“Friendly and homely”

Ranked #23 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Friendly and homely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

My partner and I stayed at VR for 16 days over December and enjoyed our stay immensely. The room we initially stayed in was large, comfortable and clean. Being one of only 2 pet friendly guesthouses in the cape town area, we didnt know what to expect, but our dogs were welcomed with open arms and I can say that they definitely felt at home throughout their stay. Lynn and Heather were wonderful hosts and went out of their way to help when we wanted to stay on a few more days and I have to agree, the homemade seed bread is reason alone to stay at VR *smile*!

I wish there were more pet friendly places like this but then again, I wouldnt want to stay anywhere else.

The villa is right on one of the busier roads but the car noise was not excessive.

Grant

Room Tip: We had a look at all rooms and all are spacious, except the little one on the outside (room 1) but t...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Antibes, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

Me and my parents stayed for 23 days in this lovely, Victorian Guesthouse. Shops and small restaurants are close by and we even had a sea view from our nice balcony.
Managed by the fantastic sisters, Heather and Lynn, it made our stay in Cape Town unforgettable.
Any questions we had, they answered it, any problems, they solved it.
I am a Head-Butler by profession and I can truly say that it is a little gem in the midst of all the big hotels in Cape Town. The breakfast was always delicious and they try and use homemade products as much as they can. Papi bakes the bread and it is lovely,all their staff keeps this place up to high standards and they're such lovely and devoted people rarely found.
We miss it badly and shall surely return!! You definately won't be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs have the balcony to share with a sea view
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
lynnstaceyCapeTown, Owner at The Villa Rosa, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
Thanks! We're missing you all madly too. We've been having a heatwave in Cape Town for the past 3 weeks or so, you would have loved it. We hope you're not too freezing over there in Europe and that you have had a wonderful Christmas. We all wish you a fantastic 2013, when we hope to see you again!
With our very best wishes
Lynn, Heather and Team Villa Rosa
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

This quaint guest house was adorable! We were booked here by our AMAZING expert consultant for safari Travel – Hospitality Afrika, run by Diana Smullen , a past honorary ranger and conservationist with an insight into the bush. She helped us book our entire South Africa trip and I would have not done a thing differently!!! A complete VIP experience! The Villa Rosa was in our itinerary as we needed to stay close by to a Jewish Area. Recommended if that's what you have to do too. The breakfast was adorable and they offer kosher as well. The room with white roses and tons of sunlight was movie-esque! We loved it!

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool but I can't figure out how to delete my rating off that line. :)
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeeKay8
We're really glad you so enjoyed your stay at The Villa Rosa - we hope you'll celebrate every wedding anniversary back here!! Happy holidays and everything of the very best for 2013 and onwards...........
Lynn, Heather and the Villa Rosa team
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

Having spent many holidays of 3 weeks each at this very comfortable, welcoming and tastefully decorated B&B we look so forward to spending our December 2012 holiday again at The Villa Rosa. Our room is airy, spotlessly clean, comfortable and neat. Love the fluffy, white, crisp cotton duvets. Shops and Sea Point beaches are a few minutes walk away and Clifton, Camps Bay beaches and V&A waterfront are only a few km away. Beach towels and umbrellas are available. Breakfasts are so fresh and delicious which always include scrumptuous wholewheat bread and crispy croissants. Parking is in a guarded area.Staff are well trained and always so pleasant, friendly and helpful. If you are looking for super accommodation where hosts (Lynn, Heather and staff) really care - look no further!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
lynnstaceyCapeTown, Owner at The Villa Rosa, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Many thanks! As always, we're looking forward to having you to stay again this December.........
Best wishes from Lynn, Heather and Team Villa Rosa
Hermanus, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

I visit Cape Town for meetings regularly and always stay at the Villa Rosa. It is comfortable ,well organised and exceptionally friendly. It is also very conveniently situated. On occasions, I have booked several rooms for my overseas guests and Heather and Lynn have managed to create a wonderful family atmosphere. Any guests who require a Kosher breakfast and are Shabbat observant would find it hard to find anywhere better able to accommodate them

Room Tip: I love the smaller rooms but the self catering unit is great as a family centre
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thanks Ann! We love your regular visits and updates on your travels and your pets!
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Lynn, Heather and the team
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

every year my husband & myself (age 60+) return to this b&b for 2 weeks around xmas-new year, visiting our daughter & granddaughter. we have our beautiful room waiting for us & the owners with their warm welcome greeting us. it feels like returning to our second home. the room is very big, the bed has white linen & a full duvet cover, the bathroom is huge & has a shower & a bath. breakfast has the famous SA bread & fresh fruits, baked goods, eggs to order & much more. even my special yogurt is waiting for me. the location is great, walking distance to Sea Point main road. it's 5 minutes drive to Camps Bay & Clifton beaches & 5 minutes drive to the water front mall (the VA). there is parking for the car & beach towels & beach umbrellas to borrow. every thing we need is there to make our vacation a pleasure. see you again, in Dec 2012 Lynn.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Thanks! We're really missing you this year but it's great to have Derek here at least! And of course your daughter to breakfast every morning.
But we're already looking forward to seeing you next year.
Lynn, Heather and the team
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

I stayed at The Villa Rosa last year December for a week. I had a big operation a few weeks prior & was still recovering, but this holiday was planned since April. I received the warmest welcome by Lynn, Heather & the most adorable doggies. They made me feel so welcome. My room was small, which I preferred, but so comfy & I had a perfect view of the see. They were always so helpful & the staff was amazing. They even recommended a doctor a few blocks away, as my dressing needed to be changed & they even offered to take me there themselves. The breakfast was always delicious & they make THE MOST heavenly health bread. They bake every day. The bus routes are only a few blocks walk away & the promenade is also just a short walk away. The Villa has such a charm about it. I would recommend it to anyone;-)

Room Tip: For a single person, or even a couple, who will basically just be sleeping over, I would recommend t...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo