“Good location; Medium Service...”

Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre
Ranked #46 of 111 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed in this Holiday Inn for 3 days and loved the location. It was in the middle of the bazaar with lots to walk around and explore with. Clean. Good breakfast with friendly people. There were two things - getting in and out of this place is a bit of a hassle as it is difficult to get in and out. The other letdown was that I booked the shuttle service to the Airport from the hotel at kept waiting for it to arrive.... 30 minutes later I just had to get an alternative and was close to losing my flight... a rather unnecessary complication in an otherwise good stay... the hotel has to be more careful on how they manage their service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amit_Sengupta
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Amit_Sengupta
Thank you for your review recently and at the outset I would like to offer our sincere apologies for the problem that you encountered with our hotel during your stay at our hotel.
Our aim is to provide all our guests with a seamless and memorable experience and regrettably this was not the case during your stay.
All of your comments, especially regarding the delay with the airport shuttle pick up have been noted and the appropriate action will be taken to remedy the areas requiring improvement.
Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to being of service to you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed just one night with my family, we had rooms rooms beside eachother which was great, ive stayed in many hotels around the world and have to say the best check in I've ever had was at your hotel, didnt get the guys name but he was very welcoming. Breakfast was also lovely. Next time we come back it will be for a longer period of time.

• Stayed: March 2014
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear 1krissy8

Thank you for kind recommendations on the service received by the team and I will most definitely share your kind words with all of the fellow team members at the Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Right in the centre of Cape Town. Really good quality accommodation and helpful staff. We had a 'family' room with three beds which was very good value. Quiet, comfortable and we had a great stay. Had to pay for car parking, but this was right next to the hotel and secure, so quite happy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
1  Thank Tom G
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Tom G
Thank you for your review of our hotel during your recent stay. I was pleased to read of your positive comments regarding location and convenience. I note your comments on friendliness at our front desk. We do offer limited parking which is on a first come first serve basis and is located below the hotel or in the adjacent building.
We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Clean, good location, good spread at breakfast.

I did request a smoking room months befor arriving and did not get one - was too much of a hassle to change.

Receptionists were welcoming and friendly.

The biggest downfall was the parking ....!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brigitte H
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Brigitte H
Thank you for your review of our hotel and it was pleasing to note that overall we did exceed your expectations. My sincere apologies for the smoking room not being allocated as requested.
Thank you for the wonderful comments of our receptionists.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel upon your next visit to Cape Town.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I travelled to Cape Town for the weekend and was just looking for a simple hotel that was relatively cheap and was in a good location. I got exactly what I paid for and more. The customer service at the front desk was excellent and everyone always had a smile on their face which made the hotel feel homier. The hotel is close to Long Street, a market and a short distance to the waterfront. The only issue I experience was poor internet connectivity but I wasn’t there for the internet. Overall, great experience and would recommend the hotel if you just want a basic, cheap hotel with good service in a great location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Scotty6_87
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Scotty6_87
Thank you so much for your recent review of Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre. I was most pleased to read of your positive experience especially relating to the staff at the hotel. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you.
I can ensure you that your comments will be shared with our entire staff as this acts as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre a leader in excellence.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel when you are next in Cape Town.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and had a great experience. The best thing about the hotel is location, location, location. The hotel is 2 blocks away from Long Street, which is basically the hub for all the eating places, bars and night life. There is a street market right outside the hotel, which gives an opportunity to connect with the locals and buy South African Goods. The rooms were a little small (considering I am from US and here, room sizes are big), but wasn't a big issue, for the two of us. The breakfast had a buffet style arrangement and there were a lot of choices. The front desk was very helpful, they would arrange taxi for you, they also arranged the Cape of good hope tour for us. They upgraded us to a better, bigger room, as our room was still not serviced and they didn't want us to wait. All the restaurants were close by. Table mountain is about 15 minute drive from the hotel. V&A waterfront is a 15 min walk from the hotel. Overall, very satisfied with my stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear toobrown
Grateful thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre. It was pleasing to note your positive experience and we appreciate your feedback and comments. Our location is definitely very convenient for both our leisure guests and our corporate guests.
We hope to be of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Booked a twin room , two adults , one night
Confirmed two days prior that room was twin for two adults one night.
Arrived receptionist had took it upon herself to give my twin to someone else and give my friend and I a double. Her colleagues who where awesome gad to deal with her mess. I was firstly offered a wheely bed , then a mattress on the floor , for R1250 per night. I was eventually given the disabled room and my friend kept the double room. The manager made it sound the next day like she had done me the favour. All other staff where great. Bed was comfy. Room clean although a death trap in my opinion. I explained although I understand cape town to be the gay capital of South Africa I had yet not decided to ho to the other side.

Room Tip: Put under special instructions ... Do not give my room away.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Aileen G
Thank you for your review recently and at the outset I would like to offer our sincere apologies for the problem that you encountered with our hotel during your stay. The required room type not being available that you had requested is sorely regretted. We have been experiencing extremely high occupancies recently and unfortunately an error was made on our part. The offer of the second room on a complimentary basis was made not as a favour but rather as compensation for inconvenience that you experienced.
Again, my sincere apologies for this unfortunate incident.