“A gem of a hotel with great staff”
Review of Primi Royal

Primi Royal
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
Dublin, Ireland
“A gem of a hotel with great staff”
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Stayed in the Primi Royal for 3 nights with a friend. We had a large room with a balcony. The rooms are well equiped and include a universal adaptor. The staff are so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble, it is nice that there is someone available 24/7. When we arrived, after a 7 hour drive, we were able to immediately relax with a beer on the terrace and watch the sun set. The staff chatted to us and someone was firing up the barbeque and we were asked if we would like to join them. We were delighted to not have to go looking for somewhere to eat and the food was just perfect. The free internet access in the business centre is great and so handy for checking email quickly. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EEIrish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
England
Reviewed 30 June 2010

We had three excellent days, the staff were so helpful, the room was huge and well decorated. No problems at all.

Alan Mitchell

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
croydon, london
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Like the previous reviewers I was apprehensive having read the reviews. However, I had a very happy visit at the Primi Royal. I got the manager to come to my room and check the locks for safety and he showed me where precautions had been taken as a result of the previous problems. He said he could offer me another room if I was uncomfortable. The staff were friendly, the breakfast was good, I loved my room. I had a lovely balcony that had a sea view, but I didn't use it as it was rainy and windy during my visit.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank gillymc60
Hay-on-Wye, Wales
Reviewed 11 May 2010

We arrived at the Primi-royal after stays at several outstanding Hotels in South Africa and from the outside were worrie what we were going to find inside. However we were pleasently surprised, we were greeted by Andrew who was exremely nice and helpful. Both rooms were adequate and when first decorated probably looked beautiful, however they both looked a bit tired and in need of a makover.
Breakfast was fine but sometimes limited if they ran out of fruit etc they would not always replenish even if there were more guests to come to eat.
We were originally booked in for 3 nights but due to the ash cloud stayed an extra 8 nights. Some of the staff were very helpful allowing us to use phone, computer (when the guest 1 had crashed) etc to find out what was going on, however other members of staff told us to use a public phone.
Towards the end of our the stay the women who cleaned our rooms(they also made and served breakfast) began to be a bit lazy, not always leaving replacement loo rolls, towells etc. One morning the salt cellar broke lkeaving salt all over the floor and after asking twice and a fellow guest asking the salt was left until after breakfast. The rest of the hotel was quite clean. I think we could have been in worse, but it definatley could have been better.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank purplewelshwood
cheshire
Reviewed 9 May 2010

My husband and I stayed at the primi royal for 2 nights when we first arrived in Cape Town. We arrived at 11pm and checked straight in. The first night we stayed in a standard room which was lovely but for the second night we booked a luxury room (room 9) which was just beautiful and definitely worth the extra money. It had a hot tub outside, a huge balcony, the bathroom had underfloor heating - it was amazing! The breakfast was lovely and the staff were all really friendly. On our second night we went to Blues restaurant which was literally a 5 minute walk from the primi roayl and the food was delicious! I would definitely stay at the primi royal again!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Stamford Bridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2010

Firstly; rather sad reports from the previous visitors, but....
My wife and I visited the Primi for the second time in 5 years during our world trips and we loved the place very much. This time we were in Room No1 with a great balcony and private swimming pool overlooking the sea. What more could we ask for for our last 2 days in RSA.
We loved the breakfasts and the evening drinks whilst looking towards Lion Head hill.
We looking forward to be back in 2015.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2010

I made a reservation with the Primi Royal and paid the obligatory down payment of 50%, only to fall afoul of the Icelandic volcanic ash cloud which prevented travel to South Africa. I notified everyone with whom we had reservations - three different airlines, hotels and restaurants. Everyone was sympathetic and waived their normal "rights" and fully refunded all deposits and prepayments, even when their "small print" gave them a waiver. However, there was one exception, The Primi Royal in Cape Town who intially indicated in an e-mail that they would, when the General Manager, Mr Raymond Goncalves became involved, he reneged on their promise and stated that the person was not authorised to make such an undertaking.
My advice to anyone considering booking with Primi Royal is "BUYER BEWARE" - unlike much of the rest of the travel industry they are out of step with practise.
I regret that Primi Royal has entered the travel industry Hall of Shame!

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bodger00
cbcpt, Manager at Primi Royal, responded to this review, 4 May 2010
I would expect a Dr to be ethical and courteous, but Dr Keith Lloyd omits to mention I waived any possible cancellation costs by offering to hold the booking open for a year. On reading his blog I’ve refunded his deposit as still accommodating him would no doubt be unpleasant. Raymond Goncalves.