I only stayed one night here, but the hotel feels like a great deal: excellent price (during the World Cup, and still a reasonable £75 per night), completely new rooms, spotless bathrooms, lots of modern amenities… the place even smells nice. Really there is no point in giving details about the room or the facilities. The room is roomy, new, and with that undefined quality that only a chain hotel has. Lots of people complain about the lack of charm or character of chain hotels, but lets be honest: sometimes all you want is a Holiday Inn, a Marriott, or a Hilton. They let you forget about the hotel, and focus on the trip.
Location: The hotel is at St Georges Mall (the main pedestrian street of the City Centre), close to everything. It is a good walk or a short ride to the V&A Waterfront. It is safe, and surrounded by good places to eat, and to shop. I love Cape Town, and would recommend the city to anyone.
Of course you can find little guest houses and five stars hotels all over the city. Luxury, character, beach front location: you can find it all in Cape Town. But, as I said above, sometimes you should care less about the hotel and more about the town. For those occasions, there is nothing like a brand-new place, and this one fits the bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre. This hotel is ideally located in the centre of Cape Town, South Africa. The hotel offers convenience for business and leisure travellers with easy access to highways and being in close proximity from the world renowned Victoria & Alfred Waterfront Shopping Centre. The hotel overlooks the majestic Table Mountain. Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre features 173 contemporary style bedrooms individually airconditioned, offering guests a comfortable, warm and friendly stay. All rooms have en-suite facilities, power shower, direct dial telephones, work stations, safety deposit boxes, hairdryers, tea/coffee making facilities and televisions. WI FI in all rooms and public areas. Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre is committed to offering guests the best product combining convenience of location with the quality and value for which Holiday Inn Express is famous for throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, IHG, Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre Hotel Cape Town Central
- Holiday Inn Cape Town
- Cape Town Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre South Africa