“Unbelievable !!”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Unbelievable !!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

It was our 20th anniversary and we wanted to splurge on the last leg of our journey before heading back to reality. We were travelling with our 18 year old son and had booked the Sunset Suite with an extra bed for him Imagine our wonderful surprise when we were checking in to be told that the owner Greg had given us a complimentary room for our son. Such thoughtfulness and kindness Further when got to our room we were presented with a chilled complimentary bottle of champagne and delightful chocolates.Whilst the place was stunning and out of a fairy tale, with views that can't be matched; it was the owner, Greg, who made our trip memorable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Atlanticview really made my Mom's dream of visiting Cape Town a luxurious and truly memorable event. We got the penthouse which was so comfortable and spacious; the views were breath-taking. The staff was so welcoming, making us feel very important by greeting us with smiles every time we met each one. They showed interest in our trip and made every effort to make our entire trip unforgettable. I really loved the breakfast tray with assorted fruits and cheese, a feast suited for Royalty. Greg was so kind to offer us one more night's stay, on him!!

I will definitely recommend it to everyone I know. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the ocean are amazing!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hawthorne, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I could not be any happier with this hotel. Beautiful settings, great rooms, and best of all, amazing staff. Every single interaction with the staff was a positive one. We unfortunately checked out after a few nights, however If I had known how great it was, we would have gladly booked our entire Cape Town trip here. My wife and I really did appreciate the special treatments as well. The upgraded suite is amazing; the breakfasts are delicious and beautifully arranged; they surprised us with a bottle of bubbly the other evening; and everyone has done everything they can to make this a great trip. The meticulous attention to detail and pride everyone has in their job is unparalleled in any hotel I have stayed at. It's the attention to the small things that truly separates hotels from one another.

Please pass on our sincere gratitude to the entire staff; Wesley, Jared, Wendy, Monsieur, Bobby, the room cleaning staff and even the security guards (I don't think I opened my own door once since I stayed here).

This hotel is located in Camps Bay which is beautiful on it's own, but is also close to the VA waterfront which is just a short drive away. We wanted some piece and quiet so being a short ride away was perfect for us.

The car service provided by the hotel is so convenient and the tours they offer are outstanding. Our guides were fun, knowledgeable and even took special detours away from the normal itinerary to make sure we saw everything we wanted to.

Just an FYI- Our travels were during the winter months so we did not get to enjoy the pools, however it was still a beautiful time to enjoy South Africa. Prices are a bit cheaper this time of year and was a great way to extend our trip and get the best bang for our buck.

If we are ever lucky enough to get back to SA we will definitely be staying at this boutique hotel.

Room Tip: i like the suites on the same level as the pool. Provides for an amazing view at night!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Evan C
Hailey, Idaho
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Really impressed by the Atlanticview, Cape Town. I’ve stayed in maybe 10-15 hotels over the past few months, and this is the first one that I said I didn’t want to leave. The hotel provides an incredible view of the Cape Town coastline, Lion’s Head and Table Mountain.

It really feels like a home, rather than the impersonal experience of a large luxury hotel. The beds were soft and comfortable, and waking up to a heated floor in the bathroom and a full breakfast each morning was a highlight. The members of the staff were all very helpful and welcoming — the laundry service was just what I needed. Looking forward to being able to stay at the Atlanticview again soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ezra P
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 July 2014

As a first-timer visitor to Cape Town, I had no idea what to expect at the Atlanticview, but gazing off my deck every morning at beautiful Camps Bay vistas of the Atlantic and Table Mountain was one of the most breathtaking hotel experiences I’ve ever had. Arriving at the Atlanticview, I was greeted by friendly staff members – particular shout-outs to Bobby and Wendy for their superb service during our stay – who offered me a glass of refreshing apple-mint water and showed my boyfriend and I to Room 1 (the Master Bedroom).

