“A perfectly excellent boutique hotel - a home away from home!”

Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Thank you Atlanticview for a wonderful introduction to Cape Town. With nine unique rooms with views of ocean or mountains or both - we were constantly in awe of the beauty around us. Each room is complete with a kitchen and other amenities found in 6 star hotels......crisp linens, exquisite soaps, lotions and shampoos, fresh flowers (even a red Rose in a small vase hanging on the bathroom mirror).

Food is incredible, with a complimentary continental breakfast served in your room each morning that is beyond compare. Each day at 7 pm the hotel music changes from contemporary classical to Jazz indicating Happy Hour has started in the lounge where all congregate to share events of the day over complimentary wine and canapés - excellent restaurants are a stones throw away in Camps Bay and very inexpensive by NA standards.

The location is serene with the only sound, the tranquility pools flowing over in the back seemingly right into the ocean - you can lose yourself in your own thoughts (a bit scary at the beginning).

Three luxury cars with Atlanticview staff as drivers and guides are available to take you where you want to go on a moments notice, to a restaurant, museum, wine tour or drive to the cape of good hope to see the wild baboons - anywhere anytime at a small fee but well worth it - they have thought of everything.

We were in the Sunset room - a two level room looking out over the tranquility pool - you feel like you can wade into the ocean from the Rooney although it is down the hill and a distance away. The room also had a nice sitting area, a dining table and very nice small kitchen with MW and fridge. Also outside a table and chaise lounges with cushions overlooking the ocean.

I could go on and on - we travel frequently and the Atlanticview and it's people is impossible not to love. Thank you to Bobby and team for a great visit to the wonderful city if Capetown, we will return.

Room Tip: Sunset Room - beautiful ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I recently travelled to South Africa to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary. We planned 4 nights at the Atlanticview to commence our trip. The service prior to our arrival was brilliant and once we were there all of the staff were exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable about local restaurants and attractions etc. The hotel certainly lives up to its 5 star rating and was spotless. Greg Boki, the owner, has thought of EVERY little detail to make your stay special. The Mercedes that are available to deliver you and pick you up from wherever you would like is a master touch - we can think of so many places where this would be beneficial. We planned on returning to the Atlanticview for the final 2 days of our trip, having gone a Safari and toured the Garden Route, prior to returning to the UK. Unfortunately, my husband was taken seriously ill just prior to us returning and we had to cancel our stay at the Atlanticview. My husband spent 8 days in Intensive Care in the Mediclinic in Hermanus where he received the most fantastic treatment you could ever wish to have. Throughout this time, Greg kept in touch with me by e-mail on at least a daily basis. Things were needless to say very much up in the air in regards to when we could return to the UK. Our son came from Vancouver Canada to be with us - its tough having your partner so sick so far away from home alone!! Greg arranged for his pick up from Cape Town and had him driven down to Hermanus to be with us. Above and beyond! Once we knew when my husband could be released from hospital we had to spend a week in Hermanus then decided to travel back to the Altanticview - again Greg arranged for vehicles to come and collect us and take us back to the Hotel. The staff, especially Bobby, Jarryd and Mansur, greeted us like we were long lost friends - they couldn't have made us any more welcome. Greg called to make sure we had arrived safely - I have made a virtual friend for sure. The Altanticview is a truly amazing place to stay - the winetasting in the bar with the other guests in the evenings is a touch of genius and really enjoyable at the end of the day or prior to going out for dinner. We met some really interesting people there and got to know the staff better too. The tours that are available are well planned and Mansur is an extremely knowledgeable individual - as well as a great driver - and makes the trips very special. Thank you Atlanticview one and all for making what was originally planned to be a memorable trip even more special.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had a wonderful stay with my two adult daughters at Atlantic View - I could not stop smiling after I arrived and feeling hugely contented with my choice after simply ages researching possibilities and options in Camps Bay. Situated high up above the bay with the fabled awesome views, which left me sighing in delight, I had a very comfortable room and was superbly looked after by the friendly hotel team. Although I travelled alone for the first few days before my daughters arrived, the hotel team made sure I was well looked after - booking tickets for me to the mountain and Kirstenbosch gardens, recommending fab restaurants and running me around until I felt confident enough to rent a car and go further afield. I thought the little soirees/winetastings in the evening by the bar/lounge area with complimentary delicious canapes and free wine were an inspired idea, encouraging guests to meet and share their experiences of the day. This is optional, of course, but led to fostering a friendly, happy atmosphere in the small hotel. I only wished I could have stayed longer as I began to think of the hotel as my home from home in glorious Cape Town. It was very hard for any hotel that we went to on our wider travels afterwards in South Africa to match up to the Service at the Atlantic View. A real treat - but I am so glad I indulged myself - you will not be disappointed if you stay here. Be aware it is a little trek to the beach down the windy roads or better still - just ask the guys to run you there and back. Really enjoyed our tour of the Cape Point in the Range Rover with Mansur. Very entertaining- thanks for everything - One day I hope to come back!

