““Three unforgettable days in Cape Town””
Review of Skaris Touring

Skaris Touring
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Camps Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Skaris Touring specializes in private tours in the Western Cape and operates out of Camps Bay.Harley Davidson day tours, Harley Davidson Chauffeur rides, Jeep Chauffeur rides for large groups, Shark Cage diving, helicopter flips & Private day tours in my Mercedes Vito .
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Recently myself and a co-worker decided to travel to Cape Town, South Africa. We were both overwhelmed with the myriad of activities to chose from, along with the many travel companies in the area. I am writing this review because I want others choosing to travel to Cape Town to have the same experience I did and I attribute it all to one tour guide company, Skaris Touring. However, there is a possibility that I am biased. You see, our tour guide was phenomenal. We chose to go with Skaris Touring and were lucky enough to have the owner George as our tour guide for 2 out of 3 of the Skaris Tours.

Upon arrival, we coordinated with George Skaris to do a chauffeured motorcycle tour along the coast of Cape Town, SA. He ensured that his staff took us along roads which show cased breath taking views of the ocean, plus we went into the non-touristy areas and saw things such as sea lions interacting with the locals. The staff was extremely professional and considerate ensuring that my friend and I had an exceptional time.

Because we were so impressed we booked two more days with Skaris Touring. For these tours we were blessed to have George personally guiding the group. He was very flexible in accommodating to our schedules, picked us up from our residence where we were staying. One of the tours we went to Aquila Safria reserve. During the Safari, George was extremely knowledgable in pointing out all the different types of animals on the reserve, he’s a wealth of knowledge! Not to mention, he’s so fun to be around and will keep you smiling the whole day. He genuinely cares about all his clients and goes out of his way to make sure you’re happy.

On the third tour day, George brought the group to a cheetah rehabilitation center. I was able to pet a 7 month old cheetah, which was an amazing experience. Afterwards the group went wine tasting for the rest of the morning and the afternoon. We had lunch, which was coordinated by George, at a beautiful restaurant overlooking the vineyards. He made the entire day special and I was so impressed that he goes out of his way to include activities you won’t find with most touring companies.

So to sum it all up, a private guide is the best way to travel when you have a short time to see all that is out there. Skaris touring takes all the stress out of having to coordinate activities since they do everything for you. Hands down, George Skaris has the BEST touring company in the Cape Town area. I plan on doing another tour with him in the future and I strongly recommend others to hire him while you’re there. Enjoy!

Skaris, Owner at Skaris Touring, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

WOW... what a review... thanks so much SR...
that was a cool few days, loved having you guys here. Recovery time.... :)
next time we spend the day on the Harleys, straight into a braai....
Spread the word and hope to see you and H next time for some Garden Route Touring and Safari.
Great pics, thank you

"south africa"
in 11 reviews
"scenic ride"
in 2 reviews
"felt safe at all times"
"hout bay"
in 9 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"amazing days"
in 9 reviews
"robin island"
"amazing scenery"

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I just returned from a family trip to So. Africa. We spent 5 days of our trip on the Garden Route Tour with George Skaris from Skaris Touring. I cannot recommend him more highly! There were 7 of us on the trip and all 7 of us left feeling like it had been the best trip of our lives. George handled everything from our accommodations, travel, food, and even provided additional fun entertainment with his impersonations and funny stories. We had 3 adults, 2 young adults, and 2 kids, and everyone loved George and the experience he provided us. He created an itinerary just for us, that adapted to the needs of the group, was flexible and good natured when one in our party left her passport back at the last hotel and we had to turn around and retrieve it. He cooked us an unbelievably delicious "braai" and knew exactly where to find the animals when we went off on safari. The accommodations and meals were stellar, and George was a total pro in dealing with all of the logistics. Should I ever return to So. Africa, George would be the man I would call. He clearly loves what he does, and that made the whole journey extremely fun for all of us.

1  Thank TinaBenson

Dear TB
Many thanks for a fantastic review. it was my absolute pleasure touring with you and the rest of the gang. Great to meet you all and spend time. Thought of you when i spent time on the farm in Dec.... its an amazing place. when you decide to return, we will do a few days there..
Love to the rest and chat soon
Regards

Reviewed 12 November 2013

George Skaris was the highlight of our Cape Town. He expertly guided us around the city and amazing sites, arranged helicopter tours, and drove us through the wine county, all while sharing his knowledge and love of the city and country. He surpassed the needs of a varied group ranging from 5 year old twins to a host of other ages and 'needs'. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! We will encourage all our family and friends to use George when traveling to South Africa! We intend to return and will have him plan our trip!

Skaris, Owner at Skaris Touring, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Maja

Good to hear from you and many thanks for writing me such a complimentary review. Can only be beneficial to my business, thank you.
Im thrilled you had a great time in our Country... :)
I appreciate the referrals and hope to see you all back in the Mother City at some stage soon
Best regards to the BIG guy and the kids

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 November 2013

In October 2013, for to weeks, our family took part in a cycling Holiday in South Africa. My husbund, our two sons and their girl-friends went to mountain biking. During their courses, George and me followed them in his van. Every day we had very good accomodation in each area we passed through, we met a lot of welcoming people. We almost discovered a new place every day! George is famous everywhere!
He also fond of his country and knows all about the wildlife, the landscapes and the people! What a lot of interesting discussions we had! Thanks to him I learnt a lot about animals and flowers.
His business is really exciting for him and he shares it enthusiastically...
We had funny evening all of us, good laughers.
Every day at each time we made the most of George'job!
These holidays will remain for ever in our memories
South Africa is worth seeing....especially if George attend to you!!
Claudine B.

Dear Claudine
Thank you SO much for my lovely review. It was my absolute pleasure travelling with you and "learning a bit more French" your English is fantastic. We had a lot of laughs and lots of fun for sure.
It was also great to spend time with your family and the famous JP "TDC" :)

Hope to see you in my beautiful town again at some stage, or we will have that Fondue in the Alps

George x

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Outstanding and memorable would describe our recent tour of the Cape under the auspices of Skaris Touring.

We had the pleasure of hosting and co-ordinating a large contingent of Australian guests, some of whom were first time visitors to South Africa. George handled all the transfers, tours and logistics in his very efficient and friendly manner. He also spent quite a lot of his own free time with the group, generously sharing his knowledge and information about Cape Town and its surrounding areas and coastline. At the same time keeping everyone highly amused by his anecdotes and good sense of humour.

George is Skaris Touring and highly recommended as an invaluable support to any company or individual wishing to organise touring in his part of the world.

Thank you so much again George, kudos to you!
Simone - Travel IQ

Skaris, Owner at Skaris Touring, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Simone
It was a pleasure working with you on this group, many thanks for pulling me in to assist.
Thank you also for the complimentary review. Its great to host the really big groups and lets hope we get the opportunity to do that again.
Also many thanks for Hellena. It was fun working with you both. Keep em coming.... :)

Kind regards