The room was ideal in every way – a bunch of plush pillows, a deluxe king-size mattress, a wide-screen TV (on which we sampled from the Atlanticview’s extensive DVD list one night), ample closet space, dining tables inside the room and on our private balcony, skylights, and finally, a beautifully furnished bathroom complete with bath and rain shower.

For breakfast each morning, we enjoyed a delicious spread of rolls with marmalade, yogurt with fruit and granola, fresh fruit platters, and daily-changing fresh-squeezed juices (the homemade carrot-beet-ginger juice was my favorite) before a hot breakfast of three-egg omelets with tomatoes, mushrooms and savory truffle fries. The coffee was brewed strong and prepared us for full days of adventure in Cape Town.

It was especially nice to chat with the Atlanticview staff over canapés and wine, a daily hotel occurrence every day at sunset. Although I had no time to use the gym or solar-heated pools, all the facilities seem lovely. I would highly recommend the Atlanticview to all visitors to Cape Town interested in a quiet, intimate getaway with that special someone, overlooking the scenic Camps Bay landscape from your majestic private balcony. Until next time, Atlanticview!

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are lovely, although the "Master Bedroom" (Room 1) was especial...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aratner15
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My stay at the Atlantic view in Camps bay was tremendously enjoyable. Camps Bay itself is picturesque with a view of Table mountain and the Twelve Apostles on one side and the ocean cove itself on the other both visible from the hotel. I spent an afternoon in the town down the road (a three min drive or a lovely 10 min walk), and found cheap delicious food, friendly shops, and the beach itself (wow). In reality though, it was the Atlantic View itself that was the highlight of my stay. After having traveled for the previous month and a half all over Europe, I was ready for a relaxing stop where I could recharge, and this hotel was the perfect place. A few things in particular were outstanding. Free breakfast every morning was extensive and made to order (delish!). The staff was friendly and clearly very committed to making sure that my stay met my expectations in every way. They were ready with recommendations for fun things to do in the area and were maybe the most responsive to visitors needs of any hotel staff I've met. The rooms are huge and beautiful with great lighting, and waking up to the sun off the bay through them every morning was a joy. The only slight drawback of my time at the Atlantic View was that the Wifi was at times a litttttttle slow, but the staff was quick to help out. In such a gorgeous setting, it was hard not to see that as a sign that I should spend some time on the hotel pooldeck taking in the scenery and reading. Poor me! I highly recommend this place for all of its incredible amenities as well as for its general aura of excellence and its impeccable design. Thanks Atlantic View! I'll be back!

Room Tip: You really can't go wrong with any of the rooms but the one by the pool room 103 "The Rock...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014

yes.... the view is wondefull.... the rooms is clean.... but, the trasparence......
i was there one years a go.... (november 2013) i ask... can i have e bill... (receave??? in voice) i'm in a bussiness time, i need it
I diden't receave.... no answer... no mail.... nothing... strange... why??????

my friend BE Carefully

Mattia and friend from ITALY

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
9 Thank Mattia A
WellTraveledandDined, Owner at Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Readers,

These group of 4 booked through a third party agency on line. Not directly with us.
They no showed on their booking and are obviously unhappy they didn't receive a refund.
The invoice was automatically supplied/generated from the on line service they used so they have their billing info. This is clearly some disgruntlement from their no show however it was their choice not to turn up for what they had booked. It was no fault of ours. Guests who stay get their invoice at check out like any other hotel in the world so this statement they made is ridiculous. Unfortunately because of this outburst publicly we feel we have no choice but to add these peoples names to Guest Checker, a blacklist for hoteliers to check history of guests before they book in. This was an incident we feel other hoteliers should know about before booking these 2 couples in or the same thing may happen to them.

I trust readers will understand our position on this. Travel safely and enjoy every moment!

Warm regards,

Derwent House Boutique Hotel
#5 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Blackheath Lodge
#4 of 109 in Cape Town Central

Been to Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!