Camps Bay Ridge Guest House
The Bay Hotel(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Breakfast included
The Place on the Bay(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$84
POD Camps Bay(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$226
Ocean View House(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$107
Agoda.com
3 On Camps Bay Boutique Hotel(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$94
Agoda.com
South Beach Camps Bay(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$158
Orbitz.com
Camps Bay Retreat(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$156
Priceline
Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$159
  • Breakfast included
Fairways on the Bay(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$68
Agoda.com
The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$485
US$402
All reviewsloft roomguest houseinfinity poolcape townnothing is too much troublehome from homeattention to detailpalapasunsetviewsocean
Reviewed 30 December 2011

WOW!!!! My husband and I spent a few nights at Camps Bay Ridge late November while on our honeymoon and I can't speak highly enough about this place. The decor and landscaping is sooooo pretty!!! The views of the Twelve Apostles and Camps Bay beach our out of this world!! Joerg is SUCH A DELIGHTFUL host. He was so friendly in all of our email exchanges prior to our arrival and he really looked out for us the whole time we stayed at Camps Bay Ridge whether it was arranging taxis to take us to dinner, providing driving directions, suggesting places to dine or even set up a shark diving excursion for us (his shark diving excursion recommendation was awesome!!!). Andrea was also so lovely and made us the most delicious breakfast each morning. Joerg made sure we had a celebratory bottle of champagne in our room in honor of our honeymoon! We really felt like locals- Joerg made us feel so welcome. Oh and I must add that the beds in this place were like heaven!!! I don't know that I've ever slept better in my life. I need to ask him where he buys his duvets- I felt like I was sleeping in a cloud!!!
We really really really lucked out picking this place. Don't waste another minute thinking about it and book a stay here- you won't regret it!!! My husband and I will definitely be back on our next trip to Cape Town. THANK YOU CAMPS BAY RIDGE!!!

Room Tip: We had the Corner view room with a fabulous balcony
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We spent 5 nights here in November and wished we could have stayed longer! The service provided by Joerg is excellent, from our initial enquiry and throughout our stay Joerg could not have been more accommodating or helpful. The guest house is beautifully appointed and Joerg has done an outstanding job in designing a calming,blissful retreat, situated over looking camps bay the Ridge Guest House also has outstanding views of the 12 Apostles and Lions Head Mountain. The breakfast are a treat and Andrea makes the most amazing omelettes that I have had ever had the luxury of eating. Both Joerg and Andrea are knowledgeable about Cape Towns tourist attractions and provided helpful insider information too. I can not thank both of them enough for such a wonderful stay and for their help and humour - especially when we had cause to seek medical attention. We have no qualms in recommending this guest house and we will certainly be returning at the earliest opportunity.

Room Tip: The Garden Room is the only room without a sea view but does benefit from being slightly apart from the main house and it's own little private patio.
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We stayed here for my birthday and stayed 6 days in total (in the corner room); we thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The house is located in the hills of Camps Bay which means it's 15 mins to the beach (or a few mins in the car). You can easily stay at the house the whole day and relax at the pool - or hop down to the beach.

Our hosts were amazing and did everything they could to ensure we had a great stay (from booking me dinner for my birthday to leaving out a mossie repeller when it was clear I had been bitten (even though it wasn't at the house)). Breakfast is lovely (the fruit salad is stunning!), and the rooms are stunning.

We felt right at home and will be back!

Room Tip: The corner room is stunning
Reviewed 31 March 2011

We spent 10 days in Cape Town, first staying in a 6* hotel on the waterfront and then three nights at Camps Bay Ridge. The guest house is so stylish, with unique artwork, furniture and gorgeous splashes of colour. We stayed in the honeymoon suite for our one year anniversary and it was beautiful, spacious and spotlessly clean with all the amenities you need. The location at the top of the hill is so picturesque with beautiful views across Cape Town.

But what really makes this place special are the hosts; Joerg and Andrea. They made us feel like we were friends from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. We felt so comfortable and loved the lazy breakfasts with all the other guests. It felt as though we were renting a private home with friends. Staying here was the highlight of our trip and probably one of the best places we've ever stayed, better than any ultra luxurious hotel.

We'd recommend this hotel without a doubt to anyone looking for a laid-back, friendly and idyllic hotel perfectly located in "paradise" as they like to call it!

Room Tip: We loved the honeymoon suite.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2011

We have travelled in SA since 1998 and this guesthouse is definately in our top 5.
The atmosphere is warm, styleful and relaxed.
Joerg the owner, must have been an architect, a decorator, a musician and an entertainer in his former life. He is a wonderful host and knows how to treat each guest at best.
Ofcourse the pool, the views, the palapa, the breakfast with all the guests at a big table... it all adds to our review.
See you next year