We booked directly through the hotel’s website and was able to arrange a transfer from Cape town airport. This was with an external agency and was R350. It was about R400 on a metered cab on the way back.
We found the staff in Primi Royal fantastic, from Zane who checked us in and spent time telling us about different things and giving us good advice, to the night porter / barman who chatted to us about what it’s like to live in South Africa and Liberty the manager who came to greet us at breakfast, told us about the different things to do and booked everything for us (table mountain, gold dinner reservations, the best of the cape tour) We definitely felt well looked after.
Reception is on the first floor and there is an elevator up to it or you can use the stairs. There was some refurbishment going on while we were there, there were signs explaining it, but we actually never seen any of the workmen or heard any noise whatsoever so it didn’t impact at all on our stay
We had room 7 which didn’t have a balcony but had 2 walls of windows looking out over Lion’s head and the beach / sea. Absolutely gorgeous view to wake up to. The room was a great size with a huge bed (much bigger than a king) facing the great view which was really comfy, TV, tea & coffee making facilities, hairdryer, mini bar (additional drinks including bottles of wine can be bought at the 24 hours bar at reception). One great thing was that there was a UK to SA adapter in the room. This was a godsend as we had left our adapter in Addo. The bathroom was a great size with a huge shower bath which had great power
Breakfast was included in the rate and consisted of a cold buffet of cereal, yoghurt, pastries, fruit and then the hot food was made to order, bacon, eggs, sausages, omelettes and toast. Definitely set you up for the day. Breakfast was held in the bar area at reception with a view looking over the sea, but on a nice day you could have it on the table outside in the sun.
The area by the small pool had tables & chairs and sun loungers which caught the sun and was very peaceful and relaxing. One great thing as well as the hotel has a shower room with towels and toilet so after check out we could lounge in the sun by the pool ant then shower and freshen up before getting out taxi to the airport. This was definitely a plus and most hotels don’t offer this
I hadn’t realised that Camps Bay was as far out from downtown Cape town and the V&A Waterfront (about 20 mins driving) but we utilised the Red bus tour bus which has a stop on the main beach road just down from the hotel (2 mins walk). As table mountain is the last stop before camps bay we took a taxi to that (~R80) and then jumped on the bus from there and hopped on and off.
The beach in Camps Bay gives a beautiful view of sunset with the light hitting the back of table mountain. Absolutely gorgeous, definitely take a picture
The main beach road has a number of restaurants to sit over lunch or dinner with a drink and watch the world go by. There is also a Pick & Pay supermarket at the corner where you can buy snacks, drinks, fruit etc.... which is really useful
Overall we had a fantastic time in Camps Bay and staying at Primi Royal. The service, helpfulness and friendliness of the staff was exceptional and the location and view was beautiful. We were also impressed with the price for the hotel and facilities as we have paid much more in other hotels for less
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're a small 10 bedroom boutique hotel just 100 m up from the beach, restaurants, bars & Miami-Beach style nightlife! We strive to give good service & make your stay as pleasurable as possible. We arrange half-day & full-day tours of all types: Best-of-the-Cape, The Peninsula - Cape of Good Hope & Cape Point, Wine, Cheese & Olive Tasting at our very best vineyards in the famous Cape Winelands, museums, Table Mountain, day trips to Cape Safari Game Farms, whale watching, shark cage diving, helicopter trips, tandem paragliding & other extreme sports...and the list just goes on! If you're looking for a home-away-from-home experience then look no further! We have no airs & graces & no-one stands on ceremony. Just pure friendliness! All of our rooms overlook the magnificent Atlantic Ocean with a backdrop of Table Mountain. So do join us! Come EAT ~ SLEEP ~ PLAY ~ where "WORK IS LOVE MADE VISIBLE!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Primi Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primi-Royal Hotel Camps Bay
- Primi Royal Cape Town
- Primi Royal Camps Bay, Cape Town