“From a Nightmare to Total Joy”

The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
Port St Lucie
“From a Nightmare to Total Joy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a few nights back in Jan 2010. It was our first time at this location but not at a Small Hotel Property. We were upgraded upon checkin thanks to our AMEX card and always received personalized and professional service. One day after returning from the pool I noticed that my wallet was missing. I turned the room inside out and finally called the front desk in a rage. I went down to see them and they calmly turned over my wallet, icluding all of the cash I had left in it, and a note from the cleaning staff with a receipt for everything inside the wallet. I was stunned. I have never seen a hotel go through this before and immediately found the cleaning staff members to thank them. It was a great stay at a great hotel in a great location. We will return with our family.
Thank you again!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
bdadvisor, Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 16 July 2010
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you for staying at The Twelve Apostles and for taking the time to write a review on your experience with us. We were delighted to read the contents of your review and actions the staff members involved took.

We hope you will find opportunity to return to the hotel in the not to distant future.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

We absolutely loved our stay here. It is a stunning hotel. It's important to realize that it is in the Small Leading Hotel Group, and so the reception and other areas are small as compared to what you'd encounter in a large chain. Once you realize that, you understand the experience they are offering. We had so many special moments. Up in the Cheetah Bar with their staff beaming as Jeremy (keep him playing his 2 nights forever!) singing "Daughters" to mine on the occasion of her 16th, our reception by Candace with a huge smile and tour despite the hour, sunset by the pool, evening in the hot tub, fabulous meal at Azure....
Finally, I cannot say enough about the level of service at this hotel. The best way to sum it up, aside from mentioning that at every turn everyone knew our names and anticipated our needs, is to recount that at breakfast, when my daughter mentioned her sandal sole was loose, Michelle and her team brought her a pair of house slippers, took the shoe away and had it glued and back on her foot before breakfast was over. If that wouldn't make you feel like a princess (and her family) at the castle, what would:)?

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
bdadvisor, Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 17 July 2010
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you for staying with us at The Twelve Apostles hotel but also for taking the time to share your experiences with other travellers.

It is especially rewarding to read how our staff have contributed, each in their own unique way to enhance your time with us. We have shared your experience with others in the hotel to encourage them to go above and beyond the call of duty.

Thank you again for your kind comments and we hope you will find opportunity to return to the hotel in the not to distant future.

Jo'burg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

We spent two perfect nights at the 12 Apostles. From the moment you arrive, until the moment you leave, their service seems effortless. The staff are all wonderful, professional, sophisticated and friendly. The rooms are beautiful and the food exquisite - in both the Leopard Lounge and Azure. The staff at the Spa are all professional, friendly and very good at what they do. The full body massage I booked for in the gazebo, with a stunning view of the ocean, was an unforgettable experience. We thoroughly enjoyed every second I spent at this hotel and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
bdadvisor, Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 12 June 2010
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for your comments and we are pleased you enjoyed your time with us at The Twelve Apostles. We have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with our team members as without their effort, we would be unable to offer the service you experienced.

We look forward to seeing you return to The Twelve Apostles in the not to distant future.

connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

THIS is a five star hotel! This is five star without all the stuffiness... just a real love of people. Location, location, location! I thought about staying in Cape town on the waterfront... but when I saw this place I knew I was in the right location! The sunsets were golden.. the hotel beautifully kept.... service OH MY.... they remembered your name everytime they saw you! I requested a special cake for my husband's birthday, not only did they send me a letter to confirm the request, they baked a whole cake that was so beautiful I almost cried! ( they never charged me for it, either!) The Spa was devine, could use a little upgrading and touch up, which they did mention that the spa would be closed may24-30 to do that. But still beautiful and the couples massage converted my 6'2 very manly husband to the love of the spa!LOL I asked to see the presidental suite and the manager actually said yes! It had just been redecorated and it was so beautiful I just stood around with my mouth open! It was so tastefully and comfortably decorated that it was unlike anything I had every seen! I loved how every detail was covered! This is where the ocean mets the sky and heaven mets the earth! I just wish I had one more week at this resort!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
bdadvisor, Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 21 May 2010
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for staying at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa and for reviewing our establishment. We are very proud of both the Hotel and staff members and are pleased you had a wonderful time with us. The hotel is unique in what it has to offer and we do hope you had opportunity to experience one of our amazing sunsets, dolphins or whales in the bay or one of our signature dishes in Azure restaurant.

As mentioned our Spa will be closed from the 24th May 2010, reopening on 31st May to enable us to take care of some ongoing maintenance. Treatments will continue either in our outdoor Gazebo's or in separate treatment rooms.

We do hope you will return to The Twelve Apostles in the not to distant future a look forward to seeing you again.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

We stayed for one night for our wedding anniversary - and had always wanted to stay at the 12A, the room was very comfortable. I agree with other guests comments about the road - it is a little noisy.
We ordered a platter from room service which took forever - and it seems they had forgotten in the end. The rose petal turndown also consisted of only 1 candle and all the lights were left on.
We also had a treatment at the spa - the flotation tank was not heating properly and there was a young girl of about 10 who was jumping around in the hot plunge pool which took away from our relaxing.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for your comments and for visiting us at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa. We are pleased you chose The Twelve Apostles as your holiday destination and that you had a great time with us. Thank you also for mentioning the issues you experienced with Room Service and the Spa, we will ensure these are addressed and rectified.

I am pleased to say that based on comments received by guests such as yourself we have also looked at our Rose Turndown service and improved on this offering.

We look forward to seeing you return to us in the not to distant future.

York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2010

We attended a wedding at the hotel and I have never been to such a beautiful event. From the garden location for the ceremony to the reception with oceans views, it was spectacular !

The food was amazing and the staff wonderful, nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
bdadvisor, Hotel Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 1 May 2010
Thank you very much for staying at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa and for reviewing our establishment. We are very proud of both the Hotel and staff members and are pleased you enjoyed your time with us. The hotel is unique in what it has to offer and we do hope you had opportunity to experience one of our amazing sunsets, dolphins or whales in the bay or one of our signature dishes in Azure restaurant.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

Out stay at the 12A was wonderful! Staff was so kind and concerned with out happiness! Beautiful views, great food, clean and relaxing only wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy all the ammenities!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
bdadvisor, Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 4 May 2010
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for your comments and for visiting us at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa. We are pleased you chose The Twelve Apostles as your holiday destination and that you had a great time with us. We look forward to seeing you return to us in the not to distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camps Bay
One&Only Cape Town
One&Only Cape Town
#14 of 106 in Cape Town Central
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,505 reviews

Been to The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!