Enjoyed 8 nights at The Retreat over Xmas. Staff always helpful and obliging. Rooms were lovely and cleaned beautifully. Full English breakfasts were fab and served with a smile by our favourite Londo. Tennis court was great as were the gardens and bike hire was provided promptly when asked for. Only thing we missed out on were the hotel dogs which were advertised on the website but had gone on holiday during our stay. Camps Bay itself is a great place to stay if coming to Cape Town. A huge sandy beach (although sea is cold and has a strongish current) Camps Bay is a mini Miami full of fitness fanatics by day and fun loving hedonists at night. The restaurants are all good value and we didn't have a bad meal during our stay. The Bayside was our favourite together with slightly more expensive ones such as The Grand and Codfather. Clifton Beach is worth walking along to as well as Llandudno Beach a short drive in the opposite direction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camps Bay Retreat Luxury Boutique Hotel is a sanctuary for the soul, set on four acres of lush green nature reserve. With a mountain meditation pool, thickets of trees, waterfalls and streams, it is a peaceful paradise, where meditative moments are waiting to be had. Views stretch across the ever-changing Atlantic Ocean and along the peaks of the Twelve Apostles Mountain Range, from the Deck House and The Villa. The estate has features such as four pools, a tennis court, a spa and a fine dining restaurant. Dine in the old world splendour of the original manor house, where The Retreat Kitchen's executive chef creates a daily menu of gourmet fare, combining a symphony of fresh ingredients from local markets. Food is paired exquisitely with celebrated wines from the region, best experienced as part of a candlelit three course affair! Spoil yourself with a choice of massages, treatments and facials at the spa. Spend the day luxuriating in the spa, relaxing in the sauna and being revitalized with a deep tissue massage. A refuge for the body and a haven for the mind, you'll unravel and surrender to the tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Camps Bay Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camps Bay Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Hotel Camps Bay
- Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Camps Bay Retreat Cape Town