“So good to be back!”

Ranked #10 of 54 Camps Bay B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“So good to be back!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at Auberge Du Cap. The accommodation and welcome were as good as we'd remembered - this time we booked the Bordeaux suite with it's own private entrance. We were in heaven!

I'd highly recommend this suite as it boasts a massive terrace which is completely private - we spent many hours simply lazing here drinking in 270 degree view of Camps Bay, the Lion's Head and Table Mountain - simply stunning.

Mike, Morgan and their team looked after up extremely well - all amenities were top class and breakfasts were delicious.

This is a fabulous addition to your holiday accommodation options and Camps Bay makes a good base for some time enjoying the beaches, Cape Town and further afield. Well be coming back - that's for sure.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have traveled and lived throughout the world and stayed at many hotels and guest houses. The pictures of the Auberge look amazing...but they do not give the place justice! It is the first place I have stayed where it was even better than the pictures suggested. The views from the Auberge at the best in Camps Bay and Cape Town. We stayed in both the penthouse and the ocean suite and the views were fantastic from both rooms. The place was clean and very comfortable. Furthermore, the hospitality shown by Mike & Morgan was second to none. They went out of their way to accommodate any request and after staying there for a week, it was hard to say goodbye to our new friends. I cannot recommend the Auberge high enough - you will not be disappointed if you stay here!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Gersau, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This guest house was recommended to us by a friend and it was spot on, If you can manage to get up the terrifying driveway, you will find a gem right under the Twelve Apostles in Camps Bay. We booked the extremely comfortable and large penthouse with our own balconies which unfortunately we couldn't use too much because the famous Cape wine made it's presence known. Hosts Morgan & Mike made us feel so welcome - they even did our laundry! Thanks for a fantastic stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I spent what we called a mini-moon in cape town, I couldn't have chosen better! The views were amazing and the guesthouse was clean and well equiped. Mike and Morgan were uber helpful and friendly and completely non intrusive, every morning a variety of breakfast goodies was layed out beautifully on the breakfast deck with stunning views...It was thrill driving up and down the driveway each time and thedirections to the house from the airport were spot on.
I will definitely stay there again, the views are unrivalled at the foothills of the 12 apostles, thank you Mike and Morgan! Andre and Kristy.

• Stayed January 2014
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at this lovely B & B for four nights on our honeymoon. We loved every minute and we were sad to leave. The owners Mike and Morgan are great hosts. They serve an delicious breakfast and gave us excellent recommendations for restaurants and other activities to do in Cape Town. The views are amazing, the rooms are beautiful and very clean, and there is a great small plunge pool in the main house. The location was perfect, it was away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to main attractions. We would highly recommend this B & B and can't wait to return! Thanks Mike and Morgan :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I chose the ocean suite as I am a single woman traveling alone. I was delighted by the beauty, comfort, and added luxuries of my suite. Beautiful linnens and towels plus scented bath salts and candles made me feel pampered. The bath tub was large enough to stretch out in. The large shower had strong water pressure and was a great way to energize in the morning. I didn't need to bring a hair dryer...in fact the one in my room is better than at home! Shampoos, body soap, and thick lotion was all provided. The suite was large and could easily accomodate a couple or two friends traveling together.

There is a small fridge in the sitting room. It was stocked with water, soft drinks, and even a bottle of wine. There was also a pot for tea or coffee. Fresh cream was placed in the fridge daily. Also the box of chocolate biscuits was nice to enjoy as I sat on my private deck drinking tea and enjoying the spectacular sunsets.

Each morning as I went up for breakfast, I was greeted by a cheerful mike and morgan. They served the best omlets plus yogurt sweet breads fruit toast coffee and juices and anything i asked for. When a snack was needed, there was fresh fruit in my room daily. Excellent!

The WiFi helped me stay connected and was appreciated. My room had fans vs air conditioning and worked just fine to keep me comfortable. One evening it was hot so I opened the windows to bring in the cool breeze. It cooled down quickly.

I felt safe at all times and appreciated the friendly attention given by mike and morgan. They truly love what they do and made me feel like family.

I highly recommend staying here and I plan to return next year with friends.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank dbmitchell626
melbourne, derby
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We booked the Auberge du Cap on the recommendations on tripadvisor. Yes, the views were fantastic and the breakfasts delicious. Unfortunately, our stay did not reach the expectations that we had. We stayed in the Ocean Suite, a lovely room, however there was no air con - which was necessary as it was so hot. The fan provided did not suffice. No internet or wifi, which was inconvenient. The sitting out area, from our suite, was very dangerous - no health and safety. We had an incident in our room, and felt Mike and Morgan did not handle this professionally, in fact made us feel extremely uncomfortable. Guests should be informed, before booking, of the extremely steep drive to get to the house. Certainly not for the unfit!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angie h
MikeCampsBay, Owner at Auberge du Cap, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you for your review. We are happy to see your Business Class flight brought you safely home. Delighted to hear you enjoyed our views, lovely breakfasts and of course the daily Complimentary Sherries! For the sake of fellow travellers I wish to expound. We have two Green Grading rooms – which means, they do not have high electricity usage aircons, but manual fans, as per the grading specifications. End of Feb and March sometimes has a handful of very hot days, which would be the only time one may even need to use a fan. When guests have the choice of all 4 units – some with aircons – and the guest chooses the entry level unit without Aircon – one has to accept the reservation as per guests booking request. We expect that guests will choose a unit to suit their specific needs, out of the full choice available at the time. With regards wifi – we have a complementary free wifi. Telkom – the landline and ADSL provider, had a cable malfunction, which left the entire street without facility for an entire month – and this was completely out of our control. This situation was clearly explained to all patrons upon check in! With regards our drive way – once again – we live on the foothills of the Twelve Apostles – which is the very reason we have exceptional views. The driveway to the parking deck is steep, as the house is situated at the back of the stand to maximise the profound views! We very clearly state the driveway situation in the Directions attachment sent to each and every guest upon confirmation of the booking. Guests have the choice to park on the deck or downstairs depending on their level of driving expertise. With regards to the comment – I am not clear, but assume the guests refer to their accusations, which later turned out to be completely unfounded & in error, and perhaps caused some uncomfortable feelings. Trust this sheds a fair light on some aspect of the review. Owners Mike and Morgan