I actually thought I had already written a review soon after our return, but evidently it didn't 'take'.
My wife and I came to South Africa - me for the first time, and she to return after 40 years - and our first stop was this hotel in Cape Town. We had heard that it was friendly, and when we arrived, we were greeted by Liberty and Primrose and informed we had been upgraded to another room. Great sea views, with the waves crashing on the rocks. Liberty also recommended we go to Table Mountain ASAP as the weather was going to change soon. We did. It did! But we got some fantastic pics and views of Cape Town while the sun shone!
Not only that, but after discovering our plans, Liberty also booked various trips for us online, saving us time and effort, and making sure we received discounts. Service over and above! In fact all the staff went to great lengths to make our stay enjoyable.
The hotel is also very handy for the circular tour buses (Red & Blue) which is a good way to see the city.
On the down side.. the room, while really comfortable, had seen better days. The bathroom in particular looked a bit like a DIY job, and could do with a bit of a refurb. That being said, it did not detract from a lovely stay.
The staff in particular make this hotel; from Zane, to Liberty, Primrose and the bar guys whose names, so long after, I now forget - sorry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're a small 10 bedroom boutique hotel just 100 m up from the beach, restaurants, bars & Miami-Beach style nightlife! We strive to give good service & make your stay as pleasurable as possible. We arrange half-day & full-day tours of all types: Best-of-the-Cape, The Peninsula - Cape of Good Hope & Cape Point, Wine, Cheese & Olive Tasting at our very best vineyards in the famous Cape Winelands, museums, Table Mountain, day trips to Cape Safari Game Farms, whale watching, shark cage diving, helicopter trips, tandem paragliding & other extreme sports...and the list just goes on! If you're looking for a home-away-from-home experience then look no further! We have no airs & graces & no-one stands on ceremony. Just pure friendliness! All of our rooms overlook the magnificent Atlantic Ocean with a backdrop of Table Mountain. So do join us! Come EAT ~ SLEEP ~ PLAY ~ where "WORK IS LOVE MADE VISIBLE!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Primi Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primi-Royal Hotel Camps Bay
- Primi Royal Cape Town
- Primi Royal Camps Bay, Cape Town