Room Tip: Although I was very pleased with my Rock room if you jump up a level or have the balcony room I gues...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Positives
-views from room are exceptional
-awesome breakfast
-friendly service
-nice rooms comfortable bed

Points to note:
-need transfer to beach
-in house runs to camps bay beach cost money not obvious when they offer it
-no doorman to help you get bags out of taxi
-wifi has a limit of 200mbs, need to call them to increase once reached
-gym has no treadmill
-old style air conditioning units rather than fitted within wall
-gym cooling does not work
-limited room service menu

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TylerDLondon
WellTraveledandDined, Owner at Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Reputation Marketer,

It seems when low season kicks in and its quieter, our competitors stoop to low levels of marketing to damage others and boost their own ratings. This is an annual festivity.
While we do not believe you ever stayed with us and you clearly are a reputation marketer for our competition, we will have to address this. You have picked up snippets from old reviews to base your list of negatives and you couldn't have possibly stayed as you do not know the facts.
Yes the views are breathtaking and exceptional, the breakfasts are awesome, the service very friendly and we have lovely rooms updated annually. Yes, we have the best and most confirmable beds we could buy. In fact they are the same ones I (The Owner) have in my own homes in London and the USA. When guests arrive I cannot think of any occasion a guest carried their own bags in unless they refused help from my team who scurry when there is an arrival, surrounding the vehicle the guests are discharging from in order to assist. Usually it is one of our own luxury vehicles or a guests rental car, rarely a taxi. There has been no cap of 200mb now for 3 months as we have fibre optic super fast internet which is very stable. This is quite adequate for normal usage. We simply reset it for guests who use it more than others. It takes seconds. The gym in 14 yrs has never had a treadmill as most guests run the beach in the mornings. Knowing from our own apt building in London the treadmills are always out of order, I chose not to purchase one as service in SA is limited on imported touchy equipment such as a this. In our London apt block 3 out of 6 are out of order all the time it seems in the gym there, so we made a sensible decision. Isn't it more fun to run the beach in the morning? Something you can't do in London. The gym a/c does work perfectly and we have not had any complaints. Why didn't you mention it if you really stayed and had the issue. Just checked it again today and it works fine. So this is nonsense. All our rooms have new individual LG systems which are eco friendly and very efficient. We changed all of them in the last year so nonsense again dear Tyler. The room service menu is quite adequate. And if there was something in particular you wanted we would have made it for you. The costs of our car service is on the tour/service list left in your room on the bed upon arrival, also its attached to our email presentation when enquiring and also the competitive rates are in the guests information book left on the desk. If you didn't see these which you couldn't have cause you didn't stay then we are sorry. Where on the globe would you ask a hotel luxury vehicle with driver to take you somewhere and not expect to pay for it?? Hmmm? Our new fleet of luxury Mercedes are there for our guests convenience and we run the service at a loss so that our guests can enjoy comfort, security and style vs shabby stinky taxis who like to take guests on a rough ride wild goose chase. We are the only property of our size in Cape Town having only 9-10 rooms with its own fleet of 3 Mercedes and a Range Rover for private tours. Our guests feel more secure having a friendly face from the hotel behind the wheel. Your profile listing was examined by our IT department. Cute exercise to damage us. And if any of what you stated was true…then why didn't you bring it to anyones attention in the hotel? I hope you get paid well for your work and must say what comes around swings around. We hope you can sleep at night with your conscience. When you do eventually travel please travel safely.

Greg and the Atlanticview Team.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My new wife and I chose the Atlanticview after her long and thorough search. This seemed to be the place where people were consistently overwhelmed by what the hotel had to offer. It did not disappoint...from my first communications with Greg, everyone involved has been warm, friendly and helpful. Small details such as the evening canapes with wine at sunset have to be seen to be believed.

This is the first review I've written of an establishment, but this is because I have have never before felt compelled to try to convince people to come to a particular place. If one has the opportunity he or she should try to make it to Capetown at some point, but the question of where to stay and what to do is overwhelming in this city awash in luxury. In my opinion the former part of the question is answered: Atlanticview in Camps Bay.

I would say the only drawback to the place be that its unparalleled comfort and beauty saps ones urge to leave in the morning and see the rest of Capetown! The hotel seems to take great pains to achieve that perfect balance of providing their guests with adequate privacy while at the same time being easily accesible...it's a trick that not many places can pull off.

A direct statement...I have been all over the world and have been fortunate to stay in many luxury hotels. This is the nicest by a considerable margin.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Penthouse suite and the room is fantastic with sweeping views of the bay and the mo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just spent a magical weekend in this wonderful boutique hotel nestling on the back of Table Mountain overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Greg, Rainer and team have created a haven of luxurious comfort - beautifully appointed bedrooms, each with its own terrace with magnificent views, delicious breakfasts, a delightful cocktail space downstairs with beautiful, tasty canapes and a host of thoughtful details all delivered with a perfect combination of warmth and flair. A gem of a place which will not disappoint. Thank you all at Atlanticview.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our second romantic stay at this boutique hotel; excellent service, beautiful room and bathroom with a stunning view. The breakfast is incredible- delivered to your room and looks as if the chef got to work at 4 am to prepare such a work of art with fresh fruits, yoghurt, pastries and coffee which you can eat whilst enjoying the view. The handmade canapés and sun-downer is a lovely addition and we also enjoyed a lunch which was equally delicious. An absolute find and will certainly stay here again!
Thank you Atlantic View!

Room Tip: You must go!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
#10 of 12 in Camps Bay
Tintswalo Atlantic
Tintswalo Atlantic
#1 of 4 in Hout Bay

Been to Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!