“The 12 Apostles Hotel and Spa (Cape Town) - First Class all the Way! Wedding Function”

The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My wedding was held at the 12 Apostles Fynbos Garden venue in December 2013.
I can truly say that this was an experience of a lifetime for couples seeking class, elegance and oustanding service. The views, rooms and luxury of the Hotel speak for themselves.
Like us, our guests were also treated in style as royalty and everything went -off superbly of-course (in true 12 A style). 12 A, truly made our special day unforgettable with you effortless service level. Our every need and whim was catered to as required. Great wedding and canape menu with the best ingredients catering to most tastes.
A Big Thank you to Stephanie Hall of 12 A and the rest of the team for being a Wedding Planner and organizer Delux!
The 12 A wedding and function team is first class all the way.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Our expectations were not exceeded, to say the least, I was totally disappointed with our stay at your Hotel. Seeing that you are an internationally rated 5 Star Hotel I would think that the service would be of outstanding quality. We got married on 16 December and decided to stay in your hotel for that evening.

I made our reservation in October 2013 already to check at 14:00. We ran a bit late, and when we checked in after 17:00, we were informed that our room are not ready. We were offered another room at the additional cost of R750, alternatively we had to wait for our room to be prepared. We opt to wait for our room to be prepared. When we went for our dinner which was booked for 20:00 as there were no space for the 19:00 slot, the room was prepared for us. In the interim we had to stay in the “unprepared” room.

I thought that this type of Hotel would make me want to come back, but unfortunately at this stage I will not be able to recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zane E
Horst F, General Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Congratulations on your recent marriage! I trust that your day was filled with happy memories of the past and bright hopes for the future.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

Naturally I was very disappointed to learn of your comments, particularly as we receive so much positive feedback about the hotel and we are sorry that you did not experience our usual high standards.

Please rest assured that we have taken your comments on board and will be reviewing service in the areas that you have highlighted to ensure that your experience was a most unfortunate once off and that other guests do not encounter similar situations in future.

Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention, we truly value your feedback

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2014

If you come to Cape Town, this will be the place to be. Do not need to waste time to look for big chain hotels in the city, otherwise you will surely miss out one of the top boutique hotel in the world.

Top class view, service, spa, rooms, food all in one. If that is not enough, how about a helicopter ride to Waterfront for shopping. ;)

I am a very picky type of customer, and would like to have good quality holidays without thinking too much how deep or shallow my pocket is. The philosophy is, life is for living. Having stayed in some of the top hotels around the world, this is one of my favorite! Will certainly check out their sister hotel- Oyster Box near Durban when visit South Africa next.

If you are reading this review, then do not hesitate you will be in love with the hotel, so book it!!!

Room Tip: Maybe try to reduce the sound of the wind at night?
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Horst F, Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Twelve Apostles hotel & Spa with our potential future guests.

I am very pleased to read that we were able to exceed your expectations and that is what boutique hotels are all about. Our helicopter is always a great “wow” factor and there is no better way so see Cape Town than from up there.

I can most definitely recommend the Oysterbox in Durban and if you are looking to escape it all our wilderness lodge Bushmans Kloof just outside Clanwilliam would be a perfect match.
Thank you for your Red Carnation Hotel support, a small family run group of hotels with a focus on exceeding guest expectations.

The team at The Twelve Apostles looks forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Loved my stay at the 12 Apostles! Very elegant hotel with scenic views and attentive staff. Because of the hotel’s size and staff’s attention to detail, I felt as if it were “my” hotel! Wonderful oceanside breakfast every morning and a great Christmas Day dinner made our stay perfect!

1  Thank Mark D

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

We are truly spoiled with the uninterrupted views we have of the Atlantic Ocean and with the Table Mountain national park in our backyard. We pride ourselves in our personal, attentive and genuinely friendly service to make every guest feel like they are “home”.

Breakfast is always a highlight and hope you enjoyed some oysters and sparkling wine too. Can’t think of a better way to start the day.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed here in December 2013 with my wife for our wedding Anniversary.
If there's one thing that makes any hotel I believe it's the staff, and the staff here could not do enough to make our experience perfect.
On arrival we were each given a complimentary glass of sparkling wine and told that as part of our booking we would receive a complimentary meal at the main restaurant on a night of our choice.
Our room was a mountain facing room and and the view was breathtaking.
This is the first review that I have written and the reason I've never done this is because I have never received service of this standard.
The food (and drink) was incredible.
There is a free shuttle service which runs between the hotel and Cape Town city center (which can be booked the night before travel).
I half expected this to be a mini bus service but when we got outside we were met by another friendly member of staff and a Mercedes slk.
On our anniversary, room service delivered two cupcakes with "Happy Anniversary" written on the plate in chocolate sauce, bearing in mind that we only mentioned we were celebrating our Anniversary to the lady showing us to our room I thought this was really good attention to detail on the staff member's part.
We went for our complimentary meal and once again this was stunning!
I would highly recommend The Twelve Apostles Hotel, My wife and myself went cage diving with great white sharks, took the cable car up to Table Mountain, took the ferry to Robben Island and also managed to take a half day bus trip to Simon's town to see the penguins and still came home feeling totally relaxed and I genuinely feel that this was down to the amazing staff at the hotel.
The hotel doesn't advertise it but Rihanna and Lady Gaga have both stayed here and after our experience of the customer service provided here I can see why.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Horst F, General Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

I am very pleased to read that our staff once again proved to be the diffidence between a good stay and a great stay. Like in most businesses it can only be successful if the staff can complement the journey and we are very proud of the attentive and genuinely attentive staff we have.

We are always looking at ways to surprise our guests and even the smallest mention of a special occasion is a great opportunity for us to do something thoughtful for our guests.

We fully understand the importance of keeping our guests connected with the city and have a complimentary vehicle from 08h00 – 21h30 every day to transfer guests to Camps Bay and the V&A Waterfront. When they are done with the hustle and bustle of the city they can retreat to the tranquil Twelve Apostles Hotel with arguably the best views in town, both sea and mountain.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Recently returned from a family holiday over Christmas at the Twelve Apostles. I've stayed in many a five star hotel, but this was even beyond my expectations. Spotless rooms, unbelievable views and a team (everyone from the Manager to the cleaning team) that couldn't have done more to make our stay more comfortable. To give you an example, one of the team at breakfast always remembered my rather bizarre tea request of one English Breakfast and one Earl Grey tea bag - every morning! Special thanks also to Raymond, who was greeted us with such warmth and friendliness after a long flight.

Granted it's not cheap, but you really do get more than what you pay for. People that go the extra mile to ensure you have the best stay possible. If you're unsure as to whether to take the plunge, do it - you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Just returned from a Christmas stay here. The hotel is amazing, nothing is too much trouble, we were upgraded to a suite which was superb. The food was very good and the service impeccable. The views are breathtaking and despite being on the road from Camp Bay no traffic noise was heard. If you want to be treated like royalty come and stay here it's got to be the best hotel in Cape Town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camps Bay
#12 of 110 in Cape Town Central
Cape Grace
Cape Grace
#7 of 110 in Cape Town Central

Been to The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!