We stayed at the Primi Royal in Camps Bay on the first part of our Honeymoon and were not disapointed at all, in fact the Hotel manager made the start of our honeymoon for us with his amazing local knowledge helping us plan out our trip and Cape Town is just an amazing place, with such friendly South Africans everywhere.
The Primi Royal has an excellent location and our room overlooked the sea, and with just a short walk down the hill we found oursleves at the beautiful sea front withe the amazing back drop of the mountains. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from serving beautiful fish and steaks - remember to take a look at the restaurants upstairs along the front. We hired a car for our time in Cape town which meant it was a quick journey 5/10 minutes to Table Mountain or to the V&A Waterfront making it really easy to spend days or nights at the V&A where there are loads of great shops and some lovely restaurants.
In addition to this the Hotel Manager recommended our drive around the sites such as Simon's Town, Boulders Beach for the penguins and the National Park and Cape Point where there are some great walks where we saw Baboons, Ostrich, Elland and much more, he also booked our tickets for us to the Robben Island and recommended a great company to go White Shark Cage Diving with - my husband will tell you that this is a must if you are going to Cape Town/South Africa.
Breakfast is basic but nice and just what you need, there is no restaurant on site but they ordered out for a pizza for us.
The rooms are really nicely furnished and as a honeymoon couple we had champagne, robes and slippers waiting for us which was a really nice touch. There is a safe in the room so we had no worries at all about our valuables. In fact we found the whole of South Africa Safe.
Overall I would highly recommend this Hotel for a stay in Cape Town whatever you plan to do - we would love to go back in the summer to really experience the beautiful location to the beach. The Primi Royal is a lovely small hotel, where you will receive first class personal service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're a small 10 bedroom boutique hotel just 100 m up from the beach, restaurants, bars & Miami-Beach style nightlife! We strive to give good service & make your stay as pleasurable as possible. We arrange half-day & full-day tours of all types: Best-of-the-Cape, The Peninsula - Cape of Good Hope & Cape Point, Wine, Cheese & Olive Tasting at our very best vineyards in the famous Cape Winelands, museums, Table Mountain, day trips to Cape Safari Game Farms, whale watching, shark cage diving, helicopter trips, tandem paragliding & other extreme sports...and the list just goes on! If you're looking for a home-away-from-home experience then look no further! We have no airs & graces & no-one stands on ceremony. Just pure friendliness! All of our rooms overlook the magnificent Atlantic Ocean with a backdrop of Table Mountain. So do join us! Come EAT ~ SLEEP ~ PLAY ~ where "WORK IS LOVE MADE VISIBLE!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Primi Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primi-Royal Hotel Camps Bay
- Primi Royal Cape Town
- Primi Royal Camps Bay, Cape Town