We loved the Cape Royale in the past, but sadly, we had an extremely disappointing stay. We brought friends and we were embarrassed, as we had built it up to be such a wonderful hotel. Of the three places we stayed in South Africa on this trip, I am really glad it was the first, so we could improve from there...
The service was completely unreliable. We had an important appointment the day after we arrived and we double-checked that our room service order for breakfast was placed, only to find that somehow the order was lost without enough time to properly have something to eat.
We had heard that things were stolen from the safes in the rooms, so we took precautions with our money and valuables, but we made the mistake of leaving a large amount of money out, which we thought our friends were going to take and change for us. They forgot to take it and it was gone when we returned. That was our error, but we didn't expect to also have our TOILETRIES stolen... my husband's deodorant and cologne mysteriously disappeared over our stay.
Most troubling was that a heavy cabinet door fell off it's hinges on my husband's head. We reported it and it seems that the maintenance people only re-hung it, but did not repair the three hinges that were broken, so it fell on him a second time!
It is still a beautiful property, but we found it noisy this time and certainly not the place we loved in the past. We will be trying a different hotel for our next visit to our favorite city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury 5-star hotel is located in central Green Point, just a 10-minute walk from Cape Town Stadium and the V&A Waterfront. It offers bright rooms with free capped Wi-Fi, a rooftop pool and gym. Cape Royale Luxury Hotel features spacious suites with a Juliet balcony and includes a well-equipped kitchen, large living and entertainment areas. All rooms have a flat-screen satellite TV, a CD and DVD Player. Guests of the luxury Cape Royale have a choice between 5 dining options including a pool bar offering views of Cape Town Harbour and Table Mountain, as well as a modern gym featuring state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment. Cape Royale's concierge can offer suggestions on local activities and can arrange a complimentary shuttle service that can transport guests within a 5 km radius of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cape Royale Luxury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Royale Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Royale
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Royale Luxury Hotel Cape Town, South Africa