“Still great no misteak BUT very minor quibble”

The Hussar Grill Mouille Point
Ranked #26 of 1,193 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The original Hussar Grill in Rondebosch first opened its legendary brass doors in 1964 and today, after 50 years of excellence, it is regarded as one of South Africa's premier grillrooms. We go to endless lengths every day to maintain our multiple award-winning reputation by ensuring that we only purchase the finest and best quality produce available.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Minor quibble

I love this place yet as I am responsible to you the reader and Hussar Grill I must note

A virtue should not be allowed to become a vice

Thus I am forced to report that Hussar failed in service when accepting my order when in fact they were over run by us devoted Hussar devotees Yes I should have been advised that due to severe demands on their kitchen I would not be served timeously. This I would have accepted in good grace. HOWEVER I will return soon to Hussar soon for a wonderful evening.

Please note still 5 star Excellent

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Not sure how to edit my old review, anyway a few times I visited Hussar grill in green point and camps bay and got poor steaks, they invited me back at their cost and the steak was excellent, great service as always will definitely give them another visit.

1  Thank spennybig
Reviewed 18 July 2014

we ate for starters the "Tomato and onion salad" and "Cheesy garlic roll", for main dishes we ordered 300g beef fillet.
all the dishes was very delicious! service was very kind.
definitely recommended.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Steak was definitely up to scratch! Service was good with a welcoming hostess and nice warm vibe. Extensive wine list with a good selection.

HussarGrill, Digital CRM at The Hussar Grill Mouille Point, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear, caryntravelbug1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review for our Greenpoint Grillroom. Do visit us again!

Warm regards,
Hussar Grill

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Look these people are not on a learning curve They know what they are doing and have been doing so for 50 years YES 50 years

Game steaks Grilled Ostrich Fillet

Fillet Moutarde Man o man I enjoyed this

Tasty burgers offered

I will stop now it is for you to visit and have an adventure Tel 021 433 2081

HussarGrill, Digital CRM at The Hussar Grill Mouille Point, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear 871edieh,

Thank you for rating our Greenpoint Grillroom. Yes 50 good years and we are absolutely delighted that you can tell just how much experience and love is behind our brand and every single meal we prepare. Thanks again for taking the time to do this review.

Here's to another 50 years!

Kind regards,