I tried to like this place, I really did. But overall, it lacked warmth, and even some of the basics one might expect from the HI Express brand.
In the room: Fairly large room, nice comfy bed with oodles of pillows. The TV however was small and completely across the other side of the room. My optometrist says my eyes aren't what they use to be, but certainly not this bad. Move the TV or get a larger one folks!
In the bathroom: Most memorable was the mold growing on the ceiling of the restroom. It's not well-ventilated and not surprising this is here. Astounding is the amount present and how no one has bothered to attend to it. Otherwise, fairy small, with a shower head/tub sufficient for cleaning needs; nothing exciting to see here.
In the restaurant: HI Express brand serves a hot/cold light breakfast buffet. This hotel has taken it up a notch and serves this plus a few other home-cooked entrees along with a good selection of teas and coffee. Indoor and outdoor seating made breakfast a bit more enjoyable. Definitely a high point to the stay. They partner with two nearby restaurants for direct billing as well.
In the area: Really centrally located in town. The area in front of the hotel is home to street vendors by day selling all the typical tourist goods (shirts, trinkets and such), along with several retail stores. While heavy police presence by day, It does get a bit shady at night - and I have a high tolerance for shady,
In the gym: There isn't one! Arggggh.
Overall - Just OK. A walk around the hotel neighborhood will reveal other options with far better amenities and comparable prices likely without some of the issues addressed above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre. This hotel is ideally located in the centre of Cape Town, South Africa. The hotel offers convenience for business and leisure travellers with easy access to highways and being in close proximity from the world renowned Victoria & Alfred Waterfront Shopping Centre. The hotel overlooks the majestic Table Mountain. Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre features 173 contemporary style bedrooms individually airconditioned, offering guests a comfortable, warm and friendly stay. All rooms have en-suite facilities, power shower, direct dial telephones, work stations, safety deposit boxes, hairdryers, tea/coffee making facilities and televisions. WI FI in all rooms and public areas. Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre is committed to offering guests the best product combining convenience of location with the quality and value for which Holiday Inn Express is famous for throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre Hotel Cape Town Central
- Holiday Inn Cape Town
- Cape Town Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre South Africa