We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite in November 2012 which had a good view of the stadium and waterfront. Staff was very friendly and helpful and guests were treated like royals with announcement of our arrival on the first day accompanied with a gong and welcome letter addressing us as Lord and Lady. Nice touch. Service at 1800 was exceptionally good with amazing breakfast. The only compliant we had was the level of housekeeping service which we would expect of this hotel. After the first night, the housekeeping staff did not seem to complete restocking the coffee/tea tray and toiletries and even left their worksheet on the kitchen cabinet. We also tried washing some of our clothes having just been back from 4 nights of safari up at Sabi Sands seeing that the washing machine has both a wash and dry function. However, there was no instructions on how to work the machine and we tried the cycle with wash and dry but the dryer did not work at the end of the cycle and we called for help. The housekeeping staff had no idea how to work the machine and said we had to wait for a technician the next morning. In the meantime, they took our semi-wet clothes from the machine and promised to have it delivered the next day dried and folded. When we came back from a whole day of sightseeing the next day, our clothes were not returned and again the toiletries were not restocked properly as all they did was capped the bottle back with whatever was left in the bottle. We realised we had no shampoo and not enough body wash when we were in the shower and what an inconvenience it was to have to call for supplies when you are already wet!
The management was apologetic and gave us a bottle of wine and tray of cheese and fruits as gesture which kinda of redeemed the poor housekeeping service. However, with a suite hotel as well appointed as Cape Royale, management needs to ensure that housekeeping service is in line guest expectations given the price we pay for the rooms. Guest experience needs to be end to end and it's not enough to have friendly and excellent front office and restaurant service only to be frustrated with housekeeping services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury 5-star hotel is located in central Green Point, just a 10-minute walk from Cape Town Stadium and the V&A Waterfront. It offers bright rooms with free capped Wi-Fi, a rooftop pool and gym. Cape Royale Luxury Hotel features spacious suites with a Juliet balcony and includes a well-equipped kitchen, large living and entertainment areas. All rooms have a flat-screen satellite TV, a CD and DVD Player. Guests of the luxury Cape Royale have a choice between 5 dining options including a pool bar offering views of Cape Town Harbour and Table Mountain, as well as a modern gym featuring state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment. Cape Royale's concierge can offer suggestions on local activities and can arrange a complimentary shuttle service that can transport guests within a 5 km radius of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cape Royale Luxury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Royale Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Royale
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Royale Luxury Hotel Cape Town, South Africa