Considering this hotel is situated right on the seafront in Camps bay which is one of the most expensive areas to stay/live in cape town this hotel is in a prime location and very reasonably priced compared to other properties in this area (you are not paying 5 star prices and it is not a five star property).
We had the cheapest studio room and it had a sea view from the side windows and a mountain view from the back windows, the room was spacious and very clean and we didn't experience any problems with noise. The bathroom could probably have done with a bit of modernisation but was adequate for our needs. There was a small kitchen area just right for making breakfast and snacks (there is a supermarket a 5 min walk down the road) and there are plenty of restaurants serving delicious food right on your doorstep. The Italian restaurant attached to the hotel is cheap and does excellent home made pastas pizzas etc and we never had a bad meal in any of the eateries lining the seafront.
There is a small swimming pool which could do with a bit of tidying up but it does over look the beach and is in a position to be a sun trap all day long and sheltered from the wind!
The staff were friendly and helpful and more than accommodating.
The waterfront, mountain and city centre are all within a 10/15 min drive and there are plenty of taxis lined up along the beachfront road in front of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Place on the Bay, situated along the beach-front road enjoys an undisturbed picturesque view of the white sandy beaches, the palm fringed bay and the majestic Twelve Apostle Mountains. The hotel is perfectly positioned in Cape Town`s trendiest suburb, Camps Bay, 15 minutes' drive from the Cape Town CBD.The Place on the Bay hotel offers 21 serviced hotel apartments. All are elegantly furnished en suite bedrooms with a kitchen, king/queen-size beds, Samsung LCD TV with satellite television, air-conditioning unit, coffee/tea-making facilities and a bar fridge. The suites are serviced daily and guests have access to the outdoor pool and braai(BBQ) facilities. The luxurious and exclusive five-star penthouse with its private heated swimming pool and sundeck, caters for all your personal needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Place on the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Place On The Bay Hotel Camps Bay
- The Place On Bay
- Place On The Bay Camps
- The Place On The Bay Camps Bay, Cape Town