We stayed for four days in August following a friend's recommendation. We were originally contemplating one of the more expensive established 5* hotels, but everyone I spoke to said that Camp's Bay is the place to stay - beach, bars, restaurants and a more residential local feel. Absolutely true, I would avoid the V&A waterfront and just visit there during the day.
This boutique hotel is in a couple of converted villas which gives you a true feeling of living in Cape Town (albeit the nicest area). The hotel is also very well located for trips to the beach (can walk), to town (5-10min by car) or the vineyards and cape point. The views across the bay are great, got some snaps of whales (though I recommend a big zoom!), and table mountain overlooks the hotel from behind. It wasn't the weather to use the pools in August, but they look great for the summer time, especially if the beach is busy. Rooms are spacious and very well appointed, but what made it for us was firstly the staff (truly fantastic), then the hotel's own car service for shooting around town or going on longer trips, and finally the food which is simply extraordinary - gourmet breakfast served to your room and fantastic home made canapés with wine complementary every evening. Not the chronic chain hotel cheap wine to make it seem "special", but actually interesting local selections, and a variety too, every evening something different. Being a boutique hotel with a small number of rooms there is also always an interesting influx of guests (mostly very sociable). One night we must have been up till 3am with several guests and bottles of wine just chatting in front of the fireplace.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel, and we were very glad not to have taken one of the traditional 5* places. No doubt Cape Grace is fantastic, but to us this was the real experience and much more cosy, and I don't really see how the service, or indeed the rooms, could have been much better (I travel a lot globally, typically staying in the most high-end hotels).
There are only a handful of hotels actually in Camp's Bay and this is one of them, and probably the best (I have not heard otherwise from anyone else, including locals). You will not regret choosing to stay here, even if you only familiar with the most luxurious 5* establishments. This is one of them (albeit without a 5,000sqm spa). I will not hesitate to stay here again and I have already advised to two couples to do the same. Enjoy! And thanks to the Atlanticview team :-).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5-Star Graded Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel has 9 rooms and suites. This unique Cape Town Boutique Hotel is set high atop fashionable Camps Bay along the Riviera of South Africa. It has the most spectacular views of the sea and mountains. The position is perfect and convenient to all tourist attractions. Atlanticview Cape Town do not permit small children into the property. This is very popular with honeymooners and couples who wish to just get away with a bit of peace, quiet + relaxation. Well behaved teens and singles are welcome. This Cape Town Hotel has stylish air-conditioned, non-smoking rooms (three fifty to three ninety sq ft) and suites (six hundred to seven fifty sq ft). All with spectacular views, quality furnishings, all season goose down duvets (featherless available) and percale bed-linens. Master Bedroom, Penthouse, Infinity and Sunset Suites now have super king Tempur-pedic Mattresses for your maximum comfort and quality rest. Guests can have a work out in the gym, a dip in the pool, a relaxing massage or a run on the beach. Rates incl Taxes, Welcome Refreshments, Breakfasts, WiFi, use of the Gym, 2 Solar heated Infinity pools, Guests Computer plus a generous amount of Quality Wines with delicious home made Hors-d'oeuvres and Canapés every evening to celebrate the magnificent southern Atlantic sunsets.To serve you there are 18 young hotel professionals to 18 guests. Atlanticview Boutique Hotel Camps Bay has its own in-house fleet of air-conditioned Mercedes for airport and local transfers to the beach, restaurants or tourist attractions. There is a Range Rover for private tours to the Winelands or Cape Point or wherever you would like to go, all with a friendly face from the hotel behind the wheel. Atlanticview is the only Cape Town hotel of its size to boast this service as well as two Infinity pools for their guests to enjoy. Rates for the car service are little more than local taxis. It is excellent value as well as a safe, comfortable and convenient way of getting around. Camps Bay is one of the safest up market communities in Cape Town and is the only Atlantic Seaboard beach town with a promenade packed full of world class restaurants and bars. Reservations are all handled personally by the US owners. Cuisine Technology SA, the hotels sister company supplies all the top chefs and restaurants in the country making dinner reservations in the top venues possible. The owner is known for ringing the chefs private cell phones on occasion to get guests in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Atlanticview Capetown Boutique
- Atlanticview Capetown Boutique Camps Bay
- Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel Camps Bay