“Views for DAYS!”

Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
Reviewed 13 July 2014

WOW! Just WOW. So, I'm the kind of guy who appreciates a good view. There’s nothing better than waking up to a beachfront sunrise. And the AtlanticView Hotel boasts one of those views that just reminds you how beautiful the world can be. Outside of every room is a 180+ degree view of Camps Bay and Signal Hill—my new favorite side of Cape Town. It’s a little quieter and more residential, but not too far from downtown at all. And just behind the property is the famous table mountain, a dramatic ascent that EVERYONE should climb during his or her stay in Cape Town. With twin infinity pools on the property you may not want to leave… but you HAVE to do this hike.

AtlanticView has the amenities and high-quality service of any five-star hotel, yet with the intimacy of a family-run bed & breakfast. Each morning we woke up to the most colorful continental breakfast spread… and as if that weren't enough… we ordered a tasty hot breakfast too. I recommend the truffle fries. Bobby at the front desk is the man. He gave us great recommendations of what to do in the city and went out of his way to draw up directions to a restaurant we went to.

Quick advice: occasionally the internet boots you off if too many people are at the hotel (our second night), but we were able to work around the issue by signing into another room’s account.

Overall, this hotel deserves all the rave reviews it gets on TripAdvisor. The warm and friendly staff at AtlanticView helped make our weekend in Cape Town a trip to remember.

Room Tip: There is no bad room here.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Atlantic View is a dream of a hotel. I've never had a better hotel experience. Located in Camp's Bay, a beautiful region of Cape Town with sprawling, colorful houses located in rising green hills. The red cliffs of Table Mountain rise behind the hotel, with Lion's Head and Signal Hill majestic in the distance and when the mist rolls softly off the bay to blanket the city and the clouds wrap low and pillowing around mountains you feel like you're floating.

Atlantic View epitomizes the model of a boutique hotel. When we walked into the office, a kind, lively, and interested concierge named Wendy immediately struck up conversation and remembered our names and where we were from for the rest of our stay. That gave us the sense that we had an immediate and real connection to the place, and made our stay feel all that much more personal. This ethic of hospitality extended to the rest of the staff. The hotel is so small (it probably holds 15 people or so) that you immediately have a personal relationship with all of the staff and all of the other guests as well if you'd like. The whole experience feels less like the kind of cold, sanitized, isolated experience that hotel stays have come to symbolize for me in the US and more like a home.

Every morning I would wake up and pull the curtain to reveal a glass wall and a view of the whole city and the glistening bay. A full complimentary breakfast, fresh, full, and delicious, would come and I would eat it on my terrace and think about how lucky I am that I found this place and how lucky I'll be if I ever get to come back. Thank you Atlantic View. You made my stay in Cape Town unforgettable.

Room Tip: They're all amazing but ask for an Ocean view rather than a Mountain view you won't be upset...
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My stay at Atlantic View Hotel was most pleasant. From our first steps in the hotel we were greeted by the kindest staff imaginable who remembered our names, our breakfast orders, and were very helpful in offering their suggestions for fun things to do in and around Capetown. The rooms were spotless and warm (my bathroom had a heated floor), and most, if not all, of the rooms come with a breath-taking ocean view. The staff serviced our room everyday and left our messy quarters as fresh and manicured as the delicately sliced fruit they brought to our room every morning.

The ambiance of Atlantic View is very mature. No children are allowed, so I would recommend it for those who want a quiet, luxurious stay in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. My lover and I had a wonderful time coming here and cannot recommend it enough.

The one bit of critique I have is that there was a small limit on the wireless internet, which was enough to do some light browsing and to take care of the plethora of important emails I receive on a daily basis. I had little problem with it, however, as I was enthralled by all Cape Town and the Atlantic View had to offer. Five stars.

Cheers!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My stay at the Atlanticview was stellar. The hotel is gorgeous, set in the hills overlooking Camp's Bay just behind table mountain. Our room had a wonderful ocean and mountain view—a beautiful place to watch the sunset or just take in Cape Town's natural beauty. What made the Atlanticview standout, though, was the terrific service: I've never stayed at a boutique hotel before, and I found the quality of service and attention to detail unlike anything I've ever found at a larger hotel. Wendy is genuinely friendly and made my group feel right at home. Bobby gave us some spot-on recommendations for things to see in the area. They and the rest of the staff made our stay.

ROOMS
I stayed in a room with two twin beds. Beds are heavenly and the pillows are divine, for all you folks out there who care about pillow quality. Big sliding glass doors out on to our own little slice of porch, great for morning coffee or whatever. Heated floors in the bathroom were a welcome surprise during this Cape Town winter! Our room was only accessible from the outside, and I enjoyed the feeling of living in our own little room with a view.

