“Great stay at the Royale”

Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
Ranked #33 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Miri, Malaysia
“Great stay at the Royale”
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I had a fantastic stay at the Cape Royale, an elegantly furnished, stylish, yet comfortable hotel, in a ideal location. The staff are friendly and professional. The rooms/apartments are spacious, with great decor. I also had what is now known as a milestone hamburger. All burgers will now be judged according to this one. The skybar is a treat on a calm day, with fantastic sunsets.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
TerriMallett, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for this positive feedback you have provided us with on Trip Advisor. Please be assured that I will pass all your comments onto all the staff here at Cape Royale. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and that I thank you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Cape Royale in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Manchester
Reviewed 15 April 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in order to visit the highlights of Cape Town. Fantastic hotel, the hotel offer a complimentary chauffer service within 5kms of the hotel, which is a fantastic perk to staying at Cape Royale. A special mention to Peter who made our trip to The Winelands so memorable!
Thank you Cape Royale for such fantastic hospitality!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
TerriMallett, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this positive review on Trip Advisor. We value all our guest feedback and please be assured I will communicate these positive comments to all our the hotel team, expecially Peter.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cape Royale Luxury Hotel and Residence in the not too distant future.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 April 2011

We really enjoyed the Cape Royale-- having your own full size kitchen, living area and separate bedroom was very luxurious, especially if you are staying several days. The breakfast was included with our room, and there was an extensive buffet (continental, but included champagne! nice!) as well the option to order off of the menu. Really a great way to start the day. Definitely a great choice!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
TerriMallett, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel and Residence and may I also thank you for taking the time to write to post this lovely comment on Trip Advisor.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 8 April 2011

I have never posted a review on TripAdvisor before, but it would be an injustice not to share one of the best experiences of my life! As a spoil to a friend that is getting married, 5 friends and I decided to book a Penthouse at the Cape Royale.

On arrival we were met by a smiling Ryan, who whisked us off to check-in. The Concierge arrived, introducing himself as Steven, and valet parked our vehicle. At check-in we received free welcome drinks and were taken up to our Penthouse by one of their Butlers.

The Penthouse suite is on the top floor of the hotel with a magnificent view of the V&A Waterfront and Cape Town Stadium. It has three bedrooms, each with its own on suite bathroom, spacious lounge, dining room and kitchen. What struck me most, apart from the sheer size of it, was the attention to detail. Even the taps have the Cape Royale name on it!

After exploring the room we made our way down to the spa. Janice, the SPA Manager quickly figured out what our weekend was all about and recommended that we book the Equinox April Promotion. I had a back massage, foot pressure point massage and Indian head massage for only R 400!

We decided to go out for dinner and then partied the night away at The Fez, a club recommended to us by Concierge. With sore feet and sleepy heads we headed down for breakfast the next morning.

In between check-in and the spa someone must have picked up that it was my friend's upcoming wedding celebrations! At breakfast we were given a free bottle of French champagne and mini dessert; this woke us up very quickly!

After breakfast we headed up to the Sky Bar on the roof of the hotel and chilled until we, reluctantly, had to check-out at 2pm. I have read all the comments on Cape Royale, good and bad, before I posted mine and must agree with the review from mol1 'Not sure which hotel the previous reviewer was staying in but the comments did not reflect our experience'.

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel and Residence and may I also thank you for taking the time to write this lovely comment on Trip Advisor. It is greatly recieved.

I am pleased to note an overall enjoyable stay and please be assured that I have passed your comments along to all Department Managers so as to convey your thanks and our appreciation of their teams’ hard work. In particular both Ryan our Concierge and Janice in the Spa.

Once again, I thank you for your comments, as it is only through such feedback that we can continually improve and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cape Royale Luxury Hotel and Residence in the not too distant future.

With Kindest Regards

Paarl, South Africa
Reviewed 8 April 2011

I would like to say thank you for having us at the Cape Royale last weekend. It was absolutely a pleasure to stay there. The friendly service was exceptional and the detail and the effort that all of the staff members went in to make our stay an unforgettable one was amazing! I especially want to say thanks to Janine at reception for her efforts and care as well as to Dino in the restaurant. With staff and service like this one is sure to have a memorable and special stay.
Thanks again!

