I had booked Panorama suite 18 for a 2 night stay for my visit to Camps Bay 27&28/09/12 as part of my visit to Cape Town.I booked it based on the photos made available and the description on the website.
Upon entering the room I knew straight away that it wasn't what I was expecting,particularly with booking a suite and my own experiences of suites in South Africa,and my expectations.
I am aware of the concept of minimalistic,modern etc but the sitting room left so much to be desired.It was cold,soulless and lifeless.The decor was dull and gave the impression of a room barely decorated,with the odd piece of furnishing.The room has an open fire but wasn't set up as such,not like the image on the website.The whole feel of the room was depressing.
I went to reception straight away and asked the lady if there were any other rooms available as I was not happy with my room.Her response was "we are fully booked tonight,and if you are thinking of checking out early from your booking,you will have to pay a cancellation charge".I had not even mentioned checking out at any point in the conversation,and the lady had reacted defensively straight away!After this response I decided that I was going to check out as I wasn't happy with the attitude towards me and the room.
I checked out the following morning,it was the same lady whom checked me out,seated on the desk behind was the manager Katrin,whom just sat at her desk and not at any given point made any contact with me with regards to the issue.What does that say to anyone reading this?!
Ps it turned out that it was well worth paying the cancellation fee due to the fact that I am now staying in Boutique10 on Medburn Street in Camps Bay with fantastic,friendly hosts,stunning rooms&an absolutely breathtaking view!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 4 Star Guest House with Ocean View and park-like Gardens in Camps Bay/Bakoven. Breakfast is included in the rate and light lunches are served. 1.5km to Camps Bay Promenade & beach. Free secure parking. Free WIFI. Solar heated swimming Pool. Great location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean View House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean View Guest House Hotel Bakoven
- Ocean View House Camps Bay, Cape Town