“Fantastic Weekend Away”

Villa Atlantica Boutique Guesthouse
Reviewed 30 July 2014

A fantastic place for a romantic weekend away. Our room was very comfortable and clean and the jacuzzi was great too! Great view from our room over Camps Bay and the ocean. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
villa atlantica, Manager at Villa Atlantica Boutique Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2015

Thank you for the great review.
I'm so glad you enjoyed your romantic get away, Villa Atlantica is definitely a great spot for romantics.
Hope to see you soon

There are newer reviews for Villa Atlantica Boutique Guesthouse

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Thank you for the wonderful stay you offered us . Everyone was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were very neat and beautiful. It was really excellent value for money and we will definitely see you soon !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hi Melissa,
Thank you so much for the great review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay as complete customer satisfaction is our goal.
Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We checked in really late from Jo'burg. We were greeted by Tali's husband and check-in was a breeze. The room was comfortable, spacious and most importantly clean. It did not hit us until the next morning that the view from our room is gorgeous. We had a lovely take-away breakfast on our porch. We met Tali the next day and she was super helpful. She helped us with our Table Mountain hike plan. I wished she could convince my partner to take the cable car up, and hike down though, instead of the other way round. I gained a bit of weight from the trip, (South Africa has too much good food!), and my partner was adamant that we hiked up instead. Haha! We also got to meet Tali's adorable baby girl. There are a lot of restaurants nearby. We ate at at V/A Waterfront, which is about 20 mins drive away. We wanted a quiet, serene stay, and Villa Atlantica provided us with that.

All in all, we felt like we were home and, therefore would recommend Villa Atlantica to our friends.

Room Tip: We had Room No 3, which is at the end of the corridor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for such a lovely review.
It really means a lot to us having our guests enjoy their stay.

I recently dragged my husband up table mountain and took the cable car down, he would definitely agree with you that we should have done it the other way round, but I absolutely loved the hike.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Wonderful location, beautiful view of the bay, awesome room. I am planning on staying at Villa Atlantica every time I am in Cape Town. Spacious, luxurious perfect setting. Not the best choice for kids in my opinion, but otherwise fabulous.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
villa atlantica, Manager at Villa Atlantica Boutique Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as we continuously strive for complete customer satisfaction.

Our policy actually does not allow children under 12 at the Guesthouse but during winter we make provisions, however I do agree that the Villa caters primarily to adults.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed in a Mountain View room for 4 days and were very, very pleased with Villa Atlantica, its staff, and the great location! We enjoyed meeting the other guests at the villa and hearing their stories, and we found the shared kitchen, living/dining room, and balcony to be well-appointed and perfect for relaxing. The Houghton Steps were a great shortcut from the villa to the beach and we used them daily. There's a MyCiti bus stop just half a block away from the villa (the Rontree stop) which makes for super-easy and super-convenient transport into Cape Town - we had no need to rent a car even though there's parking at the villa. Also, down the steps and on the main road through Camps Bay, you can easily catch the Hop On Hop Off Tour Bus or use MyCiti's other new routes. So, for us, the location was perfect: a well-appointed villa with a very comfortable room in a quiet neighborhood, with easy access to wherever we wanted to go. Our review wouldn't be complete without mentioning the villa's staff...Tali and her family were friendly, kind, accommodating, and professional, and Antionette is a jewel. We had a most excellent stay at Villa Atlantica and will definitely stay there again if we can!

Hi Dorothy,

Thank you for the beautiful review. It was lovely meeting you and your husband and getting to know you guys. We really enjoyed having you stay with us and welcome you back any time.

I hope the wedding was a very special day.

Come visit soon
Regards Tali

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We have stayed at Villa Atlantica for 4 days and we cannot but recommend the place to other visitors. We stayed two nights in the studio and two nights in room number 1. Both the studio and the room were tastefully furnished and very spacious. The whole villa was incredibly neat and tidy.
We also made use of the villa facilities, including the big kitchen, veranda and patio, and we can say that staying in Villa Atlantica greatly contributed to a very successful short holiday.
The management and the staff were really nice; they did everything possible to accommodate our needs and provided us with very useful information about the city and how to get around.
We shall definitely go back one day and we do not hesitate in recommending this place to our family, friends and acquaintances.

Room Tip: The studio has a patio and looks towards Lion's Head and Table Mountain. The rooms are upstairs...

Hi Anathelion,

Hope you and your husband are well.
Thank you for the fantastic review. Its always nice to hear how much guests enjoyed their stay.

Hopefully we'll see you again soon

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had a great stay at this establishment. Very neat, tidy and organized. Lovely view of the sea and mountains and a easy, though brisk, walk down to the beach. Room very tasteful and spacious with nice balcony. Very safe with a nice pool and also a great kitchen to prepare own meals. For the price though I would have expected DSTV at least? Also, the 360degree video on their website does not reflect the revamped rooms and almost made me cancel my booking. Paintings in the hallway also not as tasteful as the rest of the look and feel and I will replace if I were the owners. Will definately stay there again!

Hi Melanie,

Thank you for your insightful review. We appreciate the honest feedback.

I wish you had told me about the DSTV as all our suites have their own satellite decoders with DSTV. I can only assume your TV was not on AV. Apologises for this.

I definitely agree with you about uploading new images on line of our revamped rooms, the reason why I haven't done this yet is because I want to finish the rest of the guesthouse before I get photos taken. As you mentioned the paintings in the hallway were very dated and you'll be happy to know they have since been changed, along with the living area.

Next time you stay, you'll see all the refurbishments completed
Hope to see you soon