“Trendy hotel with great rooms and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa

Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
New Haven, Connecticut
“Trendy hotel with great rooms and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Excellent stay. The staff is enormously helpful. Parking onsite. The outdoor pool area is unique to say the least and very trendy. The room was very clean, large, with an amazing shower that could fit 2-3 people easily. The breakfast and restaurant are pretty good. Not the best views of the city and not really within walking distance of downtown, but still excellent hotel. We had a car, so location wasn't as much of an issue.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
theglenhotel, General Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Andre,

Thank you for your stay with us at The Glen Boutique Hotel. We are pleased you had a great stay and we look forward to welcoming you back from Connecticut in the near future.

Safe travels from the whole Glen Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stormy Cape town , but what a delightful place to be! Very friendly and helpful staff and beautiful rooms with a nice wellness area. Breakfast is healthy and great. You will have a great time here too.

Room Tip: room 7 and 8 are delightful
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Veronique,

Thank you for your stay with us and for posting a great review. We are glad you enjoyed one of the Cape Storms and that you enjoyed Cape Town and our hotel. We hope to see you return very soon.

Warm Regards, The Glen Team
Mount Maunganui
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The staff were incredibly friendly and go out of their way to make your holiday special. Beautiful and comfortable in all the rooms we stayed in, which were two different Suites. Luxurious is the word that springs to mind. We were originally planning to stay just 4 days but ended up extended our stay to 2 weeks! Breakfast was almost our favorite part of everyday, especially the muffins. We got engaged whilst there and they upgraded us to the Penthouse for free which was above expectations (although the hotel was quiet at the time). Would not miss this place or the opportunity to bask in their great service and comfort. 5 stars and 10/10 rating from us!

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your great review and for staying with us.

We were delighted to be able to offer you an upgrade for your extended stay and hope to welcome you again to the hotel in the near future!

Safe onward travels, from everyone at The Glen Boutique Hotel.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed in the Glen for a chart while and all I can is I am sad it's not longer. A fantastic atmosphere. The best staff ever. Hospitality and my welcome was superb. Freshly cooked food. Clenliness was simply impeccable. The maid came and did a refresh of my room without being asked as she knew I would be out all day. Philip I have to say was amazing at his job. So much so I wanted to tip him but he refused. He simply said " I love my job, I don't want to be tipped ". I was lone travelling and missed my flight to Cape Town. Philip arranged with the taxi service to come back and pick me up later he also went out of his way to make my stay memorable by arranging trips for me and within my budget. Jean - Piere also was amazing. Also Abigail & Fredrick too. Arnold the the waiter was great. The taxi service they use for you too were fantastic. Abu and Don. Very friendly. All in all I have stayed in 100 + hotels around the world and this is the only one that sticks out to me wanting to come back again and again and again. Philip and his team made it such a friendly, relaxed, unique, personnel and safe atmosphere for me. These guys have me want to come back to the Glen over and over again. This hotel should be number 1 out of 100. Not 11 out of 100

Room Tip: Right at the back room 21 floor 3. A superb room and out the way so nice and quiet but a fantastic v...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your very kind review on the hotel.

It was a pleasure to host you at the hotel and hope you will return soon. We aim to give our guests the best service in Cape Town and were pleased you could experience our dedication to be Cape Town's Number One 4-star hotel!

Warm Regards from everyone at The Glen!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at the Glen for 5 nights and had an absolutely wonderful time. The rooms are wonderfully decorated, the pool area is incredible and the staff is out-of-this-world.
Here my favorite aspects that make this a 5* Hotel in my opinion.

- I'm a bit of a foody and the staff is incredibly knowledgeable about restaurants and even got us some last minute reservations at some of Cape Towns best restaurants (I would recommend to try both the Test Kitchen and La Colombe)

- Everything is super high-end and of great quality: The soap, shampoo, conditioner, bathrobes, candles, etc.

- The breakfast is incredible. I recommend the Omelette with mushrooms, tomatoes and onions

- The staff is by far the biggest asset: Polite, professional and extremely knowledgable

Will definitely come back and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank M-L-Heim
Thank you for your lovely review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Glen Boutique Hotel and that you got to experience the Test Kitchen and La Colombe, two great restaurants. We hope to see you back in Cape Town soon!

Warm regards from everyone at the Glen!
Kuessnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 8 days and spent a wonderful time. A very special atmosphere, quietness in a radiant City, very friendly staff and delicious breakfast. You can find a place to read a book, have a drink, chat, or just enjoy the sun. Excellent Trip and restaurant advice from Phil. We will come back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
theglenhotel, General Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Dave,

Thank you for staying with us at The Glen Boutique Hotel and for writing such a lovely review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope to introduce you to yet more great restaurants in Cape Town. Keep well, see you soon,

From the whole Glen Team.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

stayed in may2014 for 10 nights . what can i say. it is simply the best ...... the staff fantastic, ,professional, and genuinely cant do enough for you. from the cleaners to front of house. the room was breath taking, super stylish and yet cosy at the same time.
the breakfast was superb ........ loads of bars and restaurants at your doorstep . My partner and I went there for my birthday.... it is a birthday I will never ever forget..... so thank Glen hotel for making it so perfect....We will be back....... the only down side I can think of is ,that I will now always be disappointed when ever I go to another hotel , because no one else could even touch on how fantastic this place is..... so if you ever stay in cape town you must use .this hotel....... I have not even mentioned on how reasonable the room rates are. 2 star cost for a 6 star experience ................
hope to be back next year to celebrate my 50th birthday....
Tony Sheanon and Glen Davidson

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tony and Glen,

Thank you for your review! It was an absolute pleasure to accommodate you and to celebrate Tony's birthday here at The Glen.

We hope to see you next year for another Birthday celebration!

Warm Regards from everyone at The Glen Hotel.