Room Tip: Stay on the front side of the hotel - best views
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel and Residence and may I also thank you for taking the time to post this lovely comment on Trip Advisor. It is greatly received.

I am pleased to note an overall enjoyable stay. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and for that I thank you. Please be assured I have passed your comments along to all Department Managers so as to convey your thanks and our appreciation of their teams’ hard work. In particular, I will pass your comments on to Janine our very enthusiastic Butler.

Once again, I thank you for your comments, as it is only through such feedback that we can continually improve and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2011

During my last stay at the Cape Royale, a year ago, I rated it 'truly outstanding' - it was consistently good in all aspects of service. I probably gave this hotel my best review ever.

Things have changed for the worst - I can only assume there has been some sort of management change as you notice declines everywhere. The great service has been replaced with haphazard standards - sometime ok, other times unacceptably poor.

At breakfast staff often ignore you, chatting in the corner. If you can get their attention they often forgot to bring your request or come with the wrong item. Often I just gave up trying to get what I wanted.

Shockingly I was physically stopped from getting in the lift and brought back to reception to be told that I should have checked out part way through my stay. This wasn't correct, but even when evidence was produced to show their error the staff member dealing with the issue refused to apologise and made me feel like I was inconveniencing them - when actually it was the other way around!

Others in my group had multitude of minor and major problems of all sorts- the general theme was apathy from the management.

It's a shame what's happened here - let's hope management can get it fixed soon.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
TerriMallett, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel and Residence during your recent visit to Cape Town. And may I also thank you for taking the time to write to us detailing your experiences during your stay.

I am sorry that your expectations were not met on this stay. Our guest feedback is one way we can ensure we have achieved our aim, and address anything we can indeed alter so as to meet and exceed the expectations of all our guests.

The hotel has recently appointed a new Managing Director and with that a new management team who have the experience of managing a 5 star property. With their skills and experiences we now have procedures in place to avoid such shortfalls in service which you noted. Please be assured that I have made careful note of each item that you have documented for our departmental Managers so as to address. These issues will be a focus at the next management meeting so that actions can be put in place to avoid a repeat.

Once again, I thank you for your comments, as it is only through such important feedback that we can continually improve. Should you decide to return, please feel free to contact myself directly. I hope given the chance you will return to reinstate your faith in Cape Royale Luxury Hotel and Residence.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 March 2011

My husband was in this hotel on Business, and me and our 10month old decided to join for a holiday. I was a bit nervous about staying in a luxury hotel with a baby, but I needn't have worried. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. In particular Tatem (sp?) the restaurant supervisor, Faith in the restaurant, and Ali on the door were all brilliant.They offered a driver to escort me around town (within a 5k radius), and our 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom suite with fully appointed kitchen was perfect.
We enjoyed the roof deck bar and pool on several occasions, and breakfast was fantastic.
The hotel also uses a fantastic nanny agency - Megan, who we used on several occasions was wonderful.
We had one poor dinner in the restaurant, but this was with a big group and I think was a one off, as room service from the restaurant was consistently good.
The concierge organised all sorts of excursions and restaurant bookings for us, and generally made sure with made the most of our stay.
Oh, and the spa was pretty good too.
Only complaint from some of the friends who also stayed with us and had a room at the front of the hotel was of noise from the recently opened nightclub, however we didn't hear a thing as our room was at the back.
My husband also says the hotel was very well set up for small conferences.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
TerriMallett, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel and Residence. And may I also thank you for taking the time to detail your experiences here on trip advisor.

Please be assured that the issue regarding the noise complaints from ZAR lounge, next to the hotel has since been communicated with the relevant Manager and I am pleased to advise you that this has been addressed. I thank you for bringing these to our attention in order to ratify.

Once again, I thank you for your comments, as it is only through such feedback that we can continually improve. I look forward to welcoming you back to Cape Royale within the not too distant future.

Kind Regards