“Excellent hotel with personal service”

Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
“Excellent hotel with personal service”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The airline lost my luggage on my first night and the hotel staff were so helpful. They made sure I had all the essentials for the evening, kept ringing the airline and even got a driver to pick up my luggage the next day so I could do some sightseeing instead. They really went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The room and food were also fantastic. Gorgeous room with great view. As for the food, the chef even came out to check on me.

I stayed at the Mt Nelson that week as well, but I must say that my experience here this hotel tops Mt Nelson. I will be back for sure.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
theglenhotel, General Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Emmeline,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Glen. Thank you for your great review.

We were happy to reunite you with your luggage and that you could continue experiencing the Cape.

We strive for 5-star service and glad on this occasion you experienced it.

We look forward to seeing you again and welcoming you back to The Glen.

Warm Regards from the whole Glen Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Paris, France
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel didn't quite impress me on my first night there but three days after, I had fallen in love with this boutique hotel. The staff are very efficient and go out of their way (without being intrusive) to making one's stay comfortable. Do not hesitate to ask them for travel tips. Their breakfast is absolutely delicious and worth waking up early for. I liked that they had a separate menu for hot food (less food waste). Highly recommended, value for money.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Glen.

We are pleased you got to experience the "Glen Experience" first hand.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon on your next visit.

Warm regards from the whole Glen team.
Hong Kong
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

When I arrived in Cape Town the driver who I booked through the hotel told me this was a place that people come back to - both Cape Town and The Glen. I was a bit skeptical but as I sat in the same car leaving to go home I realised he was right.

The Glen is quite a unique place. The hotel itself is lovely as are the rooms. But what sets it apart is difficult to define. It is, I think, something about the effort that the staff put into personal service. I am pretty independent traveller and like to make my own itinery, but any time I did have questions there were eager to answer and help and if I had wanted more help they would have gladly helped me plan my stay. They are able to achieve this seamlessly because breakfast is eaten right next to reception and the staff mingle with the guests checking whether they have questions, need help etc.

Other reviews have gone into details about the room etc so all I will say is that yes, I hope I will be back. I fell in lovel with Cape Town for all of its social problems. It is a simply stunning place.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Miranda_L
theglenhotel, General Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Miranda,

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you. Thank you kindly for your review on the hotel.

We enjoyed spending time with you and sharing this great city with you. We hope you can return one day to take more photos thank you for sharing your stunning pictures!

Warm Regards from everyone here at The Glen
Sydney
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights in July and had the best experience! The staff were all beyond lovely and incredibly helpful - when Phillip, the concierge, heard me coughing, he organised for there to be medicine in my room when I returned. They also helped us organise activities, car rental and recommendations of where to go and eat. In terms of the rooms, they are beautiful, modern and clean - it was almost hard to go out in the days when our room was so nice and bed was so comfy! We were there in the winter so could not use the pool, but it looked amazing and like a great area to laze around in the summer. Finally, the complimentary breakfast is unreal - so many options and delicious. Definitely the best place to stay in Cape Town!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eberki
Thank you for your stay in The Glen Boutique Hotel. We are pleased you recovered and that you enjoyed our Concierge service. We hope you can return to enjoy the pools during summertime!

Warm regards from the whole Glen team.
Kinrooi, Belgium
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Once again I stayed at The Glen and, like before, it was a super experience. Beautiful and spacious rooms combined with great service. Now there is also the restaurant in the evening so if you wan you can stay in all day. It's defenately my favourite restaurant in Cape Town!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank willemwillem
Dear Willem,

Thank you for returning to The Glen Boutique Hotel. We are pleased your enjoyed our restaurant BOA and look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards from the whole Glen Team
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Glen Boutique provided exceptional service beyond my expectations. I was so surprised at the level of service I received. The staff at the Glen Boutique is awesome!! The Hotel is not a large location so you get that special / personalized treatment in a beautiful charming atmosphere. The staff is truly genuine and they are so happy when they can help you with any needs. The food is outstanding as well, what a great Chef they have. I arrived alone in a foreign country that I had never been to, so I was a little on the defense side. As soon as I walked in The Glen Boutique, I knew I made the right decision on location. The Glen’s concierge Phillip Botha went above and beyond to make sure I had a fun stay. He pointed me in the right direction on sites and locations to see. If it was not for this team, I don’t think I would have had such a wonderful time in Cape Town, SA. Thank You! Thank You! I miss all of you and will be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent. I personally like the back of the Hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Patrick C M
theglenhotel, General Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for staying with us. We enjoyed spending time with you and showing you everything the Cape has to offer. Thank you also for your generosity with the team and for making use of the many services we have on offer.

We look forward to seeing you back in peak summer!

Warm Regards from the whole Glen Team.
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Could not ask for more, exceptional service and gateway to Cape Town . Loved every minute of our stay . Phil and the boys perfect hosts pleasant and always helpful , not to forget Abigail . Thank you to The Glen Boutique Hotel a sure to come again stay . God bless you all All our love the Reed Family

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Eleanor R
Dear Elanor,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Glen Boutique Hotel with your family. It was a pleasure to meet your family and we hope to see you return to The Glen sometime soon! I know the team and I would love to come and visit you sometime.

Warm regards from the whole Glen Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Town Central
Cape Grace
#6 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
#32 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#30 of 109 in Cape Town Central

Been to Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!