whooops - chose the tail end of "winter" but still great weather.
value - excellent
location - pretty good, by the beach, safe, with the exception of the occasional creeper (yes, we had a bum our first night, but after that a OK)
beds, TV, bed, service - all great.
-either we didn't figure it out, but we always have to hit the "call" button to get back into the hotel. would've been better if we could just swipe our card...
-registered for a taxi coming from Cape Town, and they forgot!! don't know if it was on hotel's part or taxi's. anyway, we got an apology e-mail so it was all good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Place on the Bay, situated along the beach-front road enjoys an undisturbed picturesque view of the white sandy beaches, the palm fringed bay and the majestic Twelve Apostle Mountains. The hotel is perfectly positioned in Cape Town`s trendiest suburb, Camps Bay, 15 minutes' drive from the Cape Town CBD.The Place on the Bay hotel offers 21 serviced hotel apartments. All are elegantly furnished en suite bedrooms with a kitchen, king/queen-size beds, Samsung LCD TV with satellite television, air-conditioning unit, coffee/tea-making facilities and a bar fridge. The suites are serviced daily and guests have access to the outdoor pool and braai(BBQ) facilities. The luxurious and exclusive five-star penthouse with its private heated swimming pool and sundeck, caters for all your personal needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Place on the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Place On The Bay Hotel Camps Bay
- The Place On Bay
- Place On The Bay Camps
- The Place On The Bay Camps Bay, Cape Town