After spending 5 days in the bush it was nice to arrive in Cape town! We were greeted by Atlantic View staff Mansur and Wesley with two cars; a range rover and a mercedes. We loaded both cars with luggage and headed to the Atlantic View. Along the route we were schooled on the Shanty Towns (Townships), Table Mountain (which is massive btw) and local demographics ie. population, salaries, government etc.
The Atlantic View, located in Camps Bay, sits on a hillside at the foot of Table Mountain. From the moment we walked into the lounge to check in we knew we had found a gem! You literally feel like you are walking into your own place that you "wished" you owned in South Africa. Its as if the entire staff had been waiting for YOU to come HOME! The staff was more than accommodating, greeting you with fresh cocktails and warm smiles. Check-in was seamless and delightful -we received a full presentation of our accommodations and a review of our upcoming itinerary. The staff was professional, knowledgeable, courteous and always made sure we were comfortable!
The rooms were, well let's just say...stunning! We were blown away by the cleanliness and warmth and I must say, no detail was left unturned by Greg and his design team. Well thought out large oversized bathrooms, designer mini kitchens w/microwave, mini bar & refrigerator, ipod docks, steamers, great audio/visual equipment, huge bed, comfortable oversized furniture, soft beautiful linens, the artwork, statues/scultpures and a deck over looking the Atlanic ocean. 2 infinity pools...do I need to say more???
Breakfast was a work-of-art! A fruit, cheese, juice, coffee and bread platter was delivered to our door every morning! The kitchen also took request for hot food.
Cocktail hour was "smart" and provides an excellent way to meet other travelers and exchange tour/travel tips. Every evening the staff handled dinner reservations and night life arrangements for us and always dropped us at the coolest places. From Paranga to Green House we were enjoying the local treats and culinary experiences of Camps Bay and surrounding areas.
No matter how many times I say this place was unbelievable, you still need to check-in for yourself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5-Star Graded Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel has 9 rooms and suites. This unique Cape Town Boutique Hotel is set high atop fashionable Camps Bay along the Riviera of South Africa. It has the most spectacular views of the sea and mountains. The position is perfect and convenient to all tourist attractions. Atlanticview Cape Town do not permit small children into the property. This is very popular with honeymooners and couples who wish to just get away with a bit of peace, quiet + relaxation. Well behaved teens and singles are welcome. This Cape Town Hotel has stylish air-conditioned, non-smoking rooms (three fifty to three ninety sq ft) and suites (six hundred to seven fifty sq ft). All with spectacular views, quality furnishings, all season goose down duvets (featherless available) and percale bed-linens. Master Bedroom, Penthouse, Infinity and Sunset Suites now have super king Tempur-pedic Mattresses for your maximum comfort and quality rest. Guests can have a work out in the gym, a dip in the pool, a relaxing massage or a run on the beach. Rates incl Taxes, Welcome Refreshments, Breakfasts, WiFi, use of the Gym, 2 Solar heated Infinity pools, Guests Computer plus a generous amount of Quality Wines with delicious home made Hors-d'oeuvres and Canapés every evening to celebrate the magnificent southern Atlantic sunsets.To serve you there are 18 young hotel professionals to 18 guests. Atlanticview Boutique Hotel Camps Bay has its own in-house fleet of air-conditioned Mercedes for airport and local transfers to the beach, restaurants or tourist attractions. There is a Range Rover for private tours to the Winelands or Cape Point or wherever you would like to go, all with a friendly face from the hotel behind the wheel. Atlanticview is the only Cape Town hotel of its size to boast this service as well as two Infinity pools for their guests to enjoy. Rates for the car service are little more than local taxis. It is excellent value as well as a safe, comfortable and convenient way of getting around. Camps Bay is one of the safest up market communities in Cape Town and is the only Atlantic Seaboard beach town with a promenade packed full of world class restaurants and bars. Reservations are all handled personally by the US owners. Cuisine Technology SA, the hotels sister company supplies all the top chefs and restaurants in the country making dinner reservations in the top venues possible. The owner is known for ringing the chefs private cell phones on occasion to get guests in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Atlanticview Capetown Boutique
- Atlanticview Capetown Boutique Camps Bay
- Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel Camps Bay