“Exceptional”

Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 11 August 2014

When I arrived in Cape Town the driver who I booked through the hotel told me this was a place that people come back to - both Cape Town and The Glen. I was a bit skeptical but as I sat in the same car leaving to go home I realised he was right.

The Glen is quite a unique place. The hotel itself is lovely as are the rooms. But what sets it apart is difficult to define. It is, I think, something about the effort that the staff put into personal service. I am pretty independent traveller and like to make my own itinery, but any time I did have questions there were eager to answer and help and if I had wanted more help they would have gladly helped me plan my stay. They are able to achieve this seamlessly because breakfast is eaten right next to reception and the staff mingle with the guests checking whether they have questions, need help etc.

Other reviews have gone into details about the room etc so all I will say is that yes, I hope I will be back. I fell in lovel with Cape Town for all of its social problems. It is a simply stunning place.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Miranda_L
theglenhotel, General Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Miranda,

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you. Thank you kindly for your review on the hotel.

We enjoyed spending time with you and sharing this great city with you. We hope you can return one day to take more photos thank you for sharing your stunning pictures!

Warm Regards from everyone here at The Glen

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights in July and had the best experience! The staff were all beyond lovely and incredibly helpful - when Phillip, the concierge, heard me coughing, he organised for there to be medicine in my room when I returned. They also helped us organise activities, car rental and recommendations of where to go and eat. In terms of the rooms, they are beautiful, modern and clean - it was almost hard to go out in the days when our room was so nice and bed was so comfy! We were there in the winter so could not use the pool, but it looked amazing and like a great area to laze around in the summer. Finally, the complimentary breakfast is unreal - so many options and delicious. Definitely the best place to stay in Cape Town!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eberki

Thank you for your stay in The Glen Boutique Hotel. We are pleased you recovered and that you enjoyed our Concierge service. We hope you can return to enjoy the pools during summertime!

Warm regards from the whole Glen team.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Once again I stayed at The Glen and, like before, it was a super experience. Beautiful and spacious rooms combined with great service. Now there is also the restaurant in the evening so if you wan you can stay in all day. It's defenately my favourite restaurant in Cape Town!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank willemwillem

Dear Willem,

Thank you for returning to The Glen Boutique Hotel. We are pleased your enjoyed our restaurant BOA and look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards from the whole Glen Team

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Glen Boutique provided exceptional service beyond my expectations. I was so surprised at the level of service I received. The staff at the Glen Boutique is awesome!! The Hotel is not a large location so you get that special / personalized treatment in a beautiful charming atmosphere. The staff is truly genuine and they are so happy when they can help you with any needs. The food is outstanding as well, what a great Chef they have. I arrived alone in a foreign country that I had never been to, so I was a little on the defense side. As soon as I walked in The Glen Boutique, I knew I made the right decision on location. The Glen’s concierge Phillip Botha went above and beyond to make sure I had a fun stay. He pointed me in the right direction on sites and locations to see. If it was not for this team, I don’t think I would have had such a wonderful time in Cape Town, SA. Thank You! Thank You! I miss all of you and will be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent. I personally like the back of the Hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Patrick C M
theglenhotel, General Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for staying with us. We enjoyed spending time with you and showing you everything the Cape has to offer. Thank you also for your generosity with the team and for making use of the many services we have on offer.

We look forward to seeing you back in peak summer!

Warm Regards from the whole Glen Team.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Could not ask for more, exceptional service and gateway to Cape Town . Loved every minute of our stay . Phil and the boys perfect hosts pleasant and always helpful , not to forget Abigail . Thank you to The Glen Boutique Hotel a sure to come again stay . God bless you all All our love the Reed Family

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Eleanor R

Dear Elanor,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Glen Boutique Hotel with your family. It was a pleasure to meet your family and we hope to see you return to The Glen sometime soon! I know the team and I would love to come and visit you sometime.

Warm regards from the whole Glen Team.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed in the fabulous Glen Boutique in July. What a gem! Great location quiet but convenient. Our room was large, well appointed and spotlessly clean. The staff were courteous and very helpful in a discreet way. We ate dinner in the hotel one night in the lovely dining room - very good food and great value for money. The breakfasts were superb, a huge choice of cold buffet and hot cooked. The pool area was stunning but as it was winter we didn't make use of it! We are planning to return to Cape Town in the spring and will definitely return to this wonderful little hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LucyMAZ

Dear Lucy,

It was a pleasure to host you at The Glen. Thank you for your stay and for your great review.

We look forward to seeing you on your return in Spring.

Warm regards from the whole Glen Team

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I don't know how to describe my amazing stay at The Glen Boutique. Here are just a few highlights:
1. The staff are friendly, attentive, welcoming and really make you feel like part of the family. A big thank you to Phil, Philip, Jean Paul, Abigail, Tatenda, Siya and the ENTIRE crew for making my stay so pleasant.
2. A fantastic breakfast buffet is served each morning.
3. Sea Point is a nice location - residential with everything you would need in a city neighbourhood. Lots of restaurants, supermarkets, banks, chemists, etc in walking distance.
4. Sea Point is a short ride to many popular sights. A taxi to the V&A Waterfront or Long Street will cost between 50 - 70 rand (5-7 USD).
5. Phil and Philip are very knowledgeable. They will recommend and make reservations with the best restaurants, tour groups, excursions etc for you.

I could go on and on about this hotel for hours. Thank you for such an awesome stay. I will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: There is currently some construction going on across the street from the main entrance. This can be...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank KiNi14

It was a pleasure to be able to host you at The Glen Boutique Hotel.

We were pleased to be able to assist you with your tours and excursions whilst in Cape Town.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards from the whole Glen team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Town Central
POD Camps Bay
#1 of 12 in Camps Bay
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
#35 of 110 in Cape Town Central
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#31 of 110 in Cape Town Central

Been to Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!