“They could not have been more helpful”

Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“They could not have been more helpful”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

A lovely hotel in a good location. Rooms were spacious and comfortable - my only grouse (and it's a small one) was the location of the light switches, which was challenging to say the least!!). The staff were hugely helpful - we only had one night and one day - they booked us onto the city bus trip, booked our restaurant for the night and the taxi that took us back and forth.Breakfast was delicious as was the lunch we had just before we left. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Capetown. My one word of caution would be don't believe the staff when they tell you the Waterfront complex is only 25 mins walk - it took us over an hour!! Perhaps they are joggers!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GlenBoutiqueHotel, General Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Glen. We are looking to move the light switch for the bathroom in this room to make it easier to find. Once again, thank you for your stay, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. The Glen Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

A home away from home! Visited Cape Town towards the end of May for a weekend and could not have ended my trip to South Africa on a better note than staying at the Glen Hotel. The whole experience from the first day I've arrived and upon departing will never be forgotten... Nothing was to much trouble for the staff and always offered a warm caring smile to every requests. Everything about my stay exceeded my expectations and beyond. Thanks to Mark, Phil and your wonderful team for an amazing experience and rest assured you will see me very soon again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
GlenBoutiqueHotel, General Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your stay and your great review. We welcome all feedback and are pleased to read that you had a great experience at The Glen. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon. Warm Regards, Phil Thurston and the Glen Team.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The service and culture of all that work at the Glen is consist - friendly, professional and nothing is too much trouble. My partner and I ended our South African trip in CT at the Glen where they even arranged a private guided tour of the best wine estates. We have stayed at many 4 star hotels worldwide but none thus far can compare to the glen. The breakfasts were great too. Thank you for a memorable holiday. Kevin

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your stay Kevin. It was a pleasure to meet you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Glen Hotel in the near future. Warm Regards, The Glen Team.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have just spent six nights at the Glen. I often tend to use the 'tried and trusted' hotel chains when travelling on business, but on this occasion decided to try this small boutique hotel.

I am so glad I did! Everything about my stay at the Glen exceeded my expectations. The room was huge and beautifully furnished - the bathroom alone was bigger than many hotel rooms I have stayed in. The whole atmosphere of the hotel is one of elegance and every inch appeared to have benefited from top-quality design skills.

The hotel is an attractive and safe residential area, but only a very short walk from a good selection of restaurants in Sea Point.

I was out of season to make the most of the lovely pool area, but that aside, nothing more could have been done to make my stay enjoyable. Lovely food (superb breakfasts) and above all friendly, ultra-helpful staff who seemed to be genuinely pleased to see you every day.

The spa was available but not used by me.

I would certainly stay here again and will definitely be more open-minded about my hotel choices in the future!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We recently returned from our 8day visit to Cape Town and our stay at the elegant Glen Boutique Hotel. We can only speak in superlatives about the service we received from every member of the hotel staff. They cater to your every need with such positive attitudes and it speaks well of the support they receive from the entire management team.

The hotel itself is beautifully appointed and tastefully decorated - an absolute delight for all of the senses. The food is well prepared and presented to delight the palate.

We would recommend this hotel to everyone without hesitation! We will be back for sure!

Jenny and Bill Henry

Room Tip: Our suite #11 was down a flight of stairs that could be a bit treacherous because there are no handr...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JenJam730
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed with my 23 year old daughter at the Glen Boutique Hotel for 4 nights in April 2014.

First point was the delightful guy who picked us up from the airport. Rather than the shuttle bus referred to in the website, it is a chauffeur driven car. And what a nice guy! Informative too. Just about twenty minutes to the hotel.

The hotel's location is also good in Cape Town Central, Sea Point - quiet, but only a short walk from the busier Main Road, and not much further down to the Beach Road, the wonderful long and active promenade and the sea of course. As soon as you walk through the hotel gate, you enter a beautiful, interesting, intriguing, chic, delicious little hotel! There are no rooms higher than 4 (or 5?) floors. Our balcony overlooked the small but perfectly formed pool. And our room was first class.

But it was the warmth and excellence of the service from owners and staff alike that we relished the most. My daughter (23) and I LOVED it! Nothing was too much trouble for anyone, and we gained a lot of valuable information from the enthusiastic, delightful staff. We also hired one of their four cars for the day to go down to the Cape of Good Hope, about 2hours drive away, popping by Boulders beach en route.

We cannot recommend the Glen Boutique Hotel enough.

PS And don't forget to try the magical Mojitos at one of their two bars!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Margaret D
Pretoria
Reviewed 14 May 2014

As a TV/Film DOP, Camera operator & Photog traveling all over the world & being very fortunate to stay in 7 star hotels in Dubai, top homes in the country, filming International celebs with work I need to say staying at the The Glen Hotel in Sea Point, Cape Town, South Africa, my home town, I was blown away. With their 24hr service, unsurpassed Hospitality & Accommodation it was clear to us we will not stay anywhere els in Cape Town ever again. I have booked our next stay already. Looking forward indeed. Gustav & Emsie

Room Tip: Every ultra modern Room in the "The Boutique Hotel has it's own unique Charm located close...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cape Grace
#6 of 109 in Cape Town Central
POD Camps Bay
#1 of 12 in Camps Bay
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#31 of 109 in Cape Town Central

Been to Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!