ironing out a few operational issues. We can assure you that this is not the normal level of service we offer and would like to invite you back as our guest for breakfast for a very different experience. Please feel free to make contact with Mark Stevens, our Restauranteur, at restauranteur@thebay.co.za to make the necessary arrangement.. Kind regards.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had a fantstic stay at The Bay Hotel from April 20-26 2014 as part of a 2 week Easter Holiday. We were a family of 9 from the age of 6 (after approval from hotel manager :-) to 75. We had 5 rooms, all to our great satisfaction. We found the the staff extremely serviceminded and friendly that catered to all our needs. Food was great both for breakfast and in the restaurant.
Especially we found Derrick from the transport service very helpful and serviceminded. He drove us to the Cape, to Table Mountain, helped arrange shark cage diving and a rental of an AC Cobra. We used many of the hotel facilities, including the training facilities, spa, pool and tennis and found all to be superb. I celebrated my birthday there and in the evening found the bed nicely decorated with flowers and complimentary chocolate cake and sparkling wine! Very nice indeed. Fantastic hotel and definately the place to stay in Camps Bay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rune J

Dear Rune J. Thank you for your complimentary review of the hotel. We are delighted to note that you and your family enjoyed your Easter holiday at the hotel, and have shared your wonderful comments with our staff. We sincerely hope that you will be returning to The Bay Hotel on your next visit to Cape Town and assure you of our best attention. Warm regards.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have, as my tripadvisor profile will show, stayed in some of the best hotels in the world. I preface this review with this statement to show comparative ability. I can with confidence say The Bay Hotel Camps Bay is without a doubt the most pathetic excuse for a hotel. Upon arrival it was clear the suite had not been cleaned given the fact the windows to the balcony were filthy. I wouldn't wash my dog in the outside "jacuzzi".
Turndown service doesn't include clearing glasses and drinks in the room, only folding your sheets back (unlike a basic turndown service even in a 3 star hotel).
I asked every day for 3 days for the safe to be fixed and I was ignored.
I asked repeatedly for a converter plug and was told South African Plugs and UK plugs are the same.
I asked for the Financial Times and was told every newspaper has the financial times in it!!!
The service in the hotel is non existent. Both times at breakfast I had to ask repeatedly for my order to be taken, and when the food came it was inedible. None of the staff smile or greet you and when i smile at them there is a heavy sigh of discontent. When I asked for a glass of orange juice I was told where on the buffet to find it.
It says in the breakfast menu the chairman of the hotel visited the best hotels in the world in order to create this breakfast. Lord only knows what dumps he visited along the way.
The shower in the room was blocked every morning from day one and never fixed even though maintenance did take the time to finally fix a leaking toilet which required the room to be aired out (even though the toilet hadn't been used given it was as I came into the room the first time).
The internet is a joke and NEVER works.
The list is sadly endless and when I finally got to speak to Graeme Smith the hotels "GM" his reply was "what do you want me to do about it". I will refrain from being rude about him any further than saying he is not a GM. A GM would not have taken such criticism so lightly and not have brushed it off and ignored it so quickly.
Even the couple in the room next to me had as many complaints as I did. The table next to me at breakfast saw their food and laughed as they couldn't seriously believe they were being served such rubbish.
I reserve bad reviews for only the worst. At least i know I have stayed at the worst and it can only get better from here!
Do yourself a favour and don't shatter the perception of this hotel. See it from the outside as a perfectly located hotel but enter at your own risk!

Room Tip: The best room you could choose would be in another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank SimonLiebel
TheBayHotel, Manager at The Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear SimonLiebel. It is evident that we failed to meet your expectations in several areas of service delievry during your visit, and for this we offer our humblest apologies. We do, however, believe that during your 3 night stay, we addressed your complaint regarding the jacuzzi and windows immediately, and these issues were efficiently dealt with by our staff. Service levels are extremely important to us, and you can be assured that the issues you raised have been addressed with the relevant staff in order to improve our performance.
For future travelers to The Bay Hotel, we would like to mention that our Suites offer outdoor jacuzzi's located on the balcony, and occasionally through nature's elements are not 100% clean during the day, guests are encouraged to contact our front desk for service in this regard. We also understand that by international standards the internet in South Africa is not as fast, but we have ensured that our guests have the best available by offering a Fibre Optic connection and all internet issues can immediately be resolved by our on-site IT department. While we understand that our apology may not fully compensate you for your disappointing experience, we would again like to assure you that your comments are of the utmost importance to us, and trust that you will, as discussed, return to the hotel later this year, so that you can experience why the hotel was voted one of the top 25 hotels in South Afirca by Tripadvisor. Kind regards.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

What lovely people . The room is top end with stunning views and amazing facilities . Various bars are interesting , a better draught beer , something local not Castle or Carling , to replace Peroni would be useful . Food is good , the veggie platter in the Bistro very welcome for those seeking a non meat fix . Make sure when you ask for time to restraunts you ask whether its by foot or car so you don't get stung for the hotel car . Its not expensive but its should be a fun option , not a default . The honeymoon preparation for our room whilst out on first evening did the entire hotel proud and made us feel very special .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TheBayHotel, Manager at The Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Ian P. Thank you for your complimentary review of the hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us. We sincerely hope that you will be returning to The Bay Hotel in the future and look forward to having you as our guests again. Warm regards.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My partner and I arrived at the Bay from the Blue Train - and the luxury continued. The management had upgraded us to a sea view room as we were celebrating a birthday, together with a fruit basket, cake and wine. The room was super - throw open the balcony doors and invite the breath of the Atlantic Ocean to refresh your senses. Breakfasts are served late - to midday at least and the staff - Yolanda in particular - extremely friendly and helpful. The location is so good - plunge pools are fun and if pool side service was a little on the slow side, well, that just meant more time to enjoy the wonderful views. We were booked for 4 nights and then a further 4 at the Radisson, near the V&A Waterfront. In hindsight, we should have stayed the full 8 nights at the Bay - something we will be sure to do next time. We did have a slight problem with Room Service, but Mark, the manager, rectified this the next day by offering a complimentary meal in the Bistro, which was most acceptable.

Room Tip: Our room, 233, was superb with great sea views, 30 seconds from the pool deck and just along the corridor from the Spa.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear laurence_kevin. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments following your Birthday celebration at the hotel. We are truly delighted to hear that you and your partner enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel and that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back in the future, hopefully for a longer stay. Warm regards.