Camps Bay Retreat was the first stop on our SA honeymoon and we were not disappointed... the hotel setting was amazing overlooking the edge of Camps Bay and the sea and with Table Mountain in the background.
The grounds and gardens are beautiful and really add to its unique charm. A key part of this charm is the 5 resident dogs and especially the Welsh Springer called Wanda who made the hotel feel a little bit different, less formal and very homely. We stayed in the deck house with its modern spacious rooms which are worth paying that little extra for and never tired of crossing the swinging rope bridge connecting the deck house to the main hotel. A nice touch was the homemade lemonade and biscuits in the room.
The hotel itself is neatly located in Camps bay with about a 2 min walk to the resturaunts and bars. This is okay in the daytime but advise to take advantage of the sister hotels courtesy shuttle service back at night. A real gem...Thanks for a great stay we would love to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camps Bay Retreat Luxury Boutique Hotel is a sanctuary for the soul, set on four acres of lush green nature reserve. With a mountain meditation pool, thickets of trees, waterfalls and streams, it is a peaceful paradise, where meditative moments are waiting to be had. Views stretch across the ever-changing Atlantic Ocean and along the peaks of the Twelve Apostles Mountain Range, from the Deck House and The Villa. The estate has features such as four pools, a tennis court, a spa and a fine dining restaurant. Dine in the old world splendour of the original manor house, where The Retreat Kitchen's executive chef creates a daily menu of gourmet fare, combining a symphony of fresh ingredients from local markets. Food is paired exquisitely with celebrated wines from the region, best experienced as part of a candlelit three course affair! Spoil yourself with a choice of massages, treatments and facials at the spa. Spend the day luxuriating in the spa, relaxing in the sauna and being revitalized with a deep tissue massage. A refuge for the body and a haven for the mind, you'll unravel and surrender to the tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Camps Bay Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camps Bay Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Hotel Camps Bay
- Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Camps Bay Retreat Cape Town