Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Atico Of Penthouses(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Sweet Ocean View Guesthouse(Cape Town Central)
  • Bar/Lounge
Spring Tide Inn(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Cascades on the Promenade(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Premier Hotel Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Riviera Suites(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
The Hyde All-Suite Hotel(Cape Town Central)
1,147 results
All reviewssea pointgay friendly hotelthe penthousepool areawelcome drinknespresso machinecar hirespecial thanksthe general managerhotel is beautifulcape pointour honeymooncamps baybreakfast was amazinghot breakfaststandard roomwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have just spent six nights at the Glen. I often tend to use the 'tried and trusted' hotel chains when travelling on business, but on this occasion decided to try this small boutique hotel.

I am so glad I did! Everything about my stay at the Glen exceeded my expectations. The room was huge and beautifully furnished - the bathroom alone was bigger than many hotel rooms I have stayed in. The whole atmosphere of the hotel is one of elegance and every inch appeared to have benefited from top-quality design skills.

The hotel is an attractive and safe residential area, but only a very short walk from a good selection of restaurants in Sea Point.

I was out of season to make the most of the lovely pool area, but that aside, nothing more could have been done to make my stay enjoyable. Lovely food (superb breakfasts) and above all friendly, ultra-helpful staff who seemed to be genuinely pleased to see you every day.

The spa was available but not used by me.

I would certainly stay here again and will definitely be more open-minded about my hotel choices in the future!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We recently returned from our 8day visit to Cape Town and our stay at the elegant Glen Boutique Hotel. We can only speak in superlatives about the service we received from every member of the hotel staff. They cater to your every need with such positive attitudes and it speaks well of the support they receive from the entire management team.

The hotel itself is beautifully appointed and tastefully decorated - an absolute delight for all of the senses. The food is well prepared and presented to delight the palate.

We would recommend this hotel to everyone without hesitation! We will be back for sure!

Jenny and Bill Henry

Room Tip: Our suite #11 was down a flight of stairs that could be a bit treacherous because there are no handrails.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JenJam730
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed with my 23 year old daughter at the Glen Boutique Hotel for 4 nights in April 2014.

First point was the delightful guy who picked us up from the airport. Rather than the shuttle bus referred to in the website, it is a chauffeur driven car. And what a nice guy! Informative too. Just about twenty minutes to the hotel.

The hotel's location is also good in Cape Town Central, Sea Point - quiet, but only a short walk from the busier Main Road, and not much further down to the Beach Road, the wonderful long and active promenade and the sea of course. As soon as you walk through the hotel gate, you enter a beautiful, interesting, intriguing, chic, delicious little hotel! There are no rooms higher than 4 (or 5?) floors. Our balcony overlooked the small but perfectly formed pool. And our room was first class.

But it was the warmth and excellence of the service from owners and staff alike that we relished the most. My daughter (23) and I LOVED it! Nothing was too much trouble for anyone, and we gained a lot of valuable information from the enthusiastic, delightful staff. We also hired one of their four cars for the day to go down to the Cape of Good Hope, about 2hours drive away, popping by Boulders beach en route.

We cannot recommend the Glen Boutique Hotel enough.

PS And don't forget to try the magical Mojitos at one of their two bars!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret D
Reviewed 14 May 2014

As a TV/Film DOP, Camera operator & Photog traveling all over the world & being very fortunate to stay in 7 star hotels in Dubai, top homes in the country, filming International celebs with work I need to say staying at the The Glen Hotel in Sea Point, Cape Town, South Africa, my home town, I was blown away. With their 24hr service, unsurpassed Hospitality & Accommodation it was clear to us we will not stay anywhere els in Cape Town ever again. I have booked our next stay already. Looking forward indeed. Gustav & Emsie

Room Tip: Every ultra modern Room in the "The Boutique Hotel has it's own unique Charm located close to Cape Town CBD in Sea Point with Spectacular views, Unsurpassed 24 hours service, Airport Shuttle assistance & their own Car rental offering it will stay my first choice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gustav O
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed 4 nights at The Glen and really enjoyed it. The property is luxurious and stylish without being pretentious. The rooms are modern minimalist and beachy crisp. Especially enjoyed the poolside balcony. Everything was great, especially the staff.. high service without attitude. there were a few technical issues with equipment in the room, but all was responded to and corrected quickly. Hot tub and steam room were not warm. The Glen markets itself as "premiere gay hotel in Cape Town" though we arrived to mostly straight couples and families? So we would say it is a "straight-friendly" hotel... all was well and very comfortable but this is not a men-only property.
We would book again in a minute.

Room Tip: Get an upper room poolside.. the views are better with balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple