“Excellent choice & great value!”

Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Pune, India
“Excellent choice & great value!”
Reviewed 16 June 2011

This all suite hotel has large spacious rooms. Great location - just 5 minutes walk to V&A waterfront. Hotel has a complimentary shuttle service running through the day within a 5 kms radius and we made good use of the facility. Good breakfast spread. Very courteous staff especially the concierge who patiently answers all your questions and has a cool (and very accurate) weather prediction application on his desktop. All in all, a great choice in Cape Town!
Only disappointment was that Robben Island was closed at the last minute due to an Industrial action. Apparently these 'flash strikes' have been going on for a couple of months.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
TerriMallett, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for the lovely feedback you have given us on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to receive such feedback and I am glad that we met all your expectations. Please be assured that this will be communicated to all our staff at our weekly management meeting.

We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I recently had the pleasure to stay in a wonderful hotel in Cape Town, South Africa. .The Cape Royale. I arrived on January 7, 2011 and just left on May 29, 2011. My purpose of being there was business - hence the long stay. Five months away from home is a long time and everyone at the Cape Royale made me feel at home, so comfortable, safe, always a friendly smile and greetings. It almost felt like a family from those in the restaurant, at the desk and to those that took care of my room. WHAT ATTENTION. It is by far a first class hotel, my room like an apartment with beautiful views from 2 balconys overlooking the World Cup Stadium ant the Atlantic Ocean.
If one finds their way to the Western Cape, the Cape Royale is a must. I thank everyone there for making my stay so pleasant.
Charlene

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank camateau
TerriMallett, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
Dear Charlene,

Thank you kindly for the positive feedback you have provided us with here on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to note you had such an enjoyable and comfortable stay. It is important that our long stay guests feel at home here in Cape Royale.

Please be assured that the staff noted 'you will be missed', a fond and friendly face to great when you were not at work. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to your return, hopefully in the not too distant future.

With Kindest Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2011

This is our first review on Tripadvisor. We thought we should definitely write about our experience and how much we enjoyed our stay at the Cape Royale.

Stayed in the family suite which was perfect for us as a great luxury apartment. Very modern and luxury furniture / fittings. Good wifi coverage across whole hotel and rooms.

Service is excellent and all the staff were very helpful and friendly.
The chauffeur service was a great extra especially if you get to ride in the Jag!
We had such a good time that we ended extending our stay in Cape Town.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
TerriMallett, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate such lovely feedback here on Trip Advisor. I am please to note an enjoyable stay. Please be assured that we will communicate your comments to all our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Cape Royale in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards
Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I had a fantastic stay at the Cape Royale, an elegantly furnished, stylish, yet comfortable hotel, in a ideal location. The staff are friendly and professional. The rooms/apartments are spacious, with great decor. I also had what is now known as a milestone hamburger. All burgers will now be judged according to this one. The skybar is a treat on a calm day, with fantastic sunsets.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
TerriMallett, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for this positive feedback you have provided us with on Trip Advisor. Please be assured that I will pass all your comments onto all the staff here at Cape Royale. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and that I thank you.

Kind Regards

Manchester
Reviewed 15 April 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in order to visit the highlights of Cape Town. Fantastic hotel, the hotel offer a complimentary chauffer service within 5kms of the hotel, which is a fantastic perk to staying at Cape Royale. A special mention to Peter who made our trip to The Winelands so memorable!
Thank you Cape Royale for such fantastic hospitality!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
TerriMallett, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this positive review on Trip Advisor. We value all our guest feedback and please be assured I will communicate these positive comments to all our the hotel team, expecially Peter.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cape Royale Luxury Hotel and Residence in the not too distant future.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 April 2011

We really enjoyed the Cape Royale-- having your own full size kitchen, living area and separate bedroom was very luxurious, especially if you are staying several days. The breakfast was included with our room, and there was an extensive buffet (continental, but included champagne! nice!) as well the option to order off of the menu. Really a great way to start the day. Definitely a great choice!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
TerriMallett, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel and Residence and may I also thank you for taking the time to write to post this lovely comment on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note an overall enjoyable stay. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and for that I thank you. Please be assured I have passed your comments along to all Department Managers so as to convey your thanks and our appreciation of their teams’ hard work.

Once again, I thank you for your comments, as it is only through such feedback that we can continually improve.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 8 April 2011

I have never posted a review on TripAdvisor before, but it would be an injustice not to share one of the best experiences of my life! As a spoil to a friend that is getting married, 5 friends and I decided to book a Penthouse at the Cape Royale.

On arrival we were met by a smiling Ryan, who whisked us off to check-in. The Concierge arrived, introducing himself as Steven, and valet parked our vehicle. At check-in we received free welcome drinks and were taken up to our Penthouse by one of their Butlers.

The Penthouse suite is on the top floor of the hotel with a magnificent view of the V&A Waterfront and Cape Town Stadium. It has three bedrooms, each with its own on suite bathroom, spacious lounge, dining room and kitchen. What struck me most, apart from the sheer size of it, was the attention to detail. Even the taps have the Cape Royale name on it!

After exploring the room we made our way down to the spa. Janice, the SPA Manager quickly figured out what our weekend was all about and recommended that we book the Equinox April Promotion. I had a back massage, foot pressure point massage and Indian head massage for only R 400!

We decided to go out for dinner and then partied the night away at The Fez, a club recommended to us by Concierge. With sore feet and sleepy heads we headed down for breakfast the next morning.

In between check-in and the spa someone must have picked up that it was my friend's upcoming wedding celebrations! At breakfast we were given a free bottle of French champagne and mini dessert; this woke us up very quickly!

After breakfast we headed up to the Sky Bar on the roof of the hotel and chilled until we, reluctantly, had to check-out at 2pm. I have read all the comments on Cape Royale, good and bad, before I posted mine and must agree with the review from mol1 'Not sure which hotel the previous reviewer was staying in but the comments did not reflect our experience'.

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel and Residence and may I also thank you for taking the time to write this lovely comment on Trip Advisor. It is greatly recieved.

I am pleased to note an overall enjoyable stay and please be assured that I have passed your comments along to all Department Managers so as to convey your thanks and our appreciation of their teams’ hard work. In particular both Ryan our Concierge and Janice in the Spa.

Once again, I thank you for your comments, as it is only through such feedback that we can continually improve and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cape Royale Luxury Hotel and Residence in the not too distant future.

With Kindest Regards