The Cape Royale is an imposing hotel that makes an instant impression as you walk through the doors. The Doormen in tails, the complimentary Jaguar chauffeur drives, the marble entrance and rich lobby all scream pure luxury. You do feel as if you have arrived.
The rooms are extremely well appointed, and the added space of the 3 bedroom Penthouse we had was fantastic. The bathrooms have top end fittings and have a well though out layout. Ample space.
If I am to nitpick, perhaps the main flatscreen was a bit on the small side for such a large apartment, but then who goes on holiday to watch tv?
Service was generaly great, most of the staff were extremely accomodating and willing to help.
On the negative side the room service tray charge was simply ridiculous in my opinion, R 50 per order. I thought this excessive.
Now, to the unfortunate experience of why I can't give this hotel a full 5 stars.
We had a rental car while in Cape Town and the Valet service was usualy efficient, a quick call to let them know you are ready to leave means that by the time you are down the elevator your car is infront of the hotel waiting for you.
On a particular occasion, we called down as usual, and to our suprise, as we walked out of the lobby, a total stranger arrived with our car in front of the hotel, removed his belongings, got out the car and walked in to the hotel! It turned out to be another guest at the hotel who had hired a similar car and the guys at the Valet confused our cars! Or that is what we assume.
We were in a bit of a rush at that stage, and being a group of guys on holiday, chose to look at it in a humorous light and let it slide. A brief apology from a manager on the phone later was given. Nevertheless, it is something that should be regarded as unacceptable from the hotels side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Luxurious All-Suite, 5-star hotel, is centrally located, within walking distance to the Cape Town stadium, V&A Waterfront and close to all popular beaches. It offers bright spacious Suites with a Juliet balcony and includes a well-equipped kitchen and large living & entertainment areas. Guests have a choice between several dining options, Wellness Centre, Fitness Centre and a rooftop Pool Bar offering views of Cape Town Harbour and Table Mountain. Ask the Cape Royale Luxury Hotel concierge team to offer suggestion on Cape Town and surround activities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotelopia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cape Royale Luxury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Royale Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Royale
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Royale Luxury Hotel Cape Town, South Africa