My wife and I stayed here in January for 4 nights. We had a thoroughly enjoyable experience except for the fact that at meal times, particularly breakfast, the service was unbelievably slow and inefficient. Despite the fact that there appeared to be a member of staff for every two tables (usually that meant a maximum of 4 people to be served per member of staff!) it would be 5-10 minutes after sitting down to breakfast before we were asked whether we required tea or coffee and then a further 5-10 minutes before the drinks arrived. At that point we would then be asked what we required off the hot menu and that would take a good 10 minutes to arrive. The staff may or may not remember to ask whether or not we required another tea/coffee. On our last day nobody bothered to ask what we wanted for breakfast - fortunately we'd already decided just to have the cold buffet that morning! If the management would just train the staff properly this would be the absolute perfect place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camps Bay Retreat Luxury Boutique Hotel is a sanctuary for the soul, set on four acres of lush green nature reserve. With a mountain meditation pool, thickest of trees, waterfalls and streams, it is a peaceful paradise, where meditative moments are waiting to be had. Views stretch across the ever-changing Atlantic Ocean and along the peaks of the Twelve Apostles Mountain Range, from the Deck House and The Villa. The estate has features such as four pools, a tennis court, a spa and a fine dining restaurant. Dine in the old world splendour of the original manor house, where Von Kamptz Restaurant's executive chef creates a daily menu of gourmet fare, combining a symphony of fresh ingredients from local markets. Food is paired exquisitely with celebrated wines from the region, best experienced as part of a candlelit three course affair! Spoil yourself with a choice of massages, treatments and facials at the spa. Spend the day luxuriating in the spa, relaxing in the sauna and being revitalized with a deep tissue massage. A refuge for the body and a haven for the mind, you'll unravel and surrender to the tranquility ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Camps Bay Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camps Bay Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Hotel Camps Bay
- Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Camps Bay Retreat Cape Town