Our experience of Atlantic View was very mixed, we had booked this place as a grande finale to our 6 week stay in SouthAafrica as according to trip adviser it read very well.
On enquiring for accomodation there was much correspondence with Greg the owner but unless we were prepared to stayfor 5 days could not offer certain suites but could offer for 4 days a junior suite, On the photographs sent, looked acceptable.
My expectations were very high and our arrival was greeted well and friendly and the tour of the hotel was pleasing.
However, on being taken to our room, not a junior suite,I was somewhat disappointed to see the smallness of this, and also a minute bathroom.
The position of this 'hotel' is wonderful with great views, fantastic sunsets and the staff in the main friendly and helpfull.
The evening 'sundowners' is a great idea, however, the canopes are tiny and not worth bothering with.
An acceptable breakfast was provided at a communal table.
To get tp our room We had to walk in front of another rooms window to obtain access as the only access was through a french window and not a door.
The room was small, tired and no amount of fancy cushions could enhance this.
A pathetic small bathroom with no electric shaving plug! although the staff did their best to find an alternative solution.
After the sundowner drink, that is it, no bar or facilities to eat bar a sandwich, which means that you have to leave to go elsewhere for dinner.
Having stayed in many 5 star accomodation in South africa and worldwide I do not see this as a 5 star hotel. At best it is a very upmarket , pricey Bed and Breakfast with a fantastic view and position but not everything is about the view.
On the morning of day 2 I spoke with Jaco, the general manager, and expressed my views as to the disappointment of the bedroom and accomodation.
although the 'hotel' was reasonably full he said that he would speak with Greg and see if any room change may be available.
I expressed my thanks and understood that this may not be a possability but would appreciate any help.
I also expressed that the website in my oppinion gave a somewhat inflated view of the accomodation and this had been expressed by other trip adviser reports.
We went out for the day and on our return at approximately 6.00pm were greeted very sternly by a mamber of staff who informed us that as we were unhappy with the accomodation theyhad made a provisional reservation at another hotel for us and would refund money paid for the next 3 days
We were made to feel most unwelcome and the attitude was that they did not want us to stay and be a guest at their 'hotel' any further.
I moved at great inconvenience and also some cost to another hotel for my remaining stay in SA
The ugly bit is they do not like being crticised, and their attitude can turn from positive to aggressive very quickly.
This B&B is expensive for what it is and needs to sharpen its facilities and be a little more humble.
We had some good experiences there and a very bad one.
we wish you better luck if you choose to go !!!
Keith and Veronica Fenton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5-Star Graded Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel has 9 rooms and suites. This unique Cape Town Boutique Hotel is set high atop fashionable Camps Bay along the Riviera of South Africa. It has the most spectacular views of the sea and mountains. The position is perfect and convenient to all tourist attractions. Atlanticview Cape Town do not permit small children into the property. This is very popular with honeymooners and couples who wish to just get away with a bit of peace, quiet + relaxation. Well behaved teens and singles are welcome. This Cape Town Hotel has stylish air-conditioned, non-smoking rooms (three fifty to three ninety sq ft) and suites (six hundred to seven fifty sq ft). All with spectacular views, quality furnishings, all season goose down duvets (featherless available) and percale bed-linens. Master Bedroom, Penthouse, Infinity and Sunset Suites now have super king Tempur-pedic Mattresses for your maximum comfort and quality rest. Guests can have a work out in the gym, a dip in the pool, a relaxing massage or a run on the beach. Rates incl Taxes, Welcome Refreshments, Breakfasts, WiFi, use of the Gym, 2 Solar heated Infinity pools, Guests Computer plus a generous amount of Quality Wines with delicious home made Hors-d'oeuvres and Canapés every evening to celebrate the magnificent southern Atlantic sunsets.To serve you there are 18 young hotel professionals to 18 guests. Atlanticview Boutique Hotel Camps Bay has its own in-house fleet of air-conditioned Mercedes for airport and local transfers to the beach, restaurants or tourist attractions. There is a Range Rover for private tours to the Winelands or Cape Point or wherever you would like to go, all with a friendly face from the hotel behind the wheel. Atlanticview is the only Cape Town hotel of its size to boast this service as well as two Infinity pools for their guests to enjoy. Rates for the car service are little more than local taxis. It is excellent value as well as a safe, comfortable and convenient way of getting around. Camps Bay is one of the safest up market communities in Cape Town and is the only Atlantic Seaboard beach town with a promenade packed full of world class restaurants and bars. Reservations are all handled personally by the US owners. Cuisine Technology SA, the hotels sister company supplies all the top chefs and restaurants in the country making dinner reservations in the top venues possible. The owner is known for ringing the chefs private cell phones on occasion to get guests in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Atlanticview Capetown Boutique
- Atlanticview Capetown Boutique Camps Bay
- Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel Camps Bay