“Top Notch Hotel Experience!!!”

Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I chose the Glen Boutique Hotel partially because of the reviews here, and just because I wanted to stay somewhere a little more intimate. I've found that you can't always depend on reviews but in this case The Glen Boutique lived up to every one, and exceeded most of them.

The room was very clean, which is always most important to to me, and very stylish while still making me feel right at home. It had all the amenities I could imagine needing. I was able to work and relax in comfort and luxury.

Although everything was excellent, the staff was the best part of the visit. From the time I walked in the door I felt like I was among friends. The restaurant in the hotel topped it all. They food was awesome. The presentation looked like it was done by a top food stylist, and although I didn't think it was possible it tasted even better than it looked. I can't say enough nice things about my waiter Bogdan. He made me feel like I was the only diner in the restaurant. He not only fulfilled every request but anticipated a few I didn't even know I had! He also took time to introduce me to Clara the chef so I could thank her personally for the amazing food she prepared. Once I ate one meal here, I had no interest in dining elsewhere.

Needless to say I will be returning to the Glen Boutique soon and often!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rod T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and i spent a night at this little gem and had a wonderful time. The check in was completely painless combined with a much needed welcoming drink. The room is a lovely size and we instantly jumped into our fluffy white gowns and headed for the sauna and jacuzzi. It was heaven. We managed to lock our personals inside the safe and the staff sorted the problem lightning fast with much humor to erase our embarrassment. The room was beautiful and the whole hotel has small little touches of beauty around every corner. Breakfast was outstanding and i can truthfully say we were very sad to leave. Little things like the in house washing cloths, lovely soft gowns and little sewing kit and nail files was the cherry on a very beautiful cake. We will return and advise every one we know to also visit this little piece of heaven. Well done!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anriacoetzer
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Glen was a wonderful hotel that met all our expectations. Everyone we dealt with always had a smile on their faces and very helpful and professional. Phillip took my booking that included a double room and car for 3 days, the car was brand new and the room was lovely, spacious and clean. Breakfast was amazing, we had all the choices of continental and a warm breakfast. Thank you to Phillip and his team who really went the extra mile to accommodate all our needs.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Our stay at the glen hotel, capetown, was absolutely fabulous. We stayed here for 5 nights and checked out today morning. The entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The assisted us with the entire bookings right from the whale watching and shark cage diving, to renting a car to bookings for gold reef city theme park in joburg and vineyard tour in stellenBosch. Thanks a ton to Phillip, Riaan and Morris for extending tremendous assistance with regards to everything. The breakfast and overall service was very good. We being a couple, we were also accommodated with a better room after 2 nights of staying with them, inspire of the hotel running full. We were also assisted with the car tyre puncture by the hotel guys and directions / maps to local sight seeing spots with safe & convenient timings. Wud very highly recommend the glen hotel for couples, family, friends and for people on business trips too. I hv never experienced such hospitality ever before.

Also a very big thanks to trip advisor as we got a car hire free from the hotel as we had booked 5 nights with the glen. This was made poss only by trip advisor and we hv done all our future bookings through this sight.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a week at the Glen. We stayed in a deluxe room with a lovely comfortable bed, huge bathroom with fantastic shower, TV, DVD and private patio. The pool areas are lovely. The breakfast was great with good variety. The Glen is in Seapoint but it was very easy to get taxis to the main areas and very reasonable. The hopper bus stop is a short walk away. Outstanding though are the staff. They cannot do enough to help, gave great advice on things to do, travel tips, bookings etc, were always smiling and gave a great service. They are all a credit to the Glen. We expect to visit Cape Town again next year and we will stay at the Glen again.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Glen Boutique Hotel during our stay in Cape Town, and we can't say enough good things about it! From the moment we walked in the door (after an 8 hour flight), the staff warmly welcomed us. The service, food, and accommodations were top notch. We wished we could have stayed at the hotel longer!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Perfectly situated a little away from the tourist traps but within easy reach of everything you'd ever need in Cape Town - from the beaches to the shopping - The Glen is a lovely piece of unpretentious indulgence. Steam room in season, knowledgeable guest liaison staff, superb food and those little touches that make this "excellent", not just "very good". A lovely double pool, plenty of multi-level relaxation areas and a certain pizzazz of ambient music and subtle furniture and art/display, this is THE place to stay in the Mother City. Love it.

Room Tip: Note this is on a road called "The Glen", not Glen Road - there's a street of that nam...