Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Adderley Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Bar/Lounge
Townhouse Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
Grand Daddy Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
Southern Sun Cape Sun(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
All reviewslong streetpedestrian mallhi expressst georges mallcentral locationper daybudget hotelgreen market squaregreenmarket squarecompany gardenswalking distancestayed at this hotel for nightsreception staffdouble bednight lifethe breakfast areatable mountain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Clean, good location, good spread at breakfast.

I did request a smoking room months befor arriving and did not get one - was too much of a hassle to change.

Receptionists were welcoming and friendly.

The biggest downfall was the parking ....!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brigitte H
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Brigitte H
Thank you for your review of our hotel and it was pleasing to note that overall we did exceed your expectations. My sincere apologies for the smoking room not being allocated as requested.
Thank you for the wonderful comments of our receptionists.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel upon your next visit to Cape Town.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I travelled to Cape Town for the weekend and was just looking for a simple hotel that was relatively cheap and was in a good location. I got exactly what I paid for and more. The customer service at the front desk was excellent and everyone always had a smile on their face which made the hotel feel homier. The hotel is close to Long Street, a market and a short distance to the waterfront. The only issue I experience was poor internet connectivity but I wasn’t there for the internet. Overall, great experience and would recommend the hotel if you just want a basic, cheap hotel with good service in a great location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Scotty6_87
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Scotty6_87
Thank you so much for your recent review of Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre. I was most pleased to read of your positive experience especially relating to the staff at the hotel. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you.
I can ensure you that your comments will be shared with our entire staff as this acts as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre a leader in excellence.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel when you are next in Cape Town.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and had a great experience. The best thing about the hotel is location, location, location. The hotel is 2 blocks away from Long Street, which is basically the hub for all the eating places, bars and night life. There is a street market right outside the hotel, which gives an opportunity to connect with the locals and buy South African Goods. The rooms were a little small (considering I am from US and here, room sizes are big), but wasn't a big issue, for the two of us. The breakfast had a buffet style arrangement and there were a lot of choices. The front desk was very helpful, they would arrange taxi for you, they also arranged the Cape of good hope tour for us. They upgraded us to a better, bigger room, as our room was still not serviced and they didn't want us to wait. All the restaurants were close by. Table mountain is about 15 minute drive from the hotel. V&A waterfront is a 15 min walk from the hotel. Overall, very satisfied with my stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear toobrown
Grateful thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre. It was pleasing to note your positive experience and we appreciate your feedback and comments. Our location is definitely very convenient for both our leisure guests and our corporate guests.
We hope to be of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Booked a twin room , two adults , one night
Confirmed two days prior that room was twin for two adults one night.
Arrived receptionist had took it upon herself to give my twin to someone else and give my friend and I a double. Her colleagues who where awesome gad to deal with her mess. I was firstly offered a wheely bed , then a mattress on the floor , for R1250 per night. I was eventually given the disabled room and my friend kept the double room. The manager made it sound the next day like she had done me the favour. All other staff where great. Bed was comfy. Room clean although a death trap in my opinion. I explained although I understand cape town to be the gay capital of South Africa I had yet not decided to ho to the other side.

Room Tip: Put under special instructions ... Do not give my room away.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Aileen G
Thank you for your review recently and at the outset I would like to offer our sincere apologies for the problem that you encountered with our hotel during your stay. The required room type not being available that you had requested is sorely regretted. We have been experiencing extremely high occupancies recently and unfortunately an error was made on our part. The offer of the second room on a complimentary basis was made not as a favour but rather as compensation for inconvenience that you experienced.
Our aim is to provide all our guests with a seamless and memorable experience and regrettably this was not the case during your stay.
Again, my sincere apologies for this unfortunate incident.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in February. It is a good base to explore Cape Town. The V & A Waterfront is very nice with lots of restaurants and shopping etc. but the city has allot of good souvenir markets and landmarks which require a visit. Therefore I think because of the substantial difference in price the city hotels are better value for money. The Holiday Inn Express is clean and comfortable. The rooms don't have a fridge and the beds are a double only (They don't have queen or king beds) these would be my only 2 criticisms. The breakfast is fine, nothing special but it's free and there is enough variety. There are a few good quality restaurants right on the doorstep in St George's Mall. The Red hop on Hop off bus picks up only a couple hundred meters from the hotel at St George's Cathedral.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Kate C
Thank you so much for your recent review of Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre. Our location is one of the positives of the hotel as we are conveniently located to many of Cape Town's tourist attractions and are surrounded by many wonderful restaurants, coffee shops and pubs.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel upon your next visit to our beautiful city.