“For inbound and domestic tourists”

Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre
Ranked #48 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Although we had to drive around the area several times before allocating it, we did not get any trouble from check in to check out. It was a walking distance to the amenities, quite and safe. Pity though, my room was facing away from Table Mountain, since I chose it I cant complain. The room was spacious enough, staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was superb. I would definitely stay there on my next trip to the Mother City and I would also recommend it to others.

Room Tip: go for the rooms facing Table Mountain
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear Sbongile
Thank you for your wonderful comments about Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre. It is particularly gratifying to note your comments regarding our team and the service that you received during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for a couple of days at the end of a business trip.
I drove from the airport and had a bit of trouble finding the car entrance since the entire area is blocked for cars.
Once I managed to get there everything went just fine.
The hotel seems newly renovated, the room I had was spacious and had everyting I needed.
Free breakfast is always included with the Express and now they also provide some free wifi which is great.
The only complain I das was that the heating was not working (may not even function at all) and it got a bit cold during th enight.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front street may be a little noisy during the night if located on lower floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob_Creek
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Bob_Creek
Grateful thanks for your recent review of our hotel and please accept my sincere apology for the intermittent fault on the air conditioning / heating system, which will be rectified immediately. I was pleased to note that all other aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed our Express Start breakfast which is complimentary to all our guests as well as our new addition of Standard Internet service free for all Elite IHG® Rewards Club members
Our location and proximity to local tourist spots and a wide selection of restaurants and coffee shops are unique features which many of our guests find appealing. We do hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is a newish hotel the building used to be an office block central location good for all the city centre attractions.
It is a budget hotel so don’t expect 5 star service. The staff are friendly and helpful Breakfast was OK the do not do lunch or dinner and there is no pool or Gym.
Overall OK. I was on a business trip had a bit of trouble using the business centre as the printer was US, and the hotel location is not ideal a bit too central.
I would stay there if I was on holiday you spend most of the day out and about so no need for a fuss

Room Tip: They are all the same
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Hydrous

Many thanks for your review of our hotel during your recent stay. I was pleased to learn that overall you find everything to your satisfaction.

Our location coupled with the ease of reaching most businsses and tourist attractions in the City Centre are some of our unique selling points. We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

The location of hotel is very goods, essay access to sightseeing.

Most important is hotel staff very very friendly and helpful, specially there is one girl, if I am not mistaken her name is Kathrine, very friendly / helpful...

But there was one problem with wi-fi, not easily available in the hotel, but can be ignore as overall hotel and staff are very very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Abbas B
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Many thanks for your very positive review of our hotel and I was pleased to note that everything was to your satisfaction. Our location to restaurants and shopping centres as well as tourist hotspots is a unique selling point which draws many of our repeat guests as well as new corporate and leisure clients. Our Internet service is currently under review and we hope to have a positive outcome in this regard shortly.

We do hope to be of service to you when you are next in Cape Town.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Perfect central Cape Town location to everything. From the arrival (doormen) to the front desk, the room, the bar, the breakfast crew everything in this hotel projects the famous South African Hospitality. The friendliness and helpfulness is evident with every encounter you make. The manager of the Hotel is to be complimented for the wonderful staff and their performance.

(I had to take a few pictures of the bathroom area, as I found a most creative way to use a door twice. Enlarges the bathroom and is so practical. Whoever came up with that you are a "Genius".)

Room Tip: 15th Floor - outstanding view of Table Mountain
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Staywme

Thank you for your review of our hotel relating to your recent stay. I was pleased that we were able to provide great service and that you had a memorable stay. All of my team members excel at their jobs and are true ambassadors for our brand.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

This hotel is all location, location and location - you mix in a little bit of great staff and you have a winning combination.

Spent 3 days at the hotel - and the staff were very helpful (the weather cleared and we decided to travel to the Tabletop Mountain) - The hotel staff checked the weather conditions, bought my tickets for the tabletop cableway and called for a cab as well - in the next 10 mins I was on my way (very efficient and helpful). They did arrange for a person to come with us to Mzoli's (trust me its a place to visit - even the staff would agree).

All in all a great hotel for the price
Some issues (if you can call it that - I perfectly enjoyed the hotel) - The room is quite small with an even smaller TV (I was not there to watch TV so didn't care). The room is very basic (with comfortable beds and pillows) - perfect for a tired day. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant within the hotel premises (if that's a concern for some people - again I didn't care too much). The breakfast is quite nice (decent spread). Slightly away from the main beaches.

Room Tip: Not sure if they have rooms over-looking the table-top (but we had a room over-looking the building...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaimumbai
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Jaimumbai,

thank you so much for the wonderful review of Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Center. We pride ourselves on the service provided to our guests. We are glad to hear we were able to exceed your expectations in that regard.

We do hope we have the privilege in welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Found the Hotel on the Internet. I stayed here for a week just being a tourist. I reserved it and price included a decent breakfast. The service at the hotel was very good. The front desk personnel were extremely helpful with directions and reservations. The parking valet was great. The Bartenders were friendly and knowledgeable. The only downside to the hotel was the extremely limited selection of television viewing.. One more thing, the free wifi window is not long enough. I would stay here again. The best deal in Capetown is the hop on hop off bus system.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends