“The Only Hotel for me in Cape Town” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa

The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
Atlanta, Georgia
“The Only Hotel for me in Cape Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Exceptional staff, cleanliness, great food, view and hospitality. From the concierge to the chefs to the bartenders to the room attendees, I couldn't ask for anything more. I felt as if they knew me, personally. Will definitely stay there again...and again...and again!

Loved the lobby and all the treats (wine, water, nuts, fruit)...fresh! fresh! everyday!! although it has been 5 yrs since I stayed, I am ready to return. Should have done this review earlier.Had to fill in a date...we actually stayed May 2009....met some really wonderful guests, who are now friends!

Room Tip: My room, a corner room, had a view of the Atlantic Ocean, a waterfall and a winding road. Loved it...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Odessa C
GM_12A, General Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Twelve Apostles hotel & Spa with our potential future guests.

It is truly remarkable that even after 5 years you still fondly remember the Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa and took the time to write your review. For this I thank you very much. I can also mention that over the last 5 years we have upgraded many of the rooms and public areas all in anticipation of your return which I sincerely hope will be sooner rather than later.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and leaving you with another 5 years of fond memories.

With warm regards
Michael Nel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Polish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

After an absence of a few years I decided to once again stay over at the Twelve Apostles Hotel. And once again I realised that their package for room, movie (with snacks), dinner and breakfast is some of the best value for money. The bonus is that one can use the spa facilities. And this time round I even discovered the little gym "up in the roof". If you want to relax in a great setting and have various options (mini movie theatre, great views, spa etc) go for it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view if possible of course!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Horst F, General Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Welcome back! Thank you for taking the time to leave your very kind words following your recent stay at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa.

I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful time with us and got to sample all that the hotel has to offer.

Our dedicated staff members work incredibly hard and takes great pride in consistently offering an exceptional experience to our guests by striving to uphold our service philosophy of “No request too large, No detail to small”.

The team at The Twelve Apostles is thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and would like to invite you to also experience our other properties Bushman’s Kloof and The Oyster Box, which form part of the wider Red Carnation Family.

Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to your next visit.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a wonderful stay here to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.
I really cannot fault this hotel in any way. We shall definitely return often. We have also stayed at their sister hotel in Umhlanga - The Oyster Box. Good food, service excellence and wonderful locations. Now to try their London establishments!

Room Tip: Side rooms with mountain and sea views. Very serene.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CherylT166
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Congratulations once again on your 40th wedding anniversary! I am delighted that you chose to spend this very special occasion at the beautiful Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa.

I am very pleased that you recognised our high level of service. We have a very passionate and dedicated team who work consistently hard to make sure each and every guest has a memorable stay with us. It is most rewarding to read that you did.

Thank you for your continued support of Red Carnation Hotels and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa in the not too distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance with any future bookings.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the last night of our honeymoon. The hotel was truly incredible, and the most impressive aspect was definitely the staff. When we mentioned it was our honeymoon, they made sure to give us a special table in the restaurant for dinner and had a beautiful rose petal turndown service waiting for us afterwards.
We also took advantage of the hotel services - the wine tasting with Brian the sommelier was a lot of fun, and very informative. Based on that conversation, when we spoke with him at dinner at Azure he offered to surprise us by picking out a wine to pair with our dinner. It was a wonderful pairing and very much our style. The food also exceeded our expectations - I think the menu doesn't do it justice. The food is beautiful and delicious and i would absolutely recommend the restaurant even if you're not staying at the hotel.
We also went for a hike up the mountain to take advantage of some of the views. The hotel has picnic spots set up along a trail where you can either bring or have a picnic hamper set up for you to enjoy in the middle of your hike.
The spa was wonderful - we didn't have time to get a service but we took advantage of the pools which were wonderful. Finally, the staff was so warm and helpful - for instance, if we asked where something was, the staff would escort us there. It is expensive but now having stayed there I can see why. I would absolutely recommend this hotel, it was the best splurge we ever did!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Capn_Cor
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Congratulations on your recent marriage! I trust that your day was filled with happy memories of the past and bright hopes for the future.

Thank you for choosing The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa as your destination of choice for the last night of your honeymoon - we are delighted to have been part of your special memories.

I am delighted that you appreciated our service, we do take great pride in ensuring that are guests are well looked after. I have passed your praise to the whole team, who were equally delighted to hear it. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, and it motivates us to work even harder when our high level of service is acknowledged.

I am overjoyed that our team took good care of you whilst here and that Brian, our Assistant Sommerlier had such a positive impact on your stay with us. Brian epitomizes the service values and ethics we strive to uphold at the Hotel and I will make sure that your comments are shared with him.

Thank you again for visiting us and for sharing your experience with other travellers. We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My friend and I went to the Twelve Apostles for lunch today. We chose the beautiful Leopard Lounge. We had an exceptional waiter, Zane, who made the whole experience so enjoyable.
He was very helpful and we very much enjoyed being able to chat with this most articulate young man. He is an asset to the Hotel, and we will definitely be returning. The food was excellent, I can recommend the ostrich burger.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Antoinette G
Horst F, General Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

We are delighted to receive a review from you indicating the enjoyable time you had at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa.

I was delighted to read that we delivered a service that met your expectations and overjoyed that our team took good care of you whilst here. Zane in the Leopard Bar is indeed a superstar and he epitomizes the service ethics and values that we strive to uphold at the Hotel. I am pleased to read that he had such a positive impact on your time with us.

Thank you again for visiting us and for sharing your experience with other travellers. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

A 'child free' weekend called for a treat at The 12 Apostles and again we could not have had a better time. Great room, immaculate, correct but immensely warm service from a great team of people. There is clear evidence of management presence throughout the place. It is well run, well priced and serves one of the best breakfasts around. We shall go back as soon as we can.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rupert E
Horst F, General Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

It is the fantastic team that I am lucky to have here that makes The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa a very special place to work and for our guests to stay in. All of the team here always tries their hardest to anticipate our guest’s needs. I have passed on your very kind words to them and I hope they we will have the chance to meet your expectations again in the very near future.

Please note that the same level of care is taken to ensure a similar memorable experience at our other properties Bushman’s Kloof and The Oyster Box which form part of the wider Red Carnation Family.

Many thanks for staying with us; we look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Southport, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Twelve Apostles thought of "absolutely everything" for anyone's stay at a First Class Hotel. The restaurant food and service are worth being among the best in the world. Each room has all features for your comfort imaginable, even a pillow menu as well as soap options. Built-in dimmable night lights in the bathroom are among the many desirable extras. Our reservations were booked by Lion World Travel out of Toronto, as part of a 2-week vacation in South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Botswana.
Special "Thank you" to Tamzin at the front desk, Prince, and the entire restaurant staff for making our stay the most enjoyable yet.

Room Tip: Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean is more than worth the slight extra charge!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J Taylor R
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Ryan,

“The ultimate hotel” – what an accolade!

I would like to really thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the facilities and most importantly the service to your liking.

I was very happy that we met your expectations and have passed on your praise to the whole team, who were equally delighted to hear it. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, and it motivates us to work even harder when our high level of service is acknowledged. I was delighted to read that Tamzin and Prince had such a positive impact on your stay with us. Both of them epitomize the service values and ethics that we strive to uphold at the hotel.

Similar care is taken at our sister properties, Bushman’s Kloof and The Oyster Box, which form part of the wider Red Carnation Family – therefore, please consider including these in your traveling itinerary in the future.

Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camps Bay
One&Only Cape Town
One&Only Cape Town
#13 of 106 in Cape Town Central
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,472 reviews

Been to The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!