“Fantastic!”
Review of Auberge du Cap

Auberge du Cap
Ranked #13 of 54 Camps Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I spent what we called a mini-moon in cape town, I couldn't have chosen better! The views were amazing and the guesthouse was clean and well equiped. Mike and Morgan were uber helpful and friendly and completely non intrusive, every morning a variety of breakfast goodies was layed out beautifully on the breakfast deck with stunning views...It was thrill driving up and down the driveway each time and thedirections to the house from the airport were spot on.
I will definitely stay there again, the views are unrivalled at the foothills of the 12 apostles, thank you Mike and Morgan! Andre and Kristy.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at this lovely B & B for four nights on our honeymoon. We loved every minute and we were sad to leave. The owners Mike and Morgan are great hosts. They serve an delicious breakfast and gave us excellent recommendations for restaurants and other activities to do in Cape Town. The views are amazing, the rooms are beautiful and very clean, and there is a great small plunge pool in the main house. The location was perfect, it was away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to main attractions. We would highly recommend this B & B and can't wait to return! Thanks Mike and Morgan :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I chose the ocean suite as I am a single woman traveling alone. I was delighted by the beauty, comfort, and added luxuries of my suite. Beautiful linnens and towels plus scented bath salts and candles made me feel pampered. The bath tub was large enough to stretch out in. The large shower had strong water pressure and was a great way to energize in the morning. I didn't need to bring a hair dryer...in fact the one in my room is better than at home! Shampoos, body soap, and thick lotion was all provided. The suite was large and could easily accomodate a couple or two friends traveling together.

There is a small fridge in the sitting room. It was stocked with water, soft drinks, and even a bottle of wine. There was also a pot for tea or coffee. Fresh cream was placed in the fridge daily. Also the box of chocolate biscuits was nice to enjoy as I sat on my private deck drinking tea and enjoying the spectacular sunsets.

Each morning as I went up for breakfast, I was greeted by a cheerful mike and morgan. They served the best omlets plus yogurt sweet breads fruit toast coffee and juices and anything i asked for. When a snack was needed, there was fresh fruit in my room daily. Excellent!

The WiFi helped me stay connected and was appreciated. My room had fans vs air conditioning and worked just fine to keep me comfortable. One evening it was hot so I opened the windows to bring in the cool breeze. It cooled down quickly.

I felt safe at all times and appreciated the friendly attention given by mike and morgan. They truly love what they do and made me feel like family.

I highly recommend staying here and I plan to return next year with friends.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank dbmitchell626
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We booked the Auberge du Cap on the recommendations on tripadvisor. Yes, the views were fantastic and the breakfasts delicious. Unfortunately, our stay did not reach the expectations that we had. We stayed in the Ocean Suite, a lovely room, however there was no air con - which was necessary as it was so hot. The fan provided did not suffice. No internet or wifi, which was inconvenient. The sitting out area, from our suite, was very dangerous - no health and safety. We had an incident in our room, and felt Mike and Morgan did not handle this professionally, in fact made us feel extremely uncomfortable. Guests should be informed, before booking, of the extremely steep drive to get to the house. Certainly not for the unfit!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angie h
MikeCampsBay, Owner at Auberge du Cap, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy to see your Business Class flight brought you safely home. Delighted to hear you enjoyed our views, lovely breakfasts and of course the daily Complimentary Sherries! For the sake of fellow travellers I wish to expound. We have two Green Grading rooms – which means, they do not have high electricity usage aircons, but manual fans, as per the grading specifications. End of Feb and March sometimes has a handful of very hot days, which would be the only time one may even need to use a fan. When guests have the choice of all 4 units – some with aircons – and the guest chooses the entry level unit without Aircon – one has to accept the reservation as per guests booking request. We expect that guests will choose a unit to suit their specific needs, out of the full choice available at the time. With regards wifi – we have a complementary free wifi. Telkom – the landline and ADSL provider, had a cable malfunction, which left the entire street without facility for an entire month – and this was completely out of our control. This situation was clearly explained to all patrons upon check in! With regards our drive way – once again – we live on the foothills of the Twelve Apostles – which is the very reason we have exceptional views. The driveway to the parking deck is steep, as the house is situated at the back of the stand to maximise the profound views! We very clearly state the driveway situation in the Directions attachment sent to each and every guest upon confirmation of the booking. Guests have the choice to park on the deck or downstairs depending on their level of driving expertise. With regards to the comment – I am not clear, but assume the guests refer to their accusations, which later turned out to be completely unfounded & in error, and perhaps caused some uncomfortable feelings. Trust this sheds a fair light on some aspect of the review. Owners Mike and Morgan

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We started our holiday in South Africa at Auberge du Cap following a personal recommendation and we were delighted with the welcome, the location, the views, the accommodation and the breakfasts. Mike & Morgan were very helpful in their recommendations on where to go and how to get there and their recommendations for local dining were spot on. We highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Mike and Morgan thank you for the most incredible stay we have had. Absolutely everything was perfect. You guys made it very special for us. The rooms are immaculate the breakfast is delicious and the views are on another level. We will most definitely be meeting again and very soon. If we could rate higher we would. Amazingly breathtaking. Thank you again love Ash and Craig

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CraignAsh
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed with Morgan and Mike at Auberge du Cap and could not have been happier. We spent our first three nights in The Ocean Suite and our last five in the Bordeaux Apartment. Both were magnificent and larger than we were expecting. As you can see from photos and read in reviews, the views are second to none. The amenities were top flight and the breakfasts delicious and varied and served in an incredibly beautiful setting.

The best part of our visit however were Morgan and Mike. Both accommodating and down to earth, we feel as if we now have two new friends. They stopped by to share Champagne on New Years Eve and always offered good advise on activities, places to shop and any other question we put before them. When they made a reservation for us in a local restaurant we were set up in a corner table with of course...a view!

We seriously could not have found a more delightful place to stay. Some friends stayed in accommodations that were closer to the beach in Camps Bay, but we would not have traded our rooms for any other. Auberge du Cap is far enough away from the hustle of the beach scene but close enough to be there via cab or car in five minutes. And the rooms are a great value compared to other accommodations that we looked at.

Lastly, the ride up the driveway was just enough of an adrenaline rush to get me going each time I ascended. I didn't realize that in South Africa one drives on the British side of the road when I reserved my rental car with a manual transmission. So not only was I driving on the opposite side of the road than I am used to, but I was shifting with my non-typical hand as well. This all made the trips up the driveway that much more exciting! Mike was kind enough to demonstrate on our first morning how to get up the drive and I enjoyed the adventure from thence forth :)

An excellent stay with outstanding hosts! We're looking forward to our next trip, hopefully sooner than later.

Paul and Deanne