Its not often you get to stay in a guest house or hotel and bascially have a whole garden to yourselves. We stayed in the garden suite which opens up into its own private gardens (private but other guests are allowed to come and view but none did) via two separate patio doors. I would recommend this suite to anyone who intends to do a bit of relaxing while also seeing the sites of Cape Town. The private garden itself is beautiful, it has a fish pond, patio with chairs and table and sunbeds in another part of the garden. There is a stream running through the garden and its so beautiful waking up and opening the door to the view of the mountains in the background. The only thing about the room is that the glass gets a lot of condensation. We felt like we had our own place and didnt feel part of the hotel which was great. The host Katrin and assistant Tania were wonderful and offer help whenever needed. The hotel is gated. Breakfast was good but the chef they have was not avilable for the 2 nights that we stayed. This hotel is not in camps bay but we had a car so it didnt matter to us but i wouldnt want the walk to camps bay, would be around 15mins. Oceanview is only a few mins drive from table mountain so its fantastic, and around 15mins drive to the V&A waterfront but a straight road. The cape town tour bus, if you want that, stops in camps bay so not too far away. To sum up, the hotel has a great setting with the wonderful gardens, friendly and helpful staff, they will book anything for you so all you have to do is ask. The personal service is what you get from these south african guest houses.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 4 Star Guest House with Ocean View and park-like Gardens in Camps Bay/Bakoven. Breakfast is included in the rate and light lunches are served. 1.5km to Camps Bay Promenade & beach. Free secure parking. Free WIFI. Solar heated swimming Pool. Great location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Ocean View House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean View Guest House Hotel Bakoven
- Ocean View House Camps Bay, Cape Town