FACILITIES
The hotel seems like two residential properties that have been re-imagined as one hotel. It's quite a nice effect. Lobby upstairs, dining room and reception area downstairs, all facing out on a view of the bay. Next door the shared spaces are a lovely sun room and a small but functional gym. Both properties have very nice pools, although I can't say I tried the water. Good wireless internet all across the property.

FOOD
Breakfast is on point. Just everything you could ask for in a hotel breakfast, and then some. Whoever is in the kitchen is doing good things. There's a tasty buffet and seemingly whatever you might want can be made to order. Included with room fee, really terrific perk. There's also a wine reception during sunset hour. Great sampling of South African wines, good opportunity to meet other guests or get to know Wendy and Bobby better.

Altogether a wonderful stay. We rented a car to get us around—I think the atlanticview has some cars, but this allowed us to check out Simon's Town, Hout Bay, the Cape of Good Hope and drive in to town on our own time.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Atlanticview Hotel is a true gem in Cape Town’s Camp’s Bay area. From the moment you arrive the staff provides you with incredible service: a glass of mint water when you arrive, personal service to your room, assistance in using all of the many amenities that come standard. Each room has it’s own theme with special features. We stayed in the Rock Room, named for the protruding piece of mountain that the room is built around, a room with direct patio access, a beautiful ocean view, and every comfort one could want. Everyone was so friendly!

The Hotel’s public spaces are equally great. With two infinity pools, a balcony with a view of the bay, a living room with a guest kitchen (where breakfast is served if you’re staying in one of the rooms without breakfast delivered to your door), a gym, a public computer, and wireless internet, there is little else I could want. The guest kitchen is also where, at around 7pm each evening, wine and appetizers are served by a knowledgable member of the staff who will gladly tell you about the wine you’re drinking as well as give suggestions about where you might like to spend your evening.

It was truly a pleasure to stay at the Atlanticview. The blend of five star service with an intimate, cozy interior, is the perfect setting for a relaxing vacation to one of the most incredible cities on earth. Hope to be back one day.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My time at the Atlanticview Hotel in Cape Town was absolutely wonderful. Unlike most hotels I stay in (where I spend as little time in the room as possible) I wanted to come back to the Atlanticview every night.

The views from Camps Bay were stunning no matter where you are in the hotel, whether in your guest room or in the dining room downstairs or at the pool. This high up the bluff you have a panoramic view of Table Mountain, the beach, and the terrain to the South. It is almost worth it to stay here for the views alone. The pictures that the hotel posts on its website are stunning and they are realistic representations of the accomodations.

The location is very conveniently located near table mountain (10 minute drive) and if you would prefer, the hotel provides a reasonably priced transit service. The service was consistently first-class, with a thorough turn down multiple times a day. No detail has been overlooked -- rooms are beautifully decorated, well layed-out, comfortable, and immaculately clean. It becomes clear very quickly that the reason the hotel is so wonderful is the staff. I had the pleasure to speak with several staff members at length and they were all very nice and professional, and I had a great time speaking to them. The hotel also provided complimentary canapes and wine every night, and that's when I got to speak with the staff, especially Wendy. It was very fun to speak with her about her experience living in South Africa and also briefly in America.

The hotel makes it very clear upon checkin that they will go to any length to make your stay perfect. The guide to the your room mentions extensively that if there is any way the hotel can make your stay more enjoyable, they will make it happen, and I always saw that that was the case. The friend I was travelling with was on an irregular schedule and was able to have the gym opened outside of regular hours so that he could still complete his exercise regimen. I had been travelling for a very long time and desperately needed laundry done, and the staff was able to get it turned around in less than 12 hours. Every person who works here seems to truly enjoy making your stay as wonderful as possible, and it really shows.

I will absolutely be coming back to the Atlanticview the next time I am in Cape Town, and after my experience here, will now have an even greater motivation to come back!

1  Thank Nicholas M
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Our stay at the Atlanticview was fabulous. From the moment we entered the place we were treated so well that it was hard to leave the beautiful place to go see the beautiful city outside. Some of the highlights:

- The breakfast in the morning was great, a continental buffet PLUS one hot dish of your choosing.

- The room was fantastic ... an adorable little foyer with a short staircase up to where the bed was. The bathroom was great (rain shower~!) and the bed was cozy.

- The staff was extremely helpful in any way we needed them. Wendy, the manager, was really helpful with recommendations, and also was just a blast to talk with. Since the hotel is so small, it really felt like we were the only ones there, even if we weren't. She was able to help us in any way we wanted, and it was so nice to develop a personal connection with the staff in such a short trip (we were there three nights)

- Free wine and snacks at sunset was a wonderful feature!

We had a total blast at Atlanticview and I would recommend it to anyone heading to Cape Town!

As a sidenote, if you've got a car, it's a wonderful place to stay as it's very close to many sites that are a 5-minute drive away.

Stayed: July 2014
City Bowl
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
#5 of 110 in Cape Town Central

Been to Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!