“Totally Fab Stay at Villa Romantica!”

Al Villa Romantica La Spiaggia
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Camps Bay
Al Villa Romantica La Spiaggia
Ranked #50 of 54 Camps Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed in Villa Romantica in February with my boyfriend and we had such a great stay. We have stayed in quite a few guest houses and this was the best to date!

From the moment we arrived we were given great service. The owner Toussaint checked us in and let us know we would be receiving a free massage at the guest house spa - what a fab suprise and a great way to relax after a long flight!

We also received a complimentary bottle of wine each!

The room we got was lovely and spacious and had a great view of Table Mountain.
The guest house is in a great location - right by the beach. We also spend many an afternoon catching some sun by the pool :)

Definitely value for money! We will be coming back soon and this time with friends!

Room Tip: Ask for the Principessa Suite - very spacious, clean and great view on balcony!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelgirlking
There are newer reviews for Al Villa Romantica La Spiaggia

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Hi there,

I must say, after spending two nights at this guest house, I seriously want to go back! Not only did I have a stunning bedroom, but I could enjoy the jacuzzi and pool whenever I wanted to, I could just relax and get my tan on, it felt like home honestly, just better!lol

I've also looked around, and no other guest house offers this much stuff. I had a free swedish massage, a free manicure, a pedicure, free bottle of wine,free breakfast.....wait for it.....EVERY NIGHT OF MY STAY!!

I'll definately recommend people to stay there, its right by the beach and I'm such a beach bum...everything you're looking for is right there! I think the best part about staying there, even if its just for one night, is that the staff is so friendly, they give fantastic service, you wont wanna leave... :-) Cant wait to go back, its a MUST!!

So take your friends, family or go alone if you're just looking to get away from all the madness :-) They'll love u for it, you'll love u for it hehe

Room Tip: Choose the Principessa Suite - Its pretty huge, lol you'll love it!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2012

After reading reveiws about this place, i thought i would have the same experience as what others mentioned. But i was wrong. I had one of the best weekend ever if not the best.

I had booked for my girl friend, 2 friends of mine and my self for a night as we wanted to be close to the beach. I booked for Friday only but extended for 2 extra night as the stay was amazing. The manager/owner Toussaint was so welcoming and extremely kind. The staff, florence and Tawanda were toooo kind.

As we arrived, Toussaint had mentioned that we will each receive a swedish massage, pedicure, manicure, bottle of wine. We all had it and loved it. Florence the therapist did a great job, i will def come back for more.

Before i entered the house, i was expecting it to be awful as people said. Actually, the place was very clean, my friends rooms were also very clean. It is not the most modern room/house as people expect it. It is a beautiful normal room/house, with amazing views of the beach and table mountain, with a juczzi in the bathroom. We had a braai aswell and had a swim in the pool and relaxed in th jacuzzi by the patio .

What i can say for travellers out there, do not expect it to be a 5 star well structured modern hotel. Expect it to be a home feel that is clean, comfortable and a great place to sleep at. I had a much better feel than most previous hotels i stayed at. I loved the guest house so much. It was worth more for the price i paid. Perfect location!!!!!!! Its right by the beach and all restaurants

Oh breakfast was amazing too.

Room Tip: I was told that i had the biggest room. Had views of the ocean/beach and table mount. Ask for Princi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I booked for a weekend with 2 of my girlfriends and had the most amazing stay at this guest house. On arrival I was told that we would each be getting a free massage, free manicure, free pedicure and free bottle of wine or champagne for every day of our stay! This made our stay even more enjoyable!

I went for my 1st free massage in their new in-house spa and was massaged by a lovely lady. What an amazing massage, I felt truly relaxed after that! My friends and I also got our manicures and pedicures later on before went went down to the nearby clubs!

Our room was lovely and spacious for 3 people and I really enjoyed the jacuzzi bathtub.

The owner is friendly and warm and went out of his way to ensure we had a great stay.

I will definitely recommend this place to all my friends and family. I plan on coming back with my boyfriend and enjoying a romantic couples massage and sipping champagne by the pool.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the free Sweedish massage everyday of your stay!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I booked in the hotel via booking.com and upon arrival the staff were surprised! then they called the owner who is a very nice gentleman, he said that this hotel is complete but he will give m a room in another one. He drive me to another hotel with same name, and it ends up by a room in the facing house!

Regardless the stay was good and the owner is a very nice gentleman, it is not good to have a fake booking.

Room Tip: Call them to make sure that what you booked is what you get.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2012

On a suggestion from a Camps Bay friend we booked for a 2 night stay whilst attending a wedding. On arrival we were lead to a spacious room overlooking The Fairways with a view of the Bay,we were presented with a bottle of wine on arrival which was nice but that is where the service or courtesy ended. The first thing that we noticed was that there were no toiletries that you would normally expect in an upmarket B&B, luckily we had brought shampoo but had to ask for a bar of soap. There were no drinking glasses in the room save a filthy `toothpaste holder` glass in the bathroom which we insisted be replaced. There were also no tea/coffee facilities and the advertised `24/7 cappachino machine` was nowhere to be found.The satellite TV in our room was not working and upon enquiring if it would be fixed we were told that `nothing could be done until Monday` (after we had left).Although pleasant the room was looking a little worse for wear with wires hanging down from the TV and a very dirty iced up fridge. Upon rising the next day i went down to the kitchen at 6.45am (breakfast was advertised at 7am) to make tea for my wife and I to be met by what can only be described as the filthiest kitchen i have ever seen in years of travelling ! Dirty dishes and pots piled up in the sinks, dirty plates cups,glasses and wine bottles on all the tables, overflowing and stinking rubbish bins and not a staff member in sight. My wife called the manager who said that `the cleaning staff went off at 4pm, that it wasnt his fault and blamed the mess on a group of models who were staying there`.We refused to eat breakfast there.On the day of departure we went to the kitchen to make tea and although the place was clean the staff member there couldnt find the tea or sugar and the milk in the fridge was sour and curdled. We then packed and left without breakfast.I understand that this establishment used to have a good name, however it is clear that standards have dropped considerably and we would advise travellers to avoid it until they get their service right.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Francism54
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I have stayed at Al Villa Romantica Spiaggia twice in the past- in both 2005 and 2008 but upon our return this year, it was with sadness that we noticed how the service, quality of the rooms and maintenance of the propery had gone down. From booking to arrival- we had a difficult time. We booked in April for our trip in December for a group of 5 couples. Unfortunately the person who made our bookings- a friendly and helpful lady named Walda- had resigned by the time of our arrival. The owner Paul had mixed up our bookings and (although it ended up getting sorted) he had cancelled 1 couples bookings. From there- drains were blocked and smelling, rooms had no air on despite this being promised and we even found dirty(ex guests) underpants in a drawer.we noticed the freshly washed towels hanging over a dirty wall to dry instead of a washing line as well.
Loveness- the lady who cleaned the rooms and made breakfast was lovely and helpful but this was ruined by the attitude shown by Paul the owner when we asked for help with our complaints.he was rude and told us that it's only the "locals" that complain.
We heard that he was selling the bnb and we just hope that the next owners are able to restore it to what it once was, as location wise, it's hard to beat.

• Stayed: December 2011
#52 of 59 in Hout Bay
Swiss Cottage no.1
Swiss Cottage no.1
#40 of 54 in Camps Bay

Been to Al Villa Romantica La Spiaggia? Share your experiences!