Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Adderley Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Bar/Lounge
Townhouse Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Grand Daddy Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
Southern Sun Cape Sun(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
All reviewslong streetpedestrian mallhi expressst georges mallcentral locationper daybudget hotelgreen market squaregreenmarket squarecompany gardenswalking distancestayed at this hotel for nightsreception staffdouble bednight lifethe breakfast areatable mountain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Good value in an excellent location - right on St Georges mall. Near taxis, the train station, and many shops and restaurants. The room was basic, although it was large enough to accommodate us and our young child. The breakfast was standard and a good start to the day. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bill2013227
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear bill2013227
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I was pleased to learn of your great experience at our hotel, especially the comment relating to our location.
We look forward to being of service to you in the future and again thank you for your patronage and great comments.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed here and was super pleased with the location, although my taxi had a bit of difficulty finding it as its between two very tiny streets and doesn't have a driveway in front of it, just a pedestrian path. Within walking distance of many shops and dining options, an out door market and bus stops for MyCiti and the train station. Rate includes breakfast which wasn't bad either. Rooms are very clean as well, and cleaned daily. Free wifi (up to 100MB per day)! Has a nearby restaurant that will deliver and it can charged to your room as well.

Room Tip: Make sure to request non-smoking if you want as it as some rooms are smoking friendly!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ben W
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear Ben W

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I was pleased to note that you found our location convenient and our service and staff friendly and helpful.
My sincere apologies for the problem you encountered by not being able to locate us upon arrival. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Although we had to drive around the area several times before allocating it, we did not get any trouble from check in to check out. It was a walking distance to the amenities, quite and safe. Pity though, my room was facing away from Table Mountain, since I chose it I cant complain. The room was spacious enough, staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was superb. I would definitely stay there on my next trip to the Mother City and I would also recommend it to others.

Room Tip: go for the rooms facing Table Mountain
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sbongile
Thank you for your wonderful comments about Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre. It is particularly gratifying to note your comments regarding our team and the service that you received during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for a couple of days at the end of a business trip.
I drove from the airport and had a bit of trouble finding the car entrance since the entire area is blocked for cars.
Once I managed to get there everything went just fine.
The hotel seems newly renovated, the room I had was spacious and had everyting I needed.
Free breakfast is always included with the Express and now they also provide some free wifi which is great.
The only complain I das was that the heating was not working (may not even function at all) and it got a bit cold during th enight.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front street may be a little noisy during the night if located on lower floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob_Creek
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Bob_Creek
Grateful thanks for your recent review of our hotel and please accept my sincere apology for the intermittent fault on the air conditioning / heating system, which will be rectified immediately. I was pleased to note that all other aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed our Express Start breakfast which is complimentary to all our guests as well as our new addition of Standard Internet service free for all Elite IHG® Rewards Club members
Our location and proximity to local tourist spots and a wide selection of restaurants and coffee shops are unique features which many of our guests find appealing. We do hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is a newish hotel the building used to be an office block central location good for all the city centre attractions.
It is a budget hotel so don’t expect 5 star service. The staff are friendly and helpful Breakfast was OK the do not do lunch or dinner and there is no pool or Gym.
Overall OK. I was on a business trip had a bit of trouble using the business centre as the printer was US, and the hotel location is not ideal a bit too central.
I would stay there if I was on holiday you spend most of the day out and about so no need for a fuss

Room Tip: They are all the same
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Hydrous

Many thanks for your review of our hotel during your recent stay. I was pleased to learn that overall you find everything to your satisfaction.

Our location coupled with the ease of reaching most businsses and tourist attractions in the City Centre are some of our unique selling points. We look forward to being of service to you in the future.