Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$200
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$148
  • Pool
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$144
  • Pool
Hippo Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$62
Agoda.com
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$238
US$231
Hotels.com
The One 8 Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$100
Agoda.com
Sugar Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$142
US$276
US$258
  • Pool
Parliament Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$66
  • Breakfast included
Rockwell All Suite Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$152
1,148 results
All reviewssea pointgay friendly hotelthe penthousepool areawelcome drinknespresso machinecar hirespecial thanksthe general managerhotel is beautifulcape pointour honeymooncamps baybreakfast was amazinghot breakfaststandard roomwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We moved here from another hotel out on the quiet outskirts of cape town and didn't get off to the best start, although absolutely beautiful the hotel is at present opposite a slightly noisy building site... I say this not to put you off as once inside the rooms you would not know and the beautiful pool area is not spoilt by a little background noise, which does not start too early and is usually finished by mid afternoon. But it is the amazing staff that make this place really special, going over and above at every oppertunity and always with a cheerful smile. Philip at front desk could not have been more welcoming or accommodating and after I fell Ill Abigail quickly and happily moved all obsticles to make us a comfortable as possible. Even to the point where whilst we were slightly lost wandering a local street one of the staff who was off duty recognised us and pulled over in his car to show us the way back. The amenities are of a high standard, our room was spacious and very beautifully presented, the pool area is well kept and relaxed with a bar offering table service from your loungers and a restaurant menu for lunch by the pool. The breakfast offered with the rooms is a very generous continental buffet with additional cooked options offered at good rates. Overall a very positive stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The personalized service at the Glen is truly exceptional. The management is fantastic and the team go out of their way to ensure a safe, friendly and fun experience in Cape Town. The location is great and whilst not directly on the beach, the facility is in a location close to all of what CapeTown has to offer. The hotel decor is lovely and the location is vibrant, secluded and private.

The hotel also has a private car rental service which was great. Once again great hotel and a team that really care! Thanks guys on a pleasant stay. Daniel B.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My girlfriend and & I spent 6 nights in The Glen this January, one of the best boutique hotels we have stayed at, the staff are incredibly helpful, friendly and accommodating ... first impressions count, and the warm and genuine welcome you receive at The Glen is second the none. The food is delicious, particularly the breakfast, a highlight. We'll be back and have recommended this hotel to so many of our friends since we returned home .... what a gem!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

So, I really wanted to like The Glen based on the reviews I read.

My friend and I stayed here in January. Couple of things - my friend found a used band-aid (GROSS) in her shower, complained and The Glen didn't seem to think it was a big deal. She dropped off her laundry, and they lost a pair of shorts for a couple of days. Again when we complained, it was treated as not a big deal and no one could tell us where the shorts were for at least a few hours.

My AC unit in my room was really finicky. It kept turning off every couple of hours. Other than that, I didn't have complaints about my room.

Breakfast was good at The Glen - fresh fruits, yogurts, juices and then a hot menu made to order. I wish I could say the same about dinner. First of all, dinner service is SUPER slow. My friend and I ordered a mezze platter - which took 45 minutes to prepare. We then wanted to order delivery, and the front desk person told us it would take too long and he recommended ordering from the menu. Our entrees (an omlet and fish) took over an hour to prepare. And unfortunately, weren't very good. So I would highly recommend not eating dinner here.

I wish we would have stayed somewhere that was walking vicinity to restaurants/bars, had better service and truly cared if we were satisfied.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank gte478p
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We've just spent 7 days at the marvelous Glen Boutique Hotel in Sea Point, Cape Town. We would return. Excellent. We had Suite 1 with its own private balcony in the old house and a huge bathroom. But if you really want to splash out, go for The Penthouse with its spectacular views. The Breakfast Buffet is unbeatable, and the team are terrific especially on the Front Desk.They are amazing at booking you theatre tickets, restaurants and they came to our rescue when we were let down on our car hire and sorted out a car from their own fleet which they rent out. Well done that dedicated team from front desk to waiters to cleaners, the place is spotless.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple