“Lovely oasis!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
London
“Lovely oasis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had an amazing time at the Glen. The staff are friendly, breakfasts are great (choice and quality). It has a bus stop close by so it's easy to get to the city centre. The Penthouse is WONDERFUL and has views of the sea and Lion's Head. The decor in communal spaces and rooms is classy.

The spa is a (free) treat, and if we'd been there is summer the pool and sunbeds would be welcome too. There's great attention to detail e.g. in our room there are plug sockets that fit lots of different plug types from different places.

It's incredibly good value for travellers used to UK prices. We'd recommend this to anyone who wants a nice hotel in Cape Town.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hannah B
theglenhotel, General Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Hannah,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are happy you got to experience the Penthouse and that you enjoyed the use of our complimentary spa facilities.

We trust you have a safe journey back to London and hope to see you return soon.

Warm regards from the whole Glen Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Fes, Morocco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Glen is amazing. The location is great (Sea Point, a little removed from the central business district); the rooms are stylish and comfortable; the breakfasts are delicious; the price is great; and, the staff and services are unparalleled. Phillip Botha, the concierge, deserves special mention, as he is the best concierge I have ever encountered. Phillip planned our activities in Cape Town as well as created a tailored itinerary for our week around the Cape, including making all our bookings. Further, he was incredibly sweet and delightful.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel, its staff, and the experience it provides for its guests.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Courtney E
theglenhotel, General Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Courtney,

It was a pleasure to meet you. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip. Have a safe trip back to Washington.

Warm Regards from the whole Glen Team
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

If you like having your expectations exceeded, then this is the place for you. This place is incredible! It is the kind of place where you can't wait to get back to at the end of the day. The hotel is located in Sea Point on a quiet side street just a short walk to the beach and many stores and restaurants on the main street a block away. This was a return trip to CT and I decided to stay on the ocean side having stayed on the city side previously. For the first time, I really understood why people sometimes switch neighborhoods when traveling. I am not really a fan normally, but with CT it makes a lot of sense with the mountain really creating two distinct parts of the city. Where to start...Upon arrival I was greeted and offer a drink of my choice (go with the strawberry juice - delicious!). I sat by the pool while my room was readied (I was early) and my bag brought up.

The pool area is gorgeous, immaculate and so inviting. There is a hot tub there as well. Super comfortable lounge chairs and comfy towels. Bar and snack service is available poolside as well as at outdoor tables. There is also an indoor jacuzzi with steam and sauna. (They steam was under repair, but the jacuzzi and sauna were a treat after climbing Table Mountain.)

My room was amazing. Spacious, modern, clean lines, large balcony. The bed was so comfortable and the robe is heavenly. I wanted to live in it forever. For the first time, I really wanted to purchase a hotel amenity. Even the drapes were great. The room had a lot of lovely light and a partial view of the ocean and a lovely view of the sunset. (The only thing I would change is the cow hide rug which kind of creeps me out.) The lobby areas are gorgeous and the fireplaces are a nice touch. Breakfast has lots of buffet options as well as made to order menu all included in room cost.

The hotel is physically just beautiful and kept to the highest standards. But what really makes this hotel is its staff. They are all so friendly, helpful and attentive. Phillip the concierge is also a great resource. I was greeted by name each time I went through the lobby. I also noticed that the same level of care was given to each and every person which is something that I look for. Every guest was important to them and it really showed. I also think what really shows a places' character is how they handle problems. There was a slight mix up with my car service going to the airport and they resolved it quickly and easily and I was on my way in no time. I think the quality of their service just shined in that moment. I cannot say enough about this place, I absolutely loved it and I hope that I get the opportunity to go back and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank aps101
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Wonderful place to stay in Cape Town! Love the hotel!!!I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel. I stayed at The Glen for 5 days and wished I could have stayed for longer. The hotel had a restaurant in it which was wonderful and convenient. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. The shampoo and conditioner were also top notch. ( i ended up buying some to take home with me)
My daughter (23) and I LOVED it! Everything was great, especially the staff.. Great service .traveling with my daughter , I have never felt as safe and comfortable as I did at The Glen.
Philip is by far the biggest help : Polite, professional and extremely knowledgeable
You will be absolutely well taken care of, and Philip will always be there and eager to help with whatever inquiries you have! He also helped us with the booking of accommodations elsewhere , He gave us great recommendations for the rest of our stay in South Africa. He also kept in touch with us throughout our stay in South Africa to make sure everything was going good. He went as far as calling us on his time off to make sure we arrived at our destination.He went above and beyond to make not only our stay at The Glen terrific but our whole South African experience. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pavlinaAnja
theglenhotel, General Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
It was a pleasure to host you and your Daughter. Thank you for your lovely review on the hotel. We hope to see you again soon with the rest of your family!

Warm Regards from everyone at The Glen
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Wonderful place to stay in Cape Town! All the reviews were wonderful and thats how we can to our decision to stay here. I'm so glad we did, our vacation wouldn't have been the same without all the lovely accommodating staff here! One of our favorite vacations and would definitely recommend The Glen to friends and families. It's conveniently located, not a far drive from the airport and close to the beach! We walked to dinner and breakfast a few days, very safe and easy to get around. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast that was served each morning was fantastic, and probably my favorite of anywhere we dined for breakfast! I can't say enough about the staff, they were all truly amazing. The concierge helped us book all of day trips and had great suggestions for dinning out, etc. The private tours booked by the Glen were some of the best we have ever been on and our vacation wouldn't haven't been the same without these wonderful trips. The guides were so amazing and knowledgeable, we saw and learned so much! The Glen made our stay memorable and wouldn't have been the same without them!!

Room Tip: We had a standard room and it was perfect for our 4 day stay. As far as we can tell all rooms are gr...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
theglenhotel, General Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us at The Glen Hotel. It was a real pleasure to host you both and we are glad you had a memorable stay with us.

We loo forward to welcoming you and your family and friends in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards, The whole Glen Team!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a great stay here the staff was super friendly and very accommodating, the concierge Phillip was fantastic and planned our week nicely for us, our room was clean and comfortable, the food was also very very good, I loved everything I ordered! Would love to come back here with my family!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rebecca L
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time in Cape Town and that you enjoyed our food. It was a pleasure to host you and hope you return soon. Safe Travels back to Vegas!

Warm Regards, the whole Glen team.
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Excellent stay. The staff is enormously helpful. Parking onsite. The outdoor pool area is unique to say the least and very trendy. The room was very clean, large, with an amazing shower that could fit 2-3 people easily. The breakfast and restaurant are pretty good. Not the best views of the city and not really within walking distance of downtown, but still excellent hotel. We had a car, so location wasn't as much of an issue.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Dear Andre,

Thank you for your stay with us at The Glen Boutique Hotel. We are pleased you had a great stay and we look forward to welcoming you back from Connecticut in the near future.

Safe travels from the whole Glen Team.