“The most beautiful place in SA”

The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
Newcastle, South Africa
“The most beautiful place in SA”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

What a great experience!! The view was breathtaking. The service was outstanding. We felt at home right away, spoiled so much that we contact the travel agent and extended two days and still did not want to leave! The fine dining was excellent. Then something totally unexpected. They have an in house cinema , with popcorn , milkshakes and sweets! What I treat. We did not want to go out of the hotel!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_12A, General Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Twelve Apostles hotel & Spa.

It is really wonderful that we were able to exceed your expectations on your recent visit to the hotel. I will ensure that your comments are shared with all our staff during our monthly staff tea party as they do enjoy these comments and makes a big difference in staff morale.

We have a truly amazing location and the most breath-taking views, not to mention sunsets in front of the hotel. With the occasional whale and dolphin in the bay it does make for a memorable experience.

Glad that you were able to enjoy our private 16 seat cinema with all the treats which is perfect for some of the wintery and rainy days in Cape Town.

Michael Nel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Polish first
Winchester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We booked the 12 Apostles as a splurge for our 10th wedding anniversary. Nestled in the Twelve Apostle Mountain Range, across from the sea - it is breathtaking. The grounds are equally gorgeous with gardens and pools. Since it was winter, we really couldn't partake in the pools. Staff were very friendly and tried to be helpful. At times I felt as though they were said what they thought we wanted to hear ... "The Robben Island ferry never gets cancelled." Of course it was cancelled 2 days in a row. The breakfast was lovely, although food was cold (eggs, sausage, etc.). Our dinner at Azure was a bit of a disappointment as well tastewise, but the presentation and service were excellent. Still, the hotel had lots of lovely touches - fresh and dried fruit throughout, a movie theatre and in room DVDs, excellent shuttle service, wine tasting, etc. The spa treatment was very good - again, the pools could have been a bit warmer!! I would recommend this if you are going to splurge for a vacation -- just make sure the staff know you're there for a special occasion.

Room Tip: We had an upgraded Mountain View room. Due to the winter fog, you cannot see the mountains ...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tara01890
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

It is with great pleasure that I read your feedback following your recent stay with us. Congratulations once again on your special 10th wedding anniversary and thank you for sharing this special occasion with us.

We are truly blessed with the wonderful views we have at the hotel and there is something for everyone being located in the Table Mountain nature reserve.

Your comments with regards to the food for both breakfast and dinner has been noted and discussed with the Executive Chef Christo Pretorius and thank you for making these observations. It is only with feedback like yours that we are able to enhance our service and guest experience.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed 3 nights 2 weeks ago for a meeting. The hotel is so nice, has a wonderful view, wonderful meal but unfortunately the service is poor. First day, i arrived to my room and left the room immediately to meet with my colleagues. I didnt lock anything and didnt put my purse in to safe. Later came back and changed my dress and left the room again. When i was back later, my room was prepared for sleep. I realised that i didnt put my purse in to safe. My bag was there on the sofa. I checked my purse and found that some money was missing:( i talked to the management in the morning. They told me that they will check the cameras and will let me know what happened. I filled the complain form and talked to the security people but they didnt tell me anything. Then last day, they told me that they will investigate and let me know. After 2 weeks i didnt hear anything from them:( I visited more than 30 countries, this is the first time that i am facing with such problem. total disappointment for me...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ece B
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our wonderful views which with our location offers great Atlantic Ocean and Table Mountain Views as we are located in the Table Mountain Nature reserve. I know that the entire group had some fantastic feedback following their stay with us.

However your disappointment with regards to the poor service is unfortunate given the circumstances around the incident. I am more than happy to disclose further information relating to this which I will do via direct contact.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Me and my family stayed for 6 days and couldn't fault this hotel!
We were pleasantly surprised by the excellent customer service, the friendly and courteous staff members. we upgraded our rooms to sea view which was worth it. the views are stunning. the breakfast was of high quality. the staff would go out of their way to make you comfortable and satisfied. I was happy we stayed here and not in central cape town! I would definatly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: upgrade to the sea view rooms! worth it
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GM_12A, General Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Twelve Apostles hotel & Spa with our potential future guests.

It is great to read that you enjoyed not only the excellent customer service which we are very well known for but also preferred to be outside hustle and bustle of the city centre and in the Table Mountain Nature reserve which we have in our back yard not to mention the best sea views and amazing sunsets which you would have seen.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to come and enjoy more of what we have to offer.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel in my opinion is totally overrated. Firstly we booked a seefacing room and to my dissappointment we received a room with a big bush in the front. The person at reception said that our room was upgraded. We could hardly see the sea. The staff at the reception desk was very plastic and was just going through the motions. I didn't even waste my time to talk about the room.The rooms are outdated and old and I expected much more from this hotel. There are hardly any extras in the room and the rest are very very expensive. The bathroom was nice. The TV in the room had a poor signal. The service at breakfast was poor and my oats porridge was so undercooked. The staff looked inexperienced.The roomservice staff was completely untrained. I repeated a order twice to the person on the other side. Shortly after that I received a call where another person asked me about the same order again and it was only for 2 coffees. I will not recommend this hotel to anybody.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank TechnoTravelJunkie
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

It is with great sadness that I read your comments and that we were unable to meet or exceed your expectations. You have raised a few valuable concerns which I will discuss and rectify with my management team to avoid any further unhappiness for any of our future guests.

In sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and would welcome any further feedback directly to me via email on generalmanager@12apostles.co.za

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was my second time at the 12A & I must say it was even better. The staff are absolutely incredible right from when you pull up to find a parking. From sparkling wine while to check in to AMAZING cocktails while watching whales at sunset. The food is to die for! We had the most incredible dinner with 5 courses, including an amuse bouche & a pallet cleansing sorbet served with liquid nitrogen for extra effect!

Room Tip: Go for mountain or sea view!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rowena G
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

We heavily rely on guest returning to the Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa and happy to say that we have so many that do. Our aim is to offer them such an experience that when they depart they are already looking to return and this can only be done by the wonderful staff we have at the hotel. Their genuine friendly and caring attitudes do make guests come back time and time again.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and many more after that too.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Exceptional staff, cleanliness, great food, view and hospitality. From the concierge to the chefs to the bartenders to the room attendees, I couldn't ask for anything more. I felt as if they knew me, personally. Will definitely stay there again...and again...and again!

Loved the lobby and all the treats (wine, water, nuts, fruit)...fresh! fresh! everyday!! although it has been 5 yrs since I stayed, I am ready to return. Should have done this review earlier.Had to fill in a date...we actually stayed May 2009....met some really wonderful guests, who are now friends!

Room Tip: My room, a corner room, had a view of the Atlantic Ocean, a waterfall and a winding road. Loved it...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Odessa C
GM_12A, General Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

It is truly remarkable that even after 5 years you still fondly remember the Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa and took the time to write your review. For this I thank you very much. I can also mention that over the last 5 years we have upgraded many of the rooms and public areas all in anticipation of your return which I sincerely hope will be sooner rather than later.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and leaving you with another 5 years of fond memories.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camps Bay
#6 of 109 in Cape Town Central
One&Only Cape Town
One&Only Cape Town
#13 of 109 in Cape Town Central

Been